Author Topic: Josh Jackson  (Read 2252 times)

Josh Jackson
« on: January 02, 2021, 01:28:06 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
Liked what I saw out of him last night — hopefully he’s turned things around.

As I’ve been thinking about wings who could come cheap in trade this season, he’s one to consider. The pistons may be happy to extract an asset or two for players like Jackson as they rebuild.

Re: Josh Jackson
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 02:11:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

As I’ve been thinking about wings who could come cheap in trade this season, he’s one to consider. The pistons may be happy to extract an asset or two for players like Jackson as they rebuild.

naw.  He was considered an elite talent and still has room to grow

Pistons will probably keep him and reap the benefits of a cheap signing

Plus Danny was put off by what he and BJ Armstrong did to him.  Danny doesn't seem like a forgiving type

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 02:18:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

If Jackson keeps playing at the level he is or even better, at just 23 years old and making just $5 million a year, isn't he an asset, one you don't trade?

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 02:42:11 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

If Jackson keeps playing at the level he is or even better, at just 23 years old and making just $5 million a year, isn't he an asset, one you don't trade?
Hi might be messing up their tanking plans. He will require a very significant raise to keep beyond this season. Depends on what pistons are trying to do in the short and long term

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 02:57:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Hi might be messing up their tanking plans. He will require a very significant raise to keep beyond this season. Depends on what pistons are trying to do in the short and long term
Jackson is signed for next year as well...at a bargain rate of $5 million. There is simply no reason for Detroit to move him if he continues to perform at the level he has.

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 04:33:49 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on Detroit’s goals in the time they have with Jackson. That he’s signed cheap makes him of immediate value to a good team in need of a rotation bench wing. And to say Troy Weaver has shown erratic (and in at times irrational) trade behavior is an understatement.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 03:42:10 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
Jackson been talked about here more and more these days.... floating this chain back to the board.

To my previous point, Troy Weaver continue to make dubious trades. Could have gotten more for Derrick Rose.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 04:01:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'd be willing to give up a first round pick for him, or Nesmith or Romeo for him.  He is very athletic, and has finally gotten his head together. There was a legitimate debate on him vs Tatum at the 3rd pick.  Thank god we took Tatum, but I watched nearly all of Jackson's college games at Kansas, and really loved how he played. He seemed to be a perfect Celtic.   Detroit very wisely signed him pretty cheap this off season.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 04:03:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Jackson been talked about here more and more these days.... floating this chain back to the board.

To my previous point, Troy Weaver continue to make dubious trades. Could have gotten more for Derrick Rose.

Sure they could've gotten more for Rose, but they were trying to do him a solid by sending him to a team that he wanted to go to. Situations are entirely different with Rose being an older vet and Jackson proving himself to be the type of player Detroit can make a foundational piece.

I agree with Nick, there's no reason for Detroit to move Jackson right now. He's the type of young, cost controlled talent they'd be trying to get in trades.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 04:50:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Sure they could've gotten more for Rose, but they were trying to do him a solid by sending him to a team that he wanted to go to. Situations are entirely different with Rose being an older vet and Jackson proving himself to be the type of player Detroit can make a foundational piece.

I agree with Nick, there's no reason for Detroit to move Jackson right now. He's the type of young, cost controlled talent they'd be trying to get in trades.

Good point. There is always more than meets the eye in NBA transactions.

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 10:29:31 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton

Good point. There is always more than meets the eye in NBA transactions.

I'm not comparing Rose and Jackson, or their situations.

My point is simple: Troy Weaver is highly suspect. Danny has always been pretty good at picking on poorly run NBA franchises. Suggesting he should consider doing the same here.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 10:49:53 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
One more addition here: coincidentally, Jackson's contract is PRECISELY the same size as the Enes Kanter's trade exception.