Author Topic: I would take Lonzo Ball....  (Read 5646 times)

Re: I would take Lonzo Ball....
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 06:17:25 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Hear his father is trying to get all his sons playing together on the same team down in Charlotte.

Lol.that’s funny.

He thinks they'll all play better if they are together. That they understand one another better than anyone else can. Have been playing together all their lives.

Plus, marketing reasons.

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 06:21:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hear his father is trying to get all his sons playing together on the same team down in Charlotte.

Lol.that’s funny.

He thinks they'll all play better if they are together. That they understand one another better than anyone else can. Have been playing together all their lives.

Plus, marketing reasons.
He faces one significant challenge in all this.

LiAngelo Ball sucks at basketball
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 06:34:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I would gladly add Lonzo Ball if the Pelicans aren’t planning for him in there future. He plays defense and his shot is coming along. I wasn’t a big fan of him when he was with the Lakers ( I’m never a big fan of any Laker...) but he is a useful player who can pass and defend at a high level. He would be a good pick up if the price is right.

Are you willing to pay him $20M a year for his next contract?
Since otherwise, what's the point?
Agree. If Fultz is getting $17 million, what the heck is Ball worth on the open market? I wouldn't want any part of that next Lonzo Ball contract.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 07:41:16 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
No need to add more lakers fans to the roster. We already got one confirmed in Tatum:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/12/22/22195790/jayson-tatum-grew-up-hating-celtics-wanted-play-for-lakers-like-kobe-bryant

“My favorite player and my idol was Kobe and everybody knows that. So, I didn’t like the Celtics at all,” Tatum told former NBA star Quentin Richardson in an interview that will air Wednesday night on TNT. “I only grew up, I was like, I’m going to play for the Lakers. Honestly, I never knew what Boston was at. Like I knew only East Coast. But, I’d never been there, I never thought about going there.”

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 07:52:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
No need to add more lakers fans to the roster. We already got one confirmed in Tatum:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/12/22/22195790/jayson-tatum-grew-up-hating-celtics-wanted-play-for-lakers-like-kobe-bryant

“My favorite player and my idol was Kobe and everybody knows that. So, I didn’t like the Celtics at all,” Tatum told former NBA star Quentin Richardson in an interview that will air Wednesday night on TNT. “I only grew up, I was like, I’m going to play for the Lakers. Honestly, I never knew what Boston was at. Like I knew only East Coast. But, I’d never been there, I never thought about going there.”
Because Lakers fans like Paul Pierce have served us so poorly historically
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 08:43:01 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I would gladly add Lonzo Ball if the Pelicans aren’t planning for him in there future. He plays defense and his shot is coming along. I wasn’t a big fan of him when he was with the Lakers ( I’m never a big fan of any Laker...) but he is a useful player who can pass and defend at a high level. He would be a good pick up if the price is right.

Are you willing to pay him $20M a year for his next contract?
Since otherwise, what's the point?
Agree. If Fultz is getting $17 million, what the heck is Ball worth on the open market? I wouldn't want any part of that next Lonzo Ball contract.

It probably depends on how good he plays but we’d have his bird rights if he had a great season.

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 10:39:56 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Are you going to panic every time a player of the Celtics turned out to like the Lakers. You realize that Pierce was a huge Laker fan as well and he bought a title to Boston.

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2020, 07:09:03 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Lol.that’s funny.

Plus, marketing reasons.
He faces one significant challenge in all this.

LiAngelo Ball sucks at basketball

Let's not quibble over minor details.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2020, 10:31:17 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I said something similar on another post, sign me up, I'll take a flyer.  I hear he has improved his shot, but I want him as a pure PG!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2020, 10:33:22 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Are you going to panic every time a player of the Celtics turned out to like the Lakers. You realize that Pierce was a huge Laker fan as well and he bought a title to Boston.
I know all that. Pierce changed colors. Others will too but some will not if they can get comparable situation and despite slightly less dollars with the lakers.

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2020, 11:19:06 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586

TP for this.

Lonzo's "game" would fit well in Boston.

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2020, 12:36:26 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

TP for this.

Lonzo's "game" would fit well in Boston.

It would. The money he would get would be concerning but he would be a great fit for this. Year. If all you’d be giving up was a couple of picks, a 1st and 2nd, then it’d be worth it to me.

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2020, 03:40:12 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you will), but Paul Pierce was a Laker fan growing up too, if you remember.  Seems he worked out OK, no?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2020, 04:09:21 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

I wouldn't exactly call Quentin Richardson a "star."

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2020, 04:27:26 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I'd swap Smart for Lonzo straight up. Get the Jays easier buckets without giving up much on the other end.
ok fine