Author Topic: Celtics (9-7) at Hornets (7-8) Game #16 11/19/18  (Read 37243 times)

Re: Celtics (9-7) at Hornets (7-8) Game #16 11/19/18
« Reply #525 on: November 19, 2018, 09:26:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
well, nothing going in at the end. open shots, but missing.

tough loss, but tps to everyone to lessen the pain.  ;D

TP

« Reply #526 on: November 19, 2018, 09:27:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
When Brad pulled Kyrie in the 4th, that was game...

That and insisting on gimpy Hayward down the stretch instead of Brown when Brown actually showed some initiative and intensity today. There's like no logic or consistency with him.

When does Brad start getting murmurs about the hot seat? Seriously. NBA coaches are a dime a dozen. You don't get this type of stacked talent on one team all the time. If nice guy Brad isn't getting it done, we can't afford wasting this season with him not motivating players and making inexplicable rotation decisions costing us games. That's just asking Kyrie to leave next year.

People can think this is a hot take all they want, but it's unequivocally clear that the coaching staff has been a complete failure top to bottom this year, which is a major part of our struggles due to lack of preparation and inept in-game decision-making. Someone else can do the job if Brad can't, because it's looking more and more likely that Brad is more of a "maximizer" coach that can't actually manage this level of talent.

« Reply #527 on: November 19, 2018, 09:27:15 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Worst loss of the season?

Not by far. That’s a bit of an overreaction  ;D

We broke down at critical periods, that point in the 4th where the momentum started to swing and Kebba hit some insane shots

Utah x2 and Orlando were worse IMO
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #528 on: November 19, 2018, 09:28:05 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
I'm not that upset about this loss.  I've come to terms with the fact that this team just isn't very good right now.

I think we'll be a force come playoff time.  Nobody is going to want to play us, I'll tell you that.  But I could not envision looking worse than we have so far this season.

« Reply #529 on: November 19, 2018, 09:28:15 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Tell me I'm wrong but I remember us up like 8 and flying along and Brad pulled Kyrie. Is this not what happened?
We are a bad team with one good player right now.
If Kyrie is the best player on court we have a chance. So far in many games like today he was 2nd best.

« Reply #530 on: November 19, 2018, 09:28:32 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I admire the more patient of you...in my world, the house is on fire.

Why start Baynes and then let him play 7 minutes?

« Reply #531 on: November 19, 2018, 09:28:34 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Perspective everyone.

At least we're not the Wizards.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #532 on: November 19, 2018, 09:28:47 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That and insisting on gimpy Hayward down the stretch instead of Brown when Brown actually showed some initiative and intensity today. There's like no logic or consistency with him.

When does Brad start getting murmurs about the hot seat? Seriously. NBA coaches are a dime a dozen. You don't get this type of stacked talent on one team all the time. If nice guy Brad isn't getting it done, we can't afford wasting this season with him not motivating players and making inexplicable rotation decisions costing us games. That's just asking Kyrie to leave next year.

People can think this is a hot take all they want, but it's unequivocally clear that the coaching staff has been a complete failure top to bottom this year, which is a major part of our struggles due to lack of preparation and inept in-game decision-making.
I think that's a bit of an overreaction. We've overachieved and improved literally every season under Brad. Might want to wait more than a quarter of the season before we call for his job.

That being said, tonight he sucked majorly
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #533 on: November 19, 2018, 09:28:58 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

People can think this is a hot take all they want, but it's unequivocally clear that the coaching staff has been a complete failure top to bottom this year, which is a major part of our struggles due to lack of preparation and inept in-game decision-making. Someone else can do the job if Brad can't, because it's looking more and more likely that Brad is more of a "maximizer" coach that can't actually manage this level of talent.

You feel Brad should be replaced? With who? And a year after we were 1 game away from the finals and 2 years from making the ECF?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #534 on: November 19, 2018, 09:29:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

We broke down at critical periods, that point in the 4th where the momentum started to swing and Kebba hit some insane shots

Here's my overreaction/ hot take: Does Brad even watch these games?

« Reply #535 on: November 19, 2018, 09:29:16 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

Very much a winnable game - tossed away because the wrong guys were in their the final 6 minutes. Coach stubbornly sticks with Hayward who provided nothing helpful to the cause.   Crappy team defense.  It was pretty bad.

« Reply #536 on: November 19, 2018, 09:29:32 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I'm not that upset about this loss.  I've come to terms with the fact that this team just isn't very good right now.

I think we'll be a force come playoff time.  Nobody is going to want to play us, I'll tell you that.  But I could not envision looking worse than we have so far this season.
I like your confidence , not sure where it’s coming from.

« Reply #537 on: November 19, 2018, 09:30:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

this i agree with. hayward made some great passes, but brown would have been more effective.

as for coaching being a "complete failure" ha ha ha...this place wouldnt be CS without a post-loss overreaction.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #538 on: November 19, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

this i agree with. hayward made some great passes, but brown would have been more effective.

as for coaching being a "complete failure" ha ha ha...this place wouldnt be CS without a post-loss overreaction.  ;D

I know I am overreacting but that was brutal....

« Reply #539 on: November 19, 2018, 09:32:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

I like your confidence , not sure where it’s coming from.
it might come from the celtics not making 3 pointers at their career rates. hayward is still MIA on offense. with either of those problems are removed the celtics could very well be sitting at 12-4 right now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva