Author Topic: Logical Gasol and Conely destinations (idea)  (Read 3066 times)

Logical Gasol and Conely destinations (idea)
« on: January 23, 2019, 01:22:03 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Its been a while since I have posted. Just throwing out my 2 cents on the recent Memphis rumors

Gasol,  should end up on the Hornets. They seem like a team that wants to be relevant and keep Kemba.

Trade idea

Hornets get           Gasol
     Memphis gets        Monk,  Biyombo and a top ten protected 2019 1st

Conely, why not send him to Detriot. They are locked into Drummond and Blake so why not take on Conely.

Trade idea

Detriot gets        Conely and Casspi
     Memphis gets     Jackson, Johnson, Leuer, and lotto protected 1st

If some iteration of these trades where to occur it would all but assure the Grizz a top 8 pick this year. Keeping the pick away from the Cs. With some luck they would then be able to add Zion, Barrett, Morant or Reddish as foundation pieces next to Jackson. These trades would also leave the Grizz with a surplus of expiring contracts next season and flexibility the following off-season.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 01:33:10 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Logical Gasol and Conely destinations (idea)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 02:07:08 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I like the idea for The Pistons.  For the Hornets I thought they were happy with Zeller at center (not healthy now).

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 02:30:11 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
detroit makes sense for Conley, Casey would love him.

Gasol, I can see him going to Lakers or darkhourse - Toronto.

Toronto knows Kawhi is leaving, only chance to keep him is to win a chip, they just might think that Gasol is that third start.

Jonas Valanciunis, OG Onanuby, Miles for Gasol.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 02:50:14 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Thank god we all are not managers... why trade for a 34 year old giving up first rounders? If that is the case for horford we should ger 2 lottery picks and a stud... not happening

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 03:42:37 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Thank god we all are not managers... why trade for a 34 year old giving up first rounders? If that is the case for horford we should ger 2 lottery picks and a stud... not happening
Gasol is better than Horford (or at least equivalent level of players).  He is paid less.  He should bring more back in a trade.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 03:59:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Gasol >Horford

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 04:01:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
detroit makes sense for Conley, Casey would love him.

Gasol, I can see him going to Lakers or darkhourse - Toronto.

Toronto knows Kawhi is leaving, only chance to keep him is to win a chip, they just might think that Gasol is that third start.

Jonas Valanciunis, OG Onanuby, Miles for Gasol.

I think your right Boogie or Gasol become Lakers ,  and they want AD or Leonard as the second star beside Whiner .

I d rather LA get Boogie than Gasol

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 04:31:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Gasol has really looked cooked the last few months. He is averaging 12 points, 8 and 5 this month while shooting 40% from the field, 25% from 3. Last month he was also awful averaging 13,7 5, 39%, 30%. Now there is a chance he has not recovered from an ankle injury he had earlier in the season, but that is a scary two month period for a 34 year old that you could pay 25 million to next year. His defense has also really slipped the last few months I have read. I feel like people need to pay attention to this kind of slump for a guy this old when throwing around trade ideas (not saying this specifically to OP, just in general, his value probably is not at high as some think).

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 04:36:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Gasol has really looked cooked the last few months. He is averaging 12 points, 8 and 5 this month while shooting 40% from the field, 25% from 3. Last month he was also awful averaging 13,7 5, 39%, 30%. Now there is a chance he has not recovered from an ankle injury he had earlier in the season, but that is a scary two month period for a 34 year old that you could pay 25 million to next year. His defense has also really slipped the last few months I have read. I feel like people need to pay attention to this kind of slump for a guy this old when throwing around trade ideas (not saying this specifically to OP, just in general, his value probably is not at high as some think).
A bit of that has been altered by playing less minutes in blow outs though. Like 25 minutes against SAS, Houston and Milwaukee, as well as below 30 minutes against New Orleans and Detroit, all of which are well below his season averages of 34MPG
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 04:53:28 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
A bit of that has been altered by playing less minutes in blow outs though. Like 25 minutes against SAS, Houston and Milwaukee, as well as below 30 minutes against New Orleans and Detroit, all of which are well below his season averages of 34MPG

