Author Topic: Raptors (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) Game #2 10/25/19  (Read 46568 times)

Re: Raptors (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) Game #2 10/25/19
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2019, 05:26:13 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Once everyone realizes we have no playoff hopes, we can start to enjoy our young players progress and hopefully get rid of guys like Semi and Wannamaker and focus on the future.

I think we make the playoffs but a lot can happen in terms of making noise in the playoffs.   We played with the Sixers for a half and I thought we played poorly that being said, we are the 3rd best or 4th best team in the East right now.

Go Celtics, contain Siakam and beat the Raptors.

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 07:31:55 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Tatum vs Siakam is one heck of a matchup

I hope Tatum defends Siakam. I think his size and length will make Tatum the most capable defensive option on Siakam. It'll be interesting to see. Jaylen's speed and agility vs Siakam or Tatum's size and length vs Siakam - which defensive weapon works better on Siakam?

I want Tatum to get more reps as a stopper on some of these guys (star players on other teams). His length is truly disruptive. Stevens hides Tatum too much. Tatum can play D. He doesn't need to be hidden as much as Stevens does it. Let him play D.

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 07:36:26 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Not a hater, but we just don't belong on the court with the better teams in the league.  Not enough talent!
I am the same way ... however, in no world is Toronto one of the better teams in the league.

The Raptors played against a bad New Orleans team and barely won that game despite Fred Van Fleet (middling backup PG) having a freak game (34pts, 12-18 FGMs, 5-7 from 3). That is how vulnerable they were - AGAINST NEW ORLEANS.

Toronto is an average team.

Boston is better than average. Not elite.

But a darn sight better than Toronto.

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 07:41:02 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
This game will get ugly fast.  Season will get ugly fast.  Once everyone realizes we have no playoff hopes, we can start to enjoy our young players progress and hopefully get rid of guys like Semi and Wannamaker and focus on the future.
Not a hater, but we just don't belong on the court with the better teams in the league.  Not enough talent!
Did you watch a different game to everyone else? We were in it right into the last quarter with one of the most talented teams in the league, and our best offensive player was a complete no-show, and we missed over a dozen free throws.

I really did not miss the boring overreactions that come around when we play one bad game.

I think this is how things are going to go for Philly. I expect them to be up and down throughout the year. To struggle to around 50 wins. For that inconsistency to be not only game-to-game but quarter-to-quarter. I like their defense but their offense is dysfunctional and it will drive that inconsistency. They will have a lot of bad losses over the course of the year.

I do like Philly's playoff chances though. More so than their regular season record. Because over a 7 game series, that physical size they have combined with their defensive talent makes them one heck of a mountain to overcome.

I expect them to be a much better playoff team than a regular season team.

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 08:47:01 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Without Kanter, this game going be ugly
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2019, 08:57:30 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I am the same way ... however, in no world is Toronto one of the better teams in the league.

The Raptors played against a bad New Orleans team and barely won that game despite Fred Van Fleet (middling backup PG) having a freak game (34pts, 12-18 FGMs, 5-7 from 3). That is how vulnerable they were - AGAINST NEW ORLEANS.

Toronto is an average team.

Boston is better than average. Not elite.

But a darn sight better than Toronto.
Do not slander Toronto's meme generator, this is a typical Fred Van Jordan game! :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2019, 09:31:07 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Guess I should have qualified my post as meaning not a playoff team capable of making any noise.  With as many bad teams as there are now I see us as a 6/8 seed, but that's no guarantee.

You are severely, severely over rating the teams in the Eastern conference if you think there are 5-7 that are better than us
I'm bitter.

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2019, 09:33:22 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I think nerves got Kemba opening night. He had lots of good looks they just didn't fall down. I'm expecting a big bounce back game from him.

Hoping to see better ball movement when things aren't going well offensively.

Crowd going to be good tonight!!
ok fine

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2019, 09:35:27 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton

Super slow Gasol have you nervous?
ok fine

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2019, 09:42:47 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
First time in years that I'm making it to opening night. I get to see for myself if the seats are as bad as everyone says.

Mike

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2019, 09:53:17 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Hopefully we can turn it around at home and not let our game thread board become we will be lucky to win 30 this year reactions! :)

Lets play some games first before we start writing our team off. We would need to have some serious injuries to our top 3 players for us to fall to the bottom of the pack in our Pathetic Conference. I do not remember a time when there have been so many bottom feeders but we do have plenty of them to win enough games to secure top 4 seeding.

As for last game, Brown was out most of the game due to the fouls and we hung tough with them for the first half. Not too mention we could not hit wide open FT's and our three point shooting resembled something out the exorcist.  I am not that worried right now losing one road game vs the Sixers in our first game. Lets wait for our team to gel a bit first with Kemba getting familiar with everyone.

If there is a God and they wear Green, let us win tonight to stop Titanic threads and Trade me Threads from spawning wild the next day!

Go Celtics!

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2019, 10:15:34 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
First time in years that I'm making it to opening night. I get to see for myself if the seats are as bad as everyone says.

Mike

Look forward to your review. I know the vibe is going to be awesome tonight. Have fun!
ok fine

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2019, 10:31:07 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Hopefully we can turn it around at home and not let our game thread board become we will be lucky to win 30 this year reactions! :)

Lets play some games first before we start writing our team off. We would need to have some serious injuries to our top 3 players for us to fall to the bottom of the pack in our Pathetic Conference. I do not remember a time when there have been so many bottom feeders but we do have plenty of them to win enough games to secure top 4 seeding.

As for last game, Brown was out most of the game due to the fouls and we hung tough with them for the first half. Not too mention we could not hit wide open FT's and our three point shooting resembled something out the exorcist.  I am not that worried right now losing one road game vs the Sixers in our first game. Lets wait for our team to gel a bit first with Kemba getting familiar with everyone.

If there is a God and they wear Green, let us win tonight to stop Titanic threads and Trade me Threads from spawning wild the next day!

Go Celtics!

A thread was made of Tatum losing his shine.

If Jayson Tatum plays well tonight then he will be doing a Rihanna, singing "shine bright like a diamond".

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2019, 10:53:11 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414

Super slow Gasol have you nervous?
Anyone over 6-9 got me nervous
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2019, 11:09:24 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Who has been activated tonight to take the last bench spot? Green or Waters?