Author Topic: 76ers (18-7) at Celtics (17-6) Game #24 12/12/19  (Read 34357 times)

Re: 76ers (18-7) at Celtics (17-6) Game #24 12/12/19
« Reply #330 on: December 12, 2019, 10:50:49 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Again, the sixers are frauds. The league loves Embiid tho, so they will get every advantage

Not sure how much longer I can watch this league. It disrespects our players again and again, despite the fact that we're the best franchise in the history of the sport.

I have so many other things I could be doing. At least MLB doesn't treat the Sox like trash. Or the NHL with the Bruins.

On a side note, Chris Webber is truly a pathetic human being. David Stern stole a championship form him, and he just pretends like it didn't happen. And now he earns his paycheck and is a full-blown league yes-man as an announcer. Horrible.

That's money for ya.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #331 on: December 12, 2019, 10:50:50 PM »

Offline CaNdyMaN1369

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 151
Terrible start to the 4th quarter, just couldn't ever quite catch up...     :(

« Reply #332 on: December 12, 2019, 10:51:01 PM »

Offline Greenblood35

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
Philly is clearly the better team. They have no answer for Embiid. Celts have a nice little team but not good enough to compete with the big boys. They need to pray someone out of Brown, Tatum, or Hayward bring their game up a few notches consistently or this team will be bounced in the second round. I don’t think any of those 3 can. They are good players but they can’t take over a game consistently. Harris owned Tatum tonight. They need to make some trades.

Wow, this feels like a strong overreaction. "Philly is clearly the better team". we are a "Nice little team". We played like hot garbage for a large portion of this game. Tatum might have played one of his worst games of the season, we were coming off a back to back from Indiana, and yet we still had a chance to win the game. I am as frustrated as the next person but come on, let's step back from the ledge.

« Reply #333 on: December 12, 2019, 10:51:47 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1691
We have to be better to beat good teams.  I feel like we’re in a lull here where our defense is giving the other team too many shots that they like, while our good shots are hard to come by.

We rely more on iso ball than we should, IMO.  Yes, all of these guys CAN create their own looks... but when they’re playing together, they don’t have to.  I don’t need these possessions where Kemba dribbles aimlessly for 22 seconds and then hoists a contested three.  That possession would get a different player benched.  Let’s aim for better than that.

We failed this test tonight.  Do better on the next one.

« Reply #334 on: December 12, 2019, 10:51:55 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551
I hate that foul. Play defense.

Putting Simmons at the line is a good odds play.  Arguably we should have started doing it sooner.

Yeah, worked great didn't it ?
Still a good strategy.

No it really isnt. Again he's about a 60% shooter which means you are more than likely giving up a point there, which is A LOT when the game is under a minute. Just play defense, get a stop, the sixers are not a great offensive team.

« Reply #335 on: December 12, 2019, 10:52:43 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551
Tatum shoots 5 for 18 is a hard game to win.
Yep, same as last night.

In fairness he did hit two big threes down the stretch.

« Reply #336 on: December 12, 2019, 10:53:23 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I wish I could be done with the refs but I can’t I have to endure their BS calls/non calls game after game.  I’m positive the league wants the 76ers to be one of the darlings of the league because of this Ben Simmons/ Embiid love.  But why no love for our stars?  We are a more fun team to watch and we have really good players.  But we can’t even get obvious fouls call legit on our home court.  So mad at the refs.  >:(

« Reply #337 on: December 12, 2019, 10:54:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3189
Philly is clearly the better team. They have no answer for Embiid. Celts have a nice little team but not good enough to compete with the big boys. They need to pray someone out of Brown, Tatum, or Hayward bring their game up a few notches consistently or this team will be bounced in the second round. I don’t think any of those 3 can. They are good players but they can’t take over a game consistently. Harris owned Tatum tonight. They need to make some trades.

Wow, this feels like a strong overreaction. "Philly is clearly the better team". we are a "Nice little team". We played like hot garbage for a large portion of this game. Tatum might have played one of his worst games of the season, we were coming off a back to back from Indiana, and yet we still had a chance to win the game. I am as frustrated as the next person but come on, let's step back from the ledge.

Don't ever try and stop someone from going over the ledge as they will pull you off with them. ::)

« Reply #338 on: December 12, 2019, 10:54:25 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 879
  • GOT IT!!!
We have to be better to beat good teams.  I feel like we’re in a lull here where our defense is giving the other team too many shots that they like, while our good shots are hard to come by.

We rely more on iso ball than we should, IMO.  Yes, all of these guys CAN create their own looks... but when they’re playing together, they don’t have to.  I don’t need these possessions where Kemba dribbles aimlessly for 22 seconds and then hoists a contested three.  That possession would get a different player benched.  Let’s aim for better than that.

We failed this test tonight.  Do better on the next one.

24 games into the season and the C's are slipping in the energy department. The offense is becoming lazy and way to ISO-centric. The biggest culprit is Tatum, he can kill any rhythm the team has single handily.

« Reply #339 on: December 12, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
We murder them with Smart back.

I'm not worried at all - any team that shoots 50% from three has a pretty good chance of winning the game.

Actually, this was a real step forward for Kanter in terms of his role on this team.

Hard loss to take after getting done by Indy, and now walking into the Doncic buzzsaw. Hope Smart's back and has a huge game. Dude is probably licking his lips to match up with Doncic.

Totally agree that Tatum's ISO game is becoming a problem though..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #340 on: December 12, 2019, 10:55:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3189
Tatum shoots 5 for 18 is a hard game to win.
Yep, same as last night.

In fairness he did hit two big threes down the stretch.

So he was 5-18 instead of 3-15...

« Reply #341 on: December 12, 2019, 10:56:53 PM »

Offline CaNdyMaN1369

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 151
We murder them with Smart back.

I'm not worried at all - any team that shoots 50% from three has a pretty good chance of winning the game.

Actually, this was a real step forward for Kanter in terms of his role on this team.

Hard loss to take after getting done by Indy, and now walking into the Doncic buzzsaw. Hope Smart's back and has a huge game. Dude is probably licking his lips to match up with Doncic.

Totally agree that Tatum's ISO game is becoming a problem though..

TP...  we were also missing RWIII'''

« Reply #342 on: December 12, 2019, 10:57:23 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2015
As much as I hate Embiid and Philly, I'm more upset about the loss last night.  We looked like complete garbage the entire 4th quarter and there was very little reason to lose that game.

Tonight was a much tougher game, coming off a back to back and playing against a better team than the Pacers.  A win would have been nice but I didn't have strong expectations to come out on top.

« Reply #343 on: December 12, 2019, 10:58:07 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

I believe they are clearly better for the simple fact they have Embiid and the Celts have no answer for him. He can take over the game and there is nothing they can do. I also feel like Tatum is still way to inconsistent. Maybe more consistency will come as he gets older but he’s not someone you can count on night in and night out yet. Hayward is a nice player but you don’t fear him. He is way overpaid and shouldn’t be a max player. I would look to move him to be honest. He is expendable. So the Celts have again another undersized player in Walker who is their best player. This team reminds me of a few years ago. Nice team, will put your a good regular season record but they don’t match up well with Milwaukee or Philly.

« Reply #344 on: December 12, 2019, 10:58:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
craptastic game. 

Kemba, and the J's were awful on offense.  If Kanter hadn't had a huge offensive game off the bench, they'd have  been cooked.  the D just never got it together.  Allowed Sixers to hit way to many shots.  no reason Harris, Scott and Richardson to all have good shooting nights.  Harris looked like an all-star for crying out loud.