Author Topic: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread  (Read 201374 times)

Re: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2019, 08:27:51 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
AL to sixers?

« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2019, 08:28:59 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
Also saw somewhere that Charlotte was interested in Rozier if they lose Kemba. Can’t find the source though.

Then we should work out a trade based on Rozier for Kemba.

Charlotte would have to, since they don’t have the cap space to sign Rozier if Kemba leaves.  Most they could give him is the MLE, which he should exceed despite the protestations of many on these forums.

Yeah if Kemba decides to go with the C's, it makes a lot of sense for Charlotte to get an asset back, and someone that has experience as at least a part time starter

« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2019, 08:30:35 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
AL to sixers?

Man I hope not.  I think that would make them way better.  Al as the secondary facilitator, other than Simmons, would be huge for them.  Someone would have to go out and guard Al at the 3 point line, and then Embiid would feast inside.

« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2019, 08:30:53 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
AL to sixers?

Doesn’t make any sense. Al is still a versatile defender but he is definitely slowing down towards being a straight 5. Embiid obviously can’t play power forward either. Not to mention this would mean butler is gone, so their three best players would not be great crunch time scorers (Simmons, embiid and Horford). 76ers need a really good backup for embiid that can start 20 games and not kill them.

« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2019, 08:34:41 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
AL to sixers?

Doesn’t make any sense. Al is still a versatile defender but he is definitely slowing down towards being a straight 5. Embiid obviously can’t play power forward either. Not to mention this would mean butler is gone, so their three best players would not be great crunch time scorers (Simmons, embiid and Horford). 76ers need a really good backup for embiid that can start 20 games and not kill them.

I actually thought Al was pretty good for us in crunch time in the last couple years, especially the playoffs.  Stats might not support it, I have no idea.  But Al seemed to have a knack for the big bucket when he was with us.

I just feel like his 3 point shooting lessens the traffic around Embiid inside, and it might be worth it for that alone.  I was assuming that Al would play the 4 if he was traded to the sixers

« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2019, 08:41:30 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Per woj.  Houston trying to unload capella, pj tucker, Gordon individually to free up cap space for butler.  Lookin for first round draft picks in return.

« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2019, 08:42:40 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
AL to sixers?

I actually thought Al was pretty good for us in crunch time in the last couple years, especially the playoffs.  Stats might not support it, I have no idea.  But Al seemed to have a knack for the big bucket when he was with us.

I just feel like his 3 point shooting lessens the traffic around Embiid inside, and it might be worth it for that alone.  I was assuming that Al would play the 4 if he was traded to the sixers

I love al, and think he is awesome, I just think it would be a bit unfair to ask him to be guarding 4’s when he is 34 and 35. He is definitely a bit slower than he was two years ago and that is only going to continue. In Dallas I could at least see them playing porzingas at the 4 and letting al take the 5. 

« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2019, 08:46:52 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Per woj.  Houston trying to unload capella, pj tucker, Gordon individually to free up cap space for butler.  Lookin for first round draft picks in return.
If we strike out on Kemba I would give them the Milwaukee pick for Capella.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2019, 09:06:53 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

If we can, I'd love to pry Eric Gordon away from Houston if they are trying to clear some cap space.

Maybe we sign a front court player to a modest deal, then trade for Gordon.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2019, 11:18:50 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Hearing that the chatter is heating up on Durant joining Irving in Brooklyn. I was listening to a podcast so don't know the exact sources besides Perkins.

« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2019, 11:20:01 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Knicks considering Cousins as plan b:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254474/Knicks-Considering-Major-One-Year-Offer-To-DeMarcus-Cousins-As-Plan-B

Man that is a far cry from Durant and Irving.

« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2019, 11:23:22 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254474/Knicks-Considering-Major-One-Year-Offer-To-DeMarcus-Cousins-As-Plan-B

Don't they reportedly have interest in Rozier, too? Haha, just a month ago they thought they were getting Irving and a healthy Durant. Now they are hoping for Cousins and Rozier - yikes! Guess it goes to show that the Miami Heat plan, circa 2010, doesn't always work. Players may actually prefer a stable organization (see Kemba; Celtics...hopefully)

« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2019, 11:24:25 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Don't they reportedly have interest in Rozier, too? Haha, just a month ago they thought they were getting Irving and a healthy Durant. Now they are hoping for Cousins and Rozier - yikes! Guess it goes to show that the Miami Heat plan, circa 2010, doesn't always work. Players may actually prefer a stable organization (see Kemba; Celtics...hopefully)
Don't forget Zion was a lock for them too ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2019, 11:28:06 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

yea the dream was irving, davis and zion. Rozier, Randle and Cousins

« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2019, 11:31:08 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

yea the dream was irving, davis and zion. Rozier, Randle and Cousins
Poor Randle
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)