Author Topic: KAT For JB?  (Read 3248 times)

Re: KAT For JB?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2021, 12:12:18 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
To all obsessed with Towns :
- how do one manages to have him healthy and not miss many games ?
- how does Towns improve the W/L column ?

The bullets above are serious enough concerns to not even be willing to trade smart for him
He missed 5 games in his first four years in the league.  Last year he had an injury and that has carried over some into this year, but I'm not worried about his health at all.

Every single season, the Wolves have been better per 100 possessions with Towns on the court vs him off the court.  The last 3 years it is at least 4 points per 100 better.  As a comparison, the Celtics were better with Brown on the bench the last two years.  The problem in Minnesota is not Towns, it is the rest of the roster.

I'm just scared with how our injury luck has been going- he (who is another star-calibre player) is going to become "damaged goods"...see Hayward, see Irving, see Walker lol.

Missed like only 5 games in his first four years in the league and suddenly misses 33 games with the C's, that's just how it is lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 12:16:27 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
You're tireless with these trade proposals aren't you.

What can I say? I’m not happy with being .500 and, I hope I’m wrong about this, facing an inevitable first-round elimination. If there’s a way we can turn JB into improvement, I’m all for it. If we end up keeping him, hopefully I’m wrong and he does become the next Kawhi or next Jimmy Butler. But I suspect he will continue to be a very good starter, maybe a borderline all-star in certain years, so basically the Glen Rice, Sr. of the 2020s. Not good enough. If we can trade up while his stat-line is soaring, I’m all for it.
Jaylen will pick up the missing pieces of the puzzle that is team defense very soon and then he is a lock to be at least an all nba 3rd team for years to come. He loved when people doubt him

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2021, 12:28:02 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Brown’s a stud- what’s going on here? Based on attitude alone, I believe Brown will end up with a more successful career at the end of the day. Can’t teach dog. Can’t teach leadership. Also, I used to unabashedly diss KAT and his game, but he’s having a rough go of life right now. Which doesn’t help his case either, unfortunately.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2021, 01:03:23 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

What can I say? I’m not happy with being .500 and, I hope I’m wrong about this, facing an inevitable first-round elimination. If there’s a way we can trade JB for a superstar, even a borderline superstar, I’m all for it. If we end up keeping him, hopefully I’m wrong and he does become the next Kawhi or next Jimmy Butler. But I suspect he will continue to be a very good starter and maybe a borderline all-star in his mid/late 20s, so basically the Glen Rice, Sr. of the 2020s. The way some people fawn over him on here reminds me of Hornets fans who thought Rice was going to be THE man to bring them a title. In reality, he’s simply not good enough as our number two guy (and not a champion unless he joins the Lakers late in his career like Rice did). If we can trade up for a disgruntled superstar while JB’s stat-line is on fire, I’m all for it.
He was a borderline All-Star last season, if he keeps up what he's been doing so far he's going to get into an All-NBA team ahead of Tatum this year.

In what world is 2021 Jaylen Brown (assuming he keeps it up) is the Glen Rice of the 2020s? You might as well say that Tatum is the 6'8 Ricky Pierce of the 2020s lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2021, 01:06:55 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
#JKJB
#JKJB

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 01:12:58 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

What can I say? I’m not happy with being .500 and, I hope I’m wrong about this, facing an inevitable first-round elimination. If there’s a way we can trade JB for a superstar, even a borderline superstar, I’m all for it. If we end up keeping him, hopefully I’m wrong and he does become the next Kawhi or next Jimmy Butler. But I suspect he will continue to be a very good starter and maybe a borderline all-star in his mid/late 20s, so basically the Glen Rice, Sr. of the 2020s. The way some people fawn over him on here reminds me of Hornets fans who thought Rice was going to be THE man to bring them a title. In reality, he’s simply not good enough as our number two guy (and not a champion unless he joins the Lakers late in his career like Rice did). If we can trade up for a disgruntled superstar while JB’s stat-line is on fire, I’m all for it.
He was a borderline All-Star last season, if he keeps up what he's been doing so far he's going to get into an All-NBA team ahead of Tatum this year.

In what world is 2021 Jaylen Brown (assuming he keeps it up) is the Glen Rice of the 2020s? You might as well say that Tatum is the 6'8 Ricky Pierce of the 2020s lol.

Maybe Glen Rice on offense, but he's a much better defender than Rice ever was, and has greater upside on that side of the court.

For both Tatum and Brown, the two things they need is 1) continued quality distribution, and 2) finding a way to get easy points.

I'd like to see them each figure out how to get a few cheap free throws each game.

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2021, 02:23:03 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Need get Kemba healthy and add a vet off the bench, then we be okay
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2021, 02:47:25 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Any trade that involves Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown is a big no.

Teams wait for years to find and develop a young player like this, now we have 2. We have the foundation of a contending team for years to come. Unless we screw it up and throw it away on some ill-advised trade.

When we get Kemba back, most of our problems aren't problems any longer. If we can get him back and keep him back.