Author Topic: Romeo Langford(merged threads)  (Read 92094 times)

Re: Romeo Langford(merged threads)
« Reply #645 on: February 08, 2020, 07:55:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
so for the heck of it i googled Romeo s wingspan

its 6 '11"  ....same as Tatum ! 

That lenght is useful

« Reply #646 on: February 08, 2020, 08:09:56 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767

That lenght is useful

Just so you know: that wingspan measurement for Tatum is from his junior year of high school. He hasn't done one since.

« Reply #647 on: February 08, 2020, 08:15:59 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

That lenght is useful

Just so you know: that wingspan measurement for Tatum is from his junior year of high school. He hasn't done one since.
Why and how does something like that happen???!!
And how do you know?

« Reply #648 on: February 08, 2020, 08:24:37 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767

That lenght is useful

And how do you know?

It happened at a Nike hoop summit. Pretty common with potential NBA players. There is no record of a wingspan measurement at anything his senior year of high school, freshman year at duke, or at the draft combine.

Looking at him, I'm pretty confident his wingspan in more like 7'3''

« Reply #649 on: February 08, 2020, 09:45:19 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

That lenght is useful

And how do you know?

It happened at a Nike hoop summit. Pretty common with potential NBA players. There is no record of a wingspan measurement at anything his senior year of high school, freshman year at duke, or at the draft combine.

Ya I doubt Tatum's wingspan has changed that much since the measurement, wingspan typically correlates with height so unless you believe he's grown 3-4 inches taller since that measurement its extremely unlikely he's added 4 inches to his wingspan although he does look longer than 6'11 for sure.

As for Langford hopefully this quiets some of the "This guy is a bust" talk that was going around. One of my pet peeves is when people make a declaration about a prospect based off half a season of observation, especially when a significant part of what was holding him was injury issue that prevented him from really jelling with the team early in the season. Its especially problematic when you consider how good this Celtics team is, I'm fairly certain Romeo would be getting regular minutes on the Hawks, Cavs, ect. Its just harder when the team is a 50 win team.

Based off the fact he seems to have some defensive potential and some skill in getting t the rim I'd say he has solid starter upside especially if he can shoot even like 35% from three. Gives a potential Hayward replacement long term, and scoring sixth man if he stays. He's only twenty years old.

Ringer draft guide has a good scouting report (hes at 15) if people wnat to get a read on what the word was on him coming out of the draft.

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

« Reply #650 on: February 09, 2020, 09:58:04 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
As long as we're all still gushing about Langford, I want to say I like how solid he looks. He doesn't look like he's going to get pushed around by anyone. The C's have a nice stable of tough guys on the bench right now.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #651 on: February 09, 2020, 10:00:26 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
As long as we're all still gushing about Langford, I want to say I like how solid he looks. He doesn't look like he's going to get pushed around by anyone. The C's have a nice stable of tough guys on the bench right now.
With all the Langford hate that was getting passed around, I think some good ole' gushing is more than fine.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #652 on: February 09, 2020, 10:32:25 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Next year he could be the bench scorer that we need. Edwards could hopefully that bench shooter that we also need.

« Reply #653 on: February 09, 2020, 11:01:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

That lenght is useful

And how do you know?

I would agree , just the visual would seem so !   

I think i saw Tacko WS is 8 ' 4". .....thats just insane .  If the dude grew feathers he could fly . :)

« Reply #654 on: February 09, 2020, 11:44:11 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

That lenght is useful

And how do you know?

I think i saw Tacko WS is 8 ' 4". .....thats just insane .  If the dude grew feathers he could fly . :)

If Tacko could fly I'd say he gets a spot on The Celtics bench easy....

« Reply #655 on: February 09, 2020, 12:46:44 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

That lenght is useful

And how do you know?

If Tacko could fly I'd say he gets a spot on The Celtics bench easy....

That might require some rule changes.
Yup

« Reply #656 on: February 09, 2020, 05:02:29 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

So impressive how clutch he was in the final minute of the Atlanta game. Perfect contest on Huerter, critical defensive rebound, then coolly sank both free throws on the take foul, icing the game.

His block% can’t be sustainable, but it isn’t a fluke, either; quick shoulders and quick off the floor, and above all, great feel on and off the ball.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #657 on: February 09, 2020, 06:14:41 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Langford needs to take a big step forward in his development if he wants to get big minutes against OKC and the rest of the top 12 teams in the league . Not his best defense today

« Reply #658 on: February 09, 2020, 06:18:02 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Langford needs to take a big step forward in his development if he wants to get big minutes against OKC and the rest of the top 12 teams in the league . Not his best defense today

He needs to learn not to jump on every pump fake. Its often the case with rookies who have good physical gifts. TA was especially notorious for it before.

Also got called for very bad calls. Esp that Gallinari one.

« Reply #659 on: February 09, 2020, 06:43:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He needs to learn not to jump on every pump fake. Its often the case with rookies who have good physical gifts. TA was especially notorious for it before.

Also got called for very bad calls. Esp that Gallinari one.
JB was a big offender of that too. He still bites on a lot. It’ll come.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)