Author Topic: Why do we have different threads for the Cavs and Warriors?  (Read 11603 times)

Re: Why do we have different threads for the Cavs and Warriors?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 11:39:42 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Might as well give the Raptors a thread of their own.

Feel free to. We have an entire forum to discuss the NBA, and if you find Toronto to be worthy of individual discussion, let your Raptors flag fly.

Having two or three threads prevents discussion between all members of the forum. not everyone will check each thread every day. no one's gonna look for these team specific threads either.

I don't understand this argument. By this logic, CelticsBlog would be better if it was one never-ending thread. Why not scrap the forum, and turn it into a one-shop Reddit thread?

Individual threads make discussion easier to find, not harder.

But the 2 or 3 threads are about the SAME THING! A forum obviously should be divided into subforums and smaller groups. But that's for clearly different topics. Like, college basketball, and then Celtics talk. Trade rumors, and the nets pick. Off topic threads, and game threads. They're different topics. They're not related. Different threads are needed. This? This is just 3 threads about the same topic: the rest of the NBA.

And secondly, that sounds kinda hypocritical for you to tell me to have a raptors thread if I want, but you also go ahead and delete my comments in the NBA thread and the cavs/warriors threads because I find it worth of discussion to talk about whether we really need those threads.

My guess is that this talk was derailing those threads (posting rules do allow us to get threads back on topic) and the "comments & remarks" section is clearly made for situations like this.   I didn't move those comments but the reasoning is sound for why they would be removed from those threads. 

I really don't understand the agitation for something like this.  There are literally thousands of threads on Celticsblog divided among the separate forums.   Two threads happen to be about teams different from the Celtics that also happen to be in the "Around the NBA" forum.  What makes them any different than threads discussing Lebron James or Westbrook & OKC?

My point basically is, that the cavs and warriors threads aren't even gonna be active every single night. Maybe we get a few posts in them after every game. I just think that, when we're discussing what is essentially 1 main topic (the rest of the NBA teams this season), it helps to have discussion in 1 thread. Especially when those other two teams aren't nearly as important to us as a team like the Nets (for obvious reasons). Otherwise we don't get discussion that is as purposeful.

It's like having a basketball team, and out of the 15 members, 11 of them are discussing a gameplan against an opponent team together, and the other 4 are discussing the gameplan for a specific player on that team, by themselves. The 11 don't always get to hear what the 4 have to say. And the 4 don't always get to hear what the 11 have to say.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 11:43:16 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Yeah I made a thread about it, because when I try to voice my opinion in the cavs thread or the NBA thread my comments get removed. It's not funny at all.
But please, feel free to keep laughing.

It actually is, and thank you.  Just don't go in the threads.  What anyone else does when they don't care about a thread or agree with it.  Not make another thread or post in it 8 times about how you disagree with the existence of that thread or make an entire different thread about the existence of that thread.

Case closed.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 11:44:22 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I can respect it if other people don't view it the same way as me (although I have already seen 3-4 posters say they do) If I went to a Knicks forum and they had a thread devoted to just the Celtics and a team they owned the draft pick of I would think it was kind of ridiculous and made them look a pretty silly fan base.

I also agree the problem is fairly self correcting and will kind of Peter out on its own because the cavs are not some amazing dynasty team that people will want to talk about all season.

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 11:45:38 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Might as well give the Raptors a thread of their own.

Feel free to. We have an entire forum to discuss the NBA, and if you find Toronto to be worthy of individual discussion, let your Raptors flag fly.

Having two or three threads prevents discussion between all members of the forum. not everyone will check each thread every day. no one's gonna look for these team specific threads either.

I don't understand this argument. By this logic, CelticsBlog would be better if it was one never-ending thread. Why not scrap the forum, and turn it into a one-shop Reddit thread?

Individual threads make discussion easier to find, not harder.

But the 2 or 3 threads are about the SAME THING! A forum obviously should be divided into subforums and smaller groups. But that's for clearly different topics. Like, college basketball, and then Celtics talk. Trade rumors, and the nets pick. Off topic threads, and game threads. They're different topics. They're not related. Different threads are needed. This? This is just 3 threads about the same topic: the rest of the NBA.

And secondly, that sounds kinda hypocritical for you to tell me to have a raptors thread if I want, but you also go ahead and delete my comments in the NBA thread and the cavs/warriors threads because I find it worth of discussion to talk about whether we really need those threads.

My guess is that this talk was derailing those threads (posting rules do allow us to get threads back on topic) and the "comments & remarks" section is clearly made for situations like this.   I didn't move those comments but the reasoning is sound for why they would be removed from those threads. 

I really don't understand the agitation for something like this.  There are literally thousands of threads on Celticsblog divided among the separate forums.   Two threads happen to be about teams different from the Celtics that also happen to be in the "Around the NBA" forum.  What makes them any different than threads discussing Lebron James or Westbrook & OKC?

My point basically is, that the cavs and warriors threads aren't even gonna be active every single night. Maybe we get a few posts in them after every game. I just think that, when we're discussing what is essentially 1 main topic (the rest of the NBA teams this season), it helps to have discussion in 1 thread. Especially when those other two teams aren't nearly as important to us as a team like the Nets (for obvious reasons). Otherwise we don't get discussion that is as purposeful.

It's like having a basketball team, and out of the 15 members, 11 of them are discussing a gameplan against an opponent team together, and the other 4 are discussing the gameplan for a specific player on that team, by themselves. The 11 don't always get to hear what the 4 have to say. And the 4 don't always get to hear what the 11 have to say.

I disagree.   The NBA has so many different storylines & sub topics, that one thread isn't going to convey everything and things get lost in the shuffle when you have 80-100 page threads or whatever the season ones turn out to be.   People bounce around between topics anyways and I've never seen much of an issue with stuff being posted in & outside the season thread in forums. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 11:50:58 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
I don't know, this is how I feel. Sounds like more people don't really have a preference. I appreciate the discussion though. That's all I really wanted. Evidently some people agree and some don't. But thanks for the good discussion.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 11:52:15 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Yeah I made a thread about it, because when I try to voice my opinion in the cavs thread or the NBA thread my comments get removed. It's not funny at all.

It actually is, and thank you.  Just don't go in the threads.  What anyone else does when they don't care about a thread or agree with it.  Not make another thread or post in it 8 times about how you disagree with the existence of that thread or make an entire different thread about the existence of that thread.

Case closed.

This is my last post on this thread.

But, in that case, why don't you apply your own advice to yourself? You don't agree? Dont go into the thread. Don't post. Don't reply to a post. Don't disagree with the existence of this thread.

Case closed.

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 12:31:33 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
We need a Knicks thread.

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 12:34:22 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Case closed.

This is my last post on this thread.

But, in that case, why don't you apply your own advice to yourself? You don't agree? Dont go into the thread. Don't post. Don't reply to a post. Don't disagree with the existence of this thread.

Case closed.

Theres a difference. You dont like the Cavs thread, dont read. Thing is, even if we disagree with your point, I dont dislike reading this thread.

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 01:11:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
It is kind of telling that this thread is already longer than the Cavs season long thread. It is easy to mock people for expressing opinions so a bit disappointed for the people that chose to do that in this thread.