That is really not true at. He averaged 33 minutes a game last month and I gave the numbers for that (which were awful). It is a little lower at 31 this month, but 32 average for the two months is really his average. The shooting 39% from the field is a lot more important than playing maybe 60-90 seconds less per game. He has been awful (by his career standards) and it has nothing to do with minutes.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 05:13:43 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That is really not true at. He averaged 33 minutes a game last month and I gave the numbers for that (which were awful). It is a little lower at 31 this month, but 32 average for the two months is really his average. The shooting 39% from the field is a lot more important than playing maybe 60-90 seconds less per game. He has been awful (by his career standards) and it has nothing to do with minutes.
Do you not think his recently announced back issue, lesser minutes and worse shooting are all inherently related? I think they’re all pretty clearly related
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 05:45:30 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Do you not think his recently announced back issue, lesser minutes and worse shooting are all inherently related? I think they’re all pretty clearly related
So now he is 34 and has a back issue and the 25M player option.  I really want to trade for that.   ;D

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 05:52:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

If his back has been bothering him for a few months, then yea, absolutely that could explain his drop in production. However, I haven't really heard that at all, and I am also not sure if he is really injured or this is just a tanking/hold out for trade phantom injury.

As for your minutes thing, you just got to let that go, that is just not what happened and completely irrelevant. Lets throw out this entire month for fun. Last month when he averaged 33.2 minutes per game he averaged 13 points, 7 rebounds and shot 39% from the field and 30% from the 3. He was just flat out bad (which bad defense to boot).

By comparison over the course of entire last year he averaged 17 points, 8 rebounds and shot 42%, 35% with much better defense in the exact same 33 minutes per game. Two years ago he was at 19.5, 6.5 on 46%,39% in 34 minutes. He is clearly declining and it doesn't have anything to do with a few minutes less a game cause of a blowout loss or two.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 06:40:09 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I think Conley is the far more intriguing piece of the two.  I've heard people float the idea of Indiana, Detroit, and San Antonio for him, all seem like interesting fits.

But confused trying to trade Conley to the Pacers.  ESPN trade machine tells me Conley ($30.5m) for Evans, Joseph, and O'Quinn ($24.8m) passes.  But Evans, Collison, O'Quinn ($26.8m) fails.  Also Evans, Collison, Joseph ($30.3m) fails.  For the trades I've messed around with, it seems like Collison and his $10m salary is the common denominator for fails, even though aggregate salaries are close.  Tradenba.com is giving me the same results.  What salary cap rule am I missing here?  The fail explanation they give ain't cutting it for me.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 02:00:53 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
What about Charlotte:

Marc Gasol, Garrett Temple (expiring), JaMychal Green (expiring), Omri Casspi (expiring) for Nicolas Batum, Bismack Biyombo, Malik Monk, Willy Hernangomez + '19 Hornets 1st rounder?

Why: Gasol is the star to keep Walker. Temple, Green and Casspi are useful role players in the playoffs. And with trading Batum and Biyombo the Hornets clear a ton of salary.

How about Conley to New York:

Mike Conley, Shelvin Mack (expiring) for Tim Hardaway Jr, Lance Thomas, Frank Ntilikina + '20 and '21 Hornets 2nd rounders?

Why: Conley solves the PG situation for the Knicks and they become a more attractive free agent destination, while getting Hardaway and Thomas of the books.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the Grizzlies can immediately build around Ntilikina, Carter, Monk, Hardaway Jr, Brooks, Anderson, Rabb, Jackson Jr, Hernangomez + '19 Grizzlies 1st + '19 Hornets 1st. That doesn't look too bad. Batum and Biyombo are useful professional vets as well.