Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 204833 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #360 on: November 03, 2018, 09:44:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Dallas getting blown out.  At home.  To the Knicks.  Not a good look for a team that many thought was going to be a decent team.

Ehh knicks have been playing hard as of late.
the high school team down the street plays hard also. It doesn't mean they are any good

The knicks aren’t good, but they’re far from the worst team in the NBA.
They have lots of length and athleticism, some good offensive weapons (I'm a huge Hardaway Jr. fan, and don't think his contract was an overpay) and a good coach in Fizdale IMO. Will be interesting to see them with Kristaps
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #361 on: November 03, 2018, 10:14:55 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Dallas getting blown out.  At home.  To the Knicks.  Not a good look for a team that many thought was going to be a decent team.

the high school team down the street plays hard also. It doesn't mean they are any good

They have lots of length and athleticism, some good offensive weapons (I'm a huge Hardaway Jr. fan, and don't think his contract was an overpay) and a good coach in Fizdale IMO. Will be interesting to see them with Kristaps

Hathaway is a solid early candidate for most improved.  I mean he was good last year, but this is a major step up.
Yup

« Reply #362 on: November 03, 2018, 10:47:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Hathaway is a solid early candidate for most improved.  I mean he was good last year, but this is a major step up.
Yeah, he’s really been good so far this year. Hope he can maintain it, even if it’s for the Knicks. Love his attitude as well. Apparently went to Fizdale in the preseason asking how he could become a number 1 option
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #363 on: November 03, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
The Wizards are an awful basketball team.

I just returned from the game tonight against Oke City.  The team is an embarrassment to the City.  They need to get rid of Wall...$40 million a year, yikes!

Ugh. Stinks you paid for that game. I ended up turning it off at the start of the 3rd. They play like they don't care about winning as a team - you can literally see the different agendas. Kelly Oubre in particular is playing some of the most selfish ball of his career.

Idk how tradeable Wall is though. Not with that contract. But they need to do something. That locker room needs a shake up in the worst way.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #364 on: November 03, 2018, 02:07:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
that was pathetic showing on TNT i think , by wizard.  Lakers fans are already calling for Magic to sign Bradley Beal after last nigts awful effort.  Beal would make a huge diff for Lrbron.  Yong legs that can score in bunches and defend.  That game with OKC was one of the worst games I viewed by anybody in a long time

« Reply #365 on: November 03, 2018, 02:33:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I just returned from the game tonight against Oke City.  The team is an embarrassment to the City.  They need to get rid of Wall...$40 million a year, yikes!

Ugh. Stinks you paid for that game. I ended up turning it off at the start of the 3rd. They play like they don't care about winning as a team - you can literally see the different agendas. Kelly Oubre in particular is playing some of the most selfish ball of his career.

Idk how tradeable Wall is though. Not with that contract. But they need to do something. That locker room needs a shake up in the worst way.
Can it be a coincidence that they introduce Dwight Howard into that locker room and Washington is playing like they just don't care? I don't think so.

« Reply #366 on: November 03, 2018, 02:40:34 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Geez. Joel Embiid with 32 points in the first half. 8/9 from the floor and 15/17 from the line. He also had 8 rebounds and 2 blocks. Sixers are up by 19 playing against the Pistons. Andre Drummond played 5 minutes and has 3 fouls.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #367 on: November 03, 2018, 03:06:25 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Embiid is taking (and eating) Drummond's lunch once again.

It is one thing to talk smack - then ANOTHER to back it up.

Joel Embiid is a GROWN MAN...too bad BOS is standing in his way for the next few years.

« Reply #368 on: November 03, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Can it be a coincidence that they introduce Dwight Howard into that locker room and Washington is playing like they just don't care? I don't think so.

This is one time where I think Dwight won't be at fault. They've had issues for years with that group. It's just coming to a head now. I think they do care - but about the wrong things. Washington didn't offer Oubre an extension, now he's shooting the ball every time he touches it no matter who else is open. There's whispers that Wall and Beal aren't happy with Porter and they've barely gotten him involved on the offense. They don't talk at all on defense. Its clear they don't like each other. I'm sure that happens in every locker room, but they've let it seep into their on court play.

