Author Topic: Champions League 2008-09 Thread  (Read 103983 times)

Re: Champions League 2008-09 Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 27, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »

Offline cmbvale

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 5
Congratulations to Barça. Definitely the better team today.

Very poor display by United.  :(
Some want to be like Mike, i wanted to be like Ryan.

« Reply #301 on: May 27, 2009, 05:14:37 PM »

Offline Markeras

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 11
Que si,  que somos CAMPEONES!

Efffing awesome!! Barça is the best team in the world. Oh ManU, good effort but yoour team peaked too early!

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 07:05:35 PM by Edgar »

« Reply #302 on: May 27, 2009, 06:02:24 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Easy win for Barça, as expected. Manchester's luck wouldn't last forever - they proved they were an overrated, very beatable team versus Inter and Porto, so it was just a matter of time till they went back to earth. Barcelona is a good team, but unfortunately this win is tainted by the terrible officiating that allowed them to qualify.

« Reply #303 on: May 27, 2009, 07:05:13 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Que si,  que somos CAMPEONES!

Efffing awesome!! Barça is the best team in the world. Oh ManU, good effort but yoour team peaked too early!

ditto without the word.
 ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #304 on: May 27, 2009, 09:35:48 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Easy win for Barça, as expected. Manchester's luck wouldn't last forever - they proved they were an overrated, very beatable team versus Inter and Porto, so it was just a matter of time till they went back to earth. Barcelona is a good team, but unfortunately this win is tainted by the terrible officiating that allowed them to qualify.

Still gracious in defeat I see. "Overrated and very beatable"? There was no point in the Inter tie that they could or should have beaten us and against Porto in Porto, you did nothing. At Old Trafford it was even and we underestimated you. But maybe Porto are better in your opinion? Wait, of course they are. What luck? We certainly were not lucky against Arsenal or Inter or in the three seasons where we won our domestic league.

To be honest, I'm sick of this United bashing from you and it's gotten to the point where you felt it was necessary to rub salt in the wounds. That's cheap and pathetic.

And was it an "easy" win for Barcelona? Not really, in the first 10 minutes they could have been 2 down, then after that they controlled the game. I accept that we lost to the better team fair and square. We could have played better, but we didn't and we lost. But easy? No. That's football, you accept it and move on. Or maybe 2 months later I can hold a grudge I have no real reason to hold.

« Reply #305 on: May 27, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Geez... is it possible to criticize Manchester United here without suffering personal attacks? One can't say ManUtd is overrated without being accused of being "pathetic"? I mean, I know United fans are convinced they are God's team  and morally, ethically and philosophically superior to every other club in the world, but give me a break already. If people can't accept their favourite club being criticized without resorting to ad hominem arguments and personal attacks, maybe they should consider to stop talking about that subject in public forums, no?

« Reply #306 on: May 27, 2009, 09:49:54 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Geez... is it possible to criticize Manchester United here without suffering personal attacks? One can't say ManUtd is overrated without being accused of being "pathetic"?

You can say what you want but your timing was poor and the manner in which you said it was tasteless. Plus, I know you have a personal problem with United, so your opinion is never a good one. "Hulk is better than Ronaldo" - I rest my case.

« Reply #307 on: May 27, 2009, 09:50:52 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Geez... is it possible to criticize Manchester United here without suffering personal attacks? One can't say ManUtd is overrated without being accused of being "pathetic"?

You can say what you want but your timing was poor and the manner in which you said it was tasteless. Plus, I know you have a personal problem with United, so your opinion is never a good one. "Hulk is better than Ronaldo" - I rest my case.

Another ad hominem argument? I'm reporting this post to the mods.

Yeah, the timing was poor... making comments on a match after the match! Go figure!!

« Reply #308 on: May 27, 2009, 09:53:21 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
 ::)
I am not going to say anything this time

U 2 know better than this

Moving on....
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #309 on: May 27, 2009, 09:55:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
::)
I am not going to say anything this time

U 2 know better than this

Moving on....

Yes, let's cool the tempers, please. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #310 on: May 27, 2009, 10:06:31 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Report me to the mods? You'd think I was abusing you or something. Well, if Porto ever get to play in another game of this magnitude, I'll remember to hail their resounding defeat as expected then pass it off as nothing when you flip out.

Moving on, congratulations Barca. You deserve it and Messi is the best player in the world right now. I'm not bitter, just upset. We'll be back next year for your crown.

« Reply #311 on: May 27, 2009, 10:11:15 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Report me to the mods? You'd think I was abusing you or something. Well, if Porto ever get to play in another game of this magnitude, I'll remember to hail their resounding defeat as expected then pass it off as nothing when you flip out.

Yes, because Porto never played more than the quarter-finals of the Champions League. Oh wait, you probably mean because they played ManUnited. Oh sure, it was an incredible honor!! It was probaly the highest point in our 106 years of history! Actually, nothing comes close to that! ::) ::)

And I was already being accused by the paranoids here of being a United hater well before the draw, because I refuted the lies about Manchester United being a completely different club than Real Madrid.

« Reply #312 on: May 27, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

Yes, because Porto never played more than the quarter-finals of the Champions League. Oh wait, you probably mean because they played ManUnited. Oh sure, it was an incredible honor!! It was probaly the highest point in our 106 years of history!  ::) ::)

Hence me saying "another game of this magnitude". Of course, Porto are a team rich in history. Sadly, I don't see a miracle happening any time soon in which you become one of Europe's elite again.

« Reply #313 on: May 27, 2009, 10:18:54 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Yes, because Porto never played more than the quarter-finals of the Champions League. Oh wait, you probably mean because they played ManUnited. Oh sure, it was an incredible honor!! It was probaly the highest point in our 106 years of history!  ::) ::)

Hence me saying "another game of this magnitude". Of course, Porto are a team rich in history. Sadly, I don't see a miracle happening any time soon in which you become one of Europe's elite again.

Of course than when Porto is elite it's a miracle.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Manchester United fans: where uneducated arrogance and lack of civility happens.

Just the suggestion that Porto may never play again "another game of this magnitude" when we've been advancing from the group stage of the Champions League quite frequently is hilarious enough. 

« Reply #314 on: May 27, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Manchester United fans: where uneducated arrogance and lack of civility happens.

As opposed to cordobes the Porto fan: civilized and modest fountain of all knowledge.

Give me a break.