Author Topic: Bradley Beal?  (Read 7002 times)

Re: Bradley Beal?
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2020, 02:00:28 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Kemba to knicks

Randle, frank, romeo, edwards picks to washington

Beal and quickley to boston

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
So It is OK for GH to do the best for himself and his family but not for a FO to do the best for the team?

For the players it's business but the organisations has to show loyalty?

AD wanted to go to LAL so AD's threw out that bs about Boston doing IT dirty. Player movement is at an all-time high and lots of players have been moved after just signing contracts.

Even with IT, we traded for him and then traded him away while on the same contract. It's not like he ever actually even technically committed to the Cs. And we sent them to the ECF champs. If IT had been healthy and helped CLE to the Finals, nobody would care. It's because he never got paid that people feel bad, and for some reason, that blame falls on Danny.

As far as a Kemba for Beal trade - I would do it if it was an even swap, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to go all-in or include Brown. Kemba is as good as Beal when healthy and the Cs are doing everything in their power to get him back to his previous form.

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2020, 04:50:01 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Please stop including including Kemba as the core of trades for some of the best players in the league until his quality of play and durability can be determined.

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2020, 05:07:20 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
Please stop including including Kemba as the core of trades for some of the best players in the league until his quality of play and durability can be determined.

The only reason Kemba is on the shelf was due to some knee work that was done due to team expecting season to not start until mid January.

He had the procedure done prior to knowing games would start in December.

There is no reason at all to believe that Kemba will not return to Allstar form. Zero.

'21 Historical Draft

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2020, 05:18:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Trading Brown and Smart for Beal actually makes the team much worse. Heck, just based on how important Jaylen is defensively to the Celtics, I think it can be credibly argued that a one for one swap of Beal for Brown makes the Celtics a worse team.

Much like Harden, if you are trading for Beal, it has to be to add him to the Brown/Tatum/Smart core not to replace one or two players in that core, otherwise, I am not sure trading for Beal or Harden moves the needle to a title all that much.

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2020, 05:19:45 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

The only reason Kemba is on the shelf was due to some knee work that was done due to team expecting season to not start until mid January.

There is no reason at all to believe that Kemba will not return to Allstar form. Zero.
If the Celtics expect Kemba to return to all star form, they have zero reason to trade him.

Beal is a little better player than a healthy Kemba, but only marginally so. If the Celtics were trading Kemba for Beal, very little else should be added on the Celtics part. The Wizards are the sellers. Makes no sense to overpay.

IMO, the Celtics won't trade Kemba. They would be hardpressed to find a better fit with Brown and Tatum than a healthy Kemba, and if Kemba's long-term health issues are debilitating, we're not getting much for him anyway.

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2020, 05:26:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Trading Brown and Smart for Beal actually makes the team much worse. Heck, just based on how important Jaylen is defensively to the Celtics, I think it can be credibly argued that a one for one swap of Beal for Brown makes the Celtics a worse team.

Much like Harden, if you are trading for Beal, it has to be to add him to the Brown/Tatum/Smart core not to replace one or two players in that core, otherwise, I am not sure trading for Beal or Harden moves the needle to a title all that much.
I don’t think anyone in the whole thread has proposed trading Brown for Beal
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2020, 05:29:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

If the Celtics expect Kemba to return to all star form, they have zero reason to trade him.

Beal is a little better player than a healthy Kemba, but only marginally so. If the Celtics were trading Kemba for Beal, very little else should be added on the Celtics part. The Wizards are the sellers. Makes no sense to overpay.

IMO, the Celtics won't trade Kemba. They would be hardpressed to find a better fit with Brown and Tatum than a healthy Kemba, and if Kemba's long-term health issues are debilitating, we're not getting much for him anyway.
Beal is considerably better than Kemba in my opinion. 30 point scorer, better size, better rebounder, and a much better fit age-wise with Brown and Tatum.

I also really don’t think they would actually be hard pressed to find a better fit than Kemba. There are many guys of equal or lesser talent who would fit better.

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2020, 05:35:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

There's been a couple guys that said it would take moving Brown to get Beal. I was responding to that.

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2020, 06:26:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

There's been a couple guys that said it would take moving Brown to get Beal. I was responding to that.
To those I say no it would not, especially given Beal’s obviously declining relationship with Washington

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2020, 06:27:17 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton

Beal is a far superior player to Kemba and a better fit agewise and skill wise.

Beal, brown and tatum is a lethal trio. And Beal has far superior tools to be better defensively when not having to be the number 1  2 and 3 scoring options on hos team.

Beal is better than Kemba.
'21 Historical Draft

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2020, 06:38:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He is the Kinda player we need ....to give us Kemba was paid to do.

I would not waste Brown anf Tatum years.   Wave Kemba , go after somebody like Beal.

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2020, 06:48:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
He is the Kinda player we need ....to give us Kemba was paid to do.

I would not waste Brown anf Tatum years.   Wave Kemba , go after somebody like Beal.

Lol

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2020, 10:18:08 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Call me crazy... but the best ability is availability.   Kemba is on the shelf....   No way they don't ask for the farm for Beal.   Westbrook on the other hand might be had for less...   

Kemba/ picks filler for Westbrook.    3 Year window like J&J!    Dangerous...
Diggles

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2020, 10:23:28 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Call me crazy... but the best ability is availability.   Kemba is on the shelf....   No way they don't ask for the farm for Beal.   Westbrook on the other hand might be had for less...   

Kemba/ picks filler for Westbrook.    3 Year window like J&J!    Dangerous...
Kemba plus Carsen is the max I would offer and only if Tatum and Beown approve and there no other options to use Kemba .., absolutely last resort is Westbrook.