Author Topic: I would take Lonzo Ball....  (Read 5642 times)

Re: I would take Lonzo Ball....
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2020, 05:16:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
No need to add more lakers fans to the roster. We already got one confirmed in Tatum:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/12/22/22195790/jayson-tatum-grew-up-hating-celtics-wanted-play-for-lakers-like-kobe-bryant

“My favorite player and my idol was Kobe and everybody knows that. So, I didn’t like the Celtics at all,” Tatum told former NBA star Quentin Richardson in an interview that will air Wednesday night on TNT. “I only grew up, I was like, I’m going to play for the Lakers. Honestly, I never knew what Boston was at. Like I knew only East Coast. But, I’d never been there, I never thought about going there.”

Are you going to panic every time a player of the Celtics turned out to like the Lakers. You realize that Pierce was a huge Laker fan as well and he bought a title to Boston.
I know all that. Pierce changed colors. Others will too but some will not if they can get comparable situation and despite slightly less dollars with the lakers.
I take it you have examples of this?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2020, 05:39:13 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 I’d love Lonzo here. I’ve always loved his game. No wasted dribbles. A class act and a very good , long defensive player with exceptional court vision.
  What I can’t figure is the FT percentage while he’s improved his shot so much. What is he 37 or 38 from 3? I’m too lazy to look it up. But I see him in the halfcourt snd I’m like [dang] dude attack the paint! You can!  But he does and say he gets stripped. You then see him not try it again for awhile. I would guess he’s afraid to go to the FT line where he struggles snd he’s embarrassed. This really altered Antoine Walkers career in my opinion, as well.
  Maybe it was all the dumb hype. He acts really classy around all of it but maybe he’s just overwhelmed and soured in hoops. I thought his effort in the bubble was bad. But [dang] would I love to see him running a 3 on 2 break with JAY on each side.

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2020, 06:28:38 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I’d love Lonzo here. I’ve always loved his game. No wasted dribbles. A class act and a very good , long defensive player with exceptional court vision.
  What I can’t figure is the FT percentage while he’s improved his shot so much. What is he 37 or 38 from 3? I’m too lazy to look it up. But I see him in the halfcourt snd I’m like [dang] dude attack the paint! You can!  But he does and say he gets stripped. You then see him not try it again for awhile. I would guess he’s afraid to go to the FT line where he struggles snd he’s embarrassed. This really altered Antoine Walkers career in my opinion, as well.
  Maybe it was all the dumb hype. He acts really classy around all of it but maybe he’s just overwhelmed and soured in hoops. I thought his effort in the bubble was bad. But [dang] would I love to see him running a 3 on 2 break with JAY on each side.
I’m not sure if it’s as serious an attitude issue as you're painting it out to be, I just think he needs a good coach. His turnovers are a huge issue, as is free throw shooting. Maybe the FT shooting will never get good, like Rondo, but the turnovers should be coachable.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)