Author Topic: My girl is very upset with me and I need advice.  (Read 82317 times)

Re: My girl is very upset with me and I need advice.
« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2008, 11:02:31 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
12 pages of responses for this question haha thats great.
Jeff, can we make T-shirts that say "Celticsblog is for lovers".

Listen man, I read your post and thats it so I dont know if any of this was said already but basically...

1) if you feel your comment was harmless, then you shouldnt feel too bad, shes overreacting

2) if your girlfriend is that upset over it, she clearly has trust issues or has really low self-esteem

3) if shes this upset at this and youre not even married yet, maybe you dont want to get married just yet... should probably wait it out a bit.

« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2008, 02:02:42 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
* Honestly, If your girl doesn't sign out of myspace, leaves the house and you hop on the computer are you signing out?

I think 90% are headed for the inbox/outbox, it is Human nature.

Really?  In all honesty...  there's no way I would.  0% chance.  Privacy and respect for others are HUGE issues with me, and I wouldn't breach that for anything.  You'd really be 100% comfortable doing that, and you think 9 out of 10 other people would be, too?

I think our "reality show" culture is very impulsive and dramatic...

so yes the large majority.

Me?

In my past I'm probably part of the 90%.

I'm part of the 10% with Ashley though.

I know this because she has left her phone at home before and I didn't care to go near it.

I might be more annoyed if I didn't have anything to hide I guess.

Ok Roy,

What if you started to get that feeling at the pit of your stomach like somethings not right...

You think to yourself, "Hmm... am I being paranoid or is she being disloyal to me?"

Now you hop on your computer and she's signed on myspace and you are faced with the opportunity to find out for sure?

I only go on myspace for music, but if myspace email is like regular email I wouldn't do it. It's crossing a line. You're invading their privacy, spying on them. It's like listening in on phone calls. You're in kind of a tough spot because you got busted (doing something slightly innocuous) but it's wrong that you'll have to take measures to conceal things if you want privacy, even if it's just being careful to do things like log out of myspace.

« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2008, 02:29:25 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
well good deal. now that thats solved whos our next victim? who else has a relationship issue they want to start a new thread with? cmon training camp is still several weeks away...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2008, 04:43:44 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Dude...you say you have removed Myspace from your computer?

Maybe you can download some nads to your pants.

Seriously.

Chances are shes gettin it on with your best friend and has just been waiting for an excuse.

Move on....plenty more fish in the sea.

Hey, aren't you one of the frat guys from Borat? Nice to have a celebrity onboard.

Whats that supposed to mean?

« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2008, 04:47:39 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Seriously.

Chances are shes gettin it on with your best friend and has just been waiting for an excuse.

Hey, aren't you one of the frat guys from Borat? Nice to have a celebrity onboard.

It probably means that you can't "remove MySpace from your computer" (it's an Internet site), and that there is no such thing as 'nads'.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2008, 03:14:55 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I would just like to point out that this little incident of yours has been archived by your girlfriend/future wife and may/will be used in the future at her disgression. In the event of forgotten birthdays, poor gift selection, too much time at the gym, longing glances at a waitress, this incident will be brought back into discussion and used as character evidence against you. Please note that there is no expiration date on this incident.

For duplication and archival reasons this incident has also been logged with her 12 closest friends.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I would just like to point out that this little incident of yours has been archived by your girlfriend/future wife and may/will be used in the future at her disgression. In the event of forgotten birthdays, poor gift selection, too much time at the gym, longing glances at a waitress, this incident will be brought back into discussion and used as character evidence against you. Please note that there is no expiration date on this incident.

For duplication and archival reasons this incident has also been logged with her 12 closest friends.

Mk

oh boy, believe me I know.

« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2008, 06:03:11 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
To me, these sites are nothing more than the prototype teenybopper texting somebody sitting right next to them....A collossal waste of time exchanging meaningless information and a great way for predatory behavior to thrive. 

How much time have you actually spent on myspace?  I use it to find new music, watch stand up comics, talk on Celtics and Twins message boards, and as its been mentioned before, keep up with old friends (its a godsend when it comes to this).  I can't see how it would be any bigger waste of time than shooting the breeze with fellow C's fans at this very website.

« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2008, 07:05:12 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
To me, these sites are nothing more than the prototype teenybopper texting somebody sitting right next to them....A collossal waste of time exchanging meaningless information and a great way for predatory behavior to thrive. 

How much time have you actually spent on myspace?  I use it to find new music, watch stand up comics, talk on Celtics and Twins message boards, and as its been mentioned before, keep up with old friends (its a godsend when it comes to this).  I can't see how it would be any bigger waste of time than shooting the breeze with fellow C's fans at this very website.

I'm hardly ever on the darn thing. I check my messages/comments, respond and that's that.

« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2008, 09:08:26 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
If off having a myspace page always leads to trouble when you have a girlfriend.  But if your having trust issues now, I think it's best not to get married.  A solid relationship is base on trust and communication.  Seem to me that had trust issues before this.  I would suggest that you guys take some time apart to think about you whole relationship.  You have to ask yourself why did you send that girl that message?  From your girls standpoint that they type of message you should send to her and not someone else.

« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2008, 11:23:52 AM »

Offline iowa plowboy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113

It's also a godsend when it comes to spreading viruses, worms, etc.  After one of my employees worked on Saturdays I'd come in on Monday having to clean out my machine because it had slowed to a crawl on Mondays.   The only common denominator was this useless site.  I have never experienced this while I'm wasting my time shooting the breeze on this website.

Those new "standup comics" are probably laughing their posteriors off. 

« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

It's also a godsend when it comes to spreading viruses, worms, etc.  After one of my employees worked on Saturdays I'd come in on Monday having to clean out my machine because it had slowed to a crawl on Mondays.   The only common denominator was this useless site.  I have never experienced this while I'm wasting my time shooting the breeze on this website.

Those new "standup comics" are probably laughing their posteriors off. 

ive had zero problems in that area, but i have a good firewall.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2008, 11:30:57 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Started_a_Joke

« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2008, 12:22:32 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I can't believe the "As the MySpace Page Turns" thread is still alive. Training camp is a short 7 weeks away. 

« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2008, 12:34:31 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I can't believe the "As the MySpace Page Turns" thread is still alive. Training camp is a short 7 weeks away. 

It's looking like a pretty long 7 weeks right now...