Author Topic: McGrady to Lakers As Role Player?  (Read 2496 times)

McGrady to Lakers As Role Player?
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/409052-nba-free-agency-tracy-mcgrady-strongly-interested-in-lakers

This type of bandwagon hopping (similar to Artest) would be great for them, and terrible for the rest of the NBA teams.

I sure hope and pray that we can reel in some talented, inexpensive free agents who can add the offense and rebounding that we were lacking at the end. Fingers crossed for a fruitful draft first and foremost.

Re: McGrady to Lakers As Role Player?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:38:01 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
LA will always have a location advantage, but in this case I'm not sure it matters. McGrady was looked at as an MLE player heading into this offseason anyway. The guy hasn't proven anything since coming back from his injury and personally, I think there are better options out there for both the C's and the Lakers.

The Lakers need a PG.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 06:45:22 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Bandwagoners are one of the many perks of being champs.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Once they get him. There is no more competition in the NBA. If there is one thing I envy so much against the hated Fakers over us, it is there knack of getting the best of a talented player and incorporate it in their system. Farmar, Shandon Brown, Vujacic, etc are just your average players but their talent and skills are brought out and highlighted in some important plays. Worse, they even get away posterizing our talented bunch. Now, if TMac will be with them it will be another Ron Harper-like performance for Phil. And TMac will surely be much better than Ron Harper's performance once he keeps himself out of injury all season long.

There will be no more competition. Stern and his favorite, LAL, know that Boston has upped their efforts to go after championships when Danny acquired KG and Ray. Now, it his fave team that is in the mode of "buying expedition".

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:48:52 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Everyone relax, this isn't your Uncles T-mac. He's slow motion out there and couldn't put up numbers or play consistantly under D'Antoni!

The Lakers will stay away.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:52:48 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Everyone relax, this isn't your Uncles T-mac. He's slow motion out there and couldn't put up numbers or play consistantly under D'Antoni!

This is exactly the kind of guy I want the Lakers to sign.

Totally cooked.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 06:58:44 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
LA will always have a location advantage, but in this case I'm not sure it matters. McGrady was looked at as an MLE player heading into this offseason anyway. The guy hasn't proven anything since coming back from his injury and personally, I think there are better options out there for both the C's and the Lakers.

The Lakers need a PG.

They will utilize his talent the right way and maximize it. He was a franchise player many times over and a lot keep on telling that he has not proven anything. He is pure talent, a tall SG and a potentially tall PG out there once he slips into that purple and gold uniform. At this point of his career, his juice doesnt mean making him play the way he did when he was his team's leader. Before we forget, he was scoring champ for 2 seasons and there is no question about his talent and skills. In LA, he will be a tremendous contributor, a role reliable player that's is why I really wanted him to get to us since last year's offseason. Who will guard him if takes over Fisher's role? A back PG, SG or SF, he will perfectly fit well with them and an opposing team with Lebron and Wade in it won't even stand a chance against LAL.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

This is exactly the kind of guy I want the Lakers to sign.

Totally cooked.
Agreed -- McGrady is a major downgrade from Sasha Vujacic and Luke Walton. He would make the Lakers significantly weaker.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 07:09:30 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Not to derail the thread completely, but:

Assuming Chris Bosh says he wants out of Toronto, who says no?

Toronto signs and trades Chris Bosh with Jose Calderon
LA Lakers trade Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vujacic (expiring), Luke Walton, cash, and 2012 1st rounder
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 07:19:19 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Not to derail the thread completely, but:

Assuming Chris Bosh says he wants out of Toronto, who says no?

Toronto signs and trades Chris Bosh with Jose Calderon
LA Lakers trade Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vujacic (expiring), Luke Walton, cash, and 2012 1st rounder

I thought this before the Bynum knee issues anyway. Toronto might say no and explore elsewhere.