I think they made a mistake extending Wall. They should've traded him. He's talented, but he seems to at the core of the personnel issues and it's been that way since Beal signed his extension. When he doesn't have the ball in his hands, he goes into the corner and pouts. I believe it was Bill Simmons who said he has ZERO points scored off of cuts all of last season. For a guy with his speed, athleticism, and finishing ability, it's unacceptable.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #369 on: November 03, 2018, 04:14:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

This is one time where I think Dwight won't be at fault. They've had issues for years with that group. It's just coming to a head now. I think they do care - but about the wrong things. Washington didn't offer Oubre an extension, now he's shooting the ball every time he touches it no matter who else is open. There's whispers that Wall and Beal aren't happy with Porter and they've barely gotten him involved on the offense. They don't talk at all on defense. Its clear they don't like each other. I'm sure that happens in every locker room, but they've let it seep into their on court play.

I think they made a mistake extending Wall. They should've traded him. He's talented, but he seems to at the core of the personnel issues and it's been that way since Beal signed his extension. When he doesn't have the ball in his hands, he goes into the corner and pouts. I believe it was Bill Simmons who said he has ZERO points scored off of cuts all of last season. For a guy with his speed, athleticism, and finishing ability, it's unacceptable.
Yeah, you're right. The bad contracts to Beal, Porter and Wall were bad moves(just don't think any are worth what they signed for). I think Beal and Wall's relationship has been bad for years. I think Wall might be the most selfish player in the league.

And I think Howard was the worst possible addition to the dysfunctionality of the team. He has to be making the situation worse. He might just be the straw that broke the camel's back. This team has horrid chemistry and a ton of selfish players. About the only player I would want on a team I ran is Beal. But not at close to $30 million a year. He ain't worth that.

« Reply #370 on: November 03, 2018, 04:21:46 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Otto Porter's value is dropping by the day. Wonder if a team like Minnesota would even want him in a theoretical Butler trade. Could be an albatross going forward.

What a fiasco.

« Reply #371 on: November 03, 2018, 08:23:11 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Whiteside is 1 of 2 from 3 tonight, didn’t notice he started shooting threes :o

« Reply #372 on: November 03, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Embiid clowing Drummond, again LOL

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25168789/joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers-my-way-build-more-real-estate-detroit-pistons-center-andre-drummond-head

I wouldn't feel so bad for Dre if he hadn't joked about Joel's health when this all started. Now, Joel seems committed to embarrassing him.

At this rate, Joel's nickname will be "City."

« Reply #373 on: November 03, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yeah, you're right. The bad contracts to Beal, Porter and Wall were bad moves(just don't think any are worth what they signed for). I think Beal and Wall's relationship has been bad for years. I think Wall might be the most selfish player in the league.

And I think Howard was the worst possible addition to the dysfunctionality of the team. He has to be making the situation worse. He might just be the straw that broke the camel's back. This team has horrid chemistry and a ton of selfish players. About the only player I would want on a team I ran is Beal. But not at close to $30 million a year. He ain't worth that.
Beal and Porter's contracts are fine, they just aren't a good fit with Wall.  If they could somehow move Wall, even at like 50 cents on the dollar, I think it would do wonders for them. 

The question is, who would trade for Wall and what would that trade look like.  I mean would the Clippers trade Gallinari for him.  Gallinari and Beverly for Wall and Oubre.  That seems like a trade both those teams might do.  Wizards would be interesting with Beverly, Beal, Porter, Gallinari, and Dwight, while the Clippers get a legit star in Wall and a nice up and comer in Oubre to pair with Harris, Gortat, Bradley, Williams, Boban, Teo, etc. 

Would a team like the Knicks be interested in getting a legit star to pair with the Zinger.  I mean Lee and Ntilikina works salary wise (and drops like 3 million from the Wiz).  Certainly not good value for the Wizards, but at least get a solid PG prospect and a quality vet for their bench.  Maybe you can get a protected 1st from the Knicks in the trade. 

At the end of the day, they have to do something and trying to find anyone to take Wall makes the most sense. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #374 on: November 04, 2018, 08:11:34 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
7 points and 16 assists - what a strange stat line for a center.

That is the sort of thing you expect from a guy like Rondo. Not a center like Jokic.

What an awesome & unusual player Jokic is.