Author Topic: Yahoo Sports rumor: SAC offered IT, McLemore, 2 picks for Rondo  (Read 27829 times)

Re: Yahoo Sports rumor: SAC offered IT, McLemore, 2 picks for Rondo
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2014, 07:43:45 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
What topic? That Brad Stevens isn't ML Carr?

Is there going to be more breaking news at 11?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2014, 07:44:51 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Danny is lost imo

We all read that he went to watch parker a few weeks ago. And he is not going to trade Rondo unless he gets overpaid. 

Why is he teasing himself then visiting Parker when he will have little to no chance to draft him?

If he wants to try to get him, he needs to clear the roster and thats includes Green, Rondo etc.. If he wants to go to the playoffs, he should concentrate on adding some more players.   He is stuck in the grey area

Yep and everyone here loves it! They fail to see the big picture that Rondo being traded would be the best thing for the long term health of the franchise

That depends on what's coming back Boston's way. Trading Rondo for the sake of cratering out this season would be folly.

Uh oh, don't get cb8883 started...
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
The kings gm stated there has been no trade talks involving BM.

How do these guys make up these rumors?

I guess the only reliable guy out there is woj and the only team that wants rondo are the knicks

Why are journalists the only ones who are capable of submitting falsehoods to the general public?

what? you go off topic alot.

Stay in school.

I'll rephrase: Do you think it's possible that the King's GM might have lied when he said he hadn't talked to anyone about McLemore?

Learn how to communicate.

And no, GM's don't have time for that crap.  Someone is making it up.  If a GM made it up, its also bad morale for his players that are involved in the rumor

I'd say that most of the sources for the rumors aren't GMs but lesser people in the organization or even people who have relationships with team officials.

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2014, 07:48:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Off that remaining schedule we'll be lucky to win 6-7 games the rest of the season, if we get got 10 more. If we make a trade maybe 3-4.

You could be right. But look at Aprils schedule. We could win all 9 games and just make 8th place

« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2014, 07:51:25 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Danny is lost imo

We all read that he went to watch parker a few weeks ago. And he is not going to trade Rondo unless he gets overpaid. 

Why is he teasing himself then visiting Parker when he will have little to no chance to draft him?

If he wants to try to get him, he needs to clear the roster and thats includes Green, Rondo etc.. If he wants to go to the playoffs, he should concentrate on adding some more players.   He is stuck in the grey area

Yep and everyone here loves it! They fail to see the big picture that Rondo being traded would be the best thing for the long term health of the franchise

I don't know if I've ever seen a poster with tunnel vision like yours, yet you're claiming that others don't see the big picture. Wow.

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2014, 07:53:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Danny is lost imo

I disagree with every statement in this post. I can't believe the conclusions you've jumped to regarding Ainge based off of trade rumors, many of which are likely completely made up.

We are probably  going to get crushed in March, and have a decent shot at getting Parker.

According to Bballtim, when Rondo gets healthy soon, we are going to start winning.   We are what, only 3 games away from 8th place.

The good news? I can post less and still maintain my visibility because so many people are wont to post for me.

The bad news? The comments they generally attribute to me.

« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2014, 08:06:28 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The best in the business of armchair GMs. All these insiders have access to Ainge's motivations and intentions, they know what's best for the team more than Ainge.

Some of them said we'll package Wallace with Rondo and dump both, others said we'll trade Craw to tank, some offered Bradley, some moved Rondo before he could dart off into free agency, some said Lee would be moved, some said Bass would be dumped for pennies, yet some more have said Rondo would be traded, then some have again made the ominous prediction that Ainge will make moves to tank.

And sure enough, we've moved Lee and Crawford. All signs point to tank for Jabari.

Thank God. The internet: collectively saving Ainge's incompetent ass since [whenever].

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2014, 08:23:43 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Danny is lost imo

I disagree with every statement in this post. I can't believe the conclusions you've jumped to regarding Ainge based off of trade rumors, many of which are likely completely made up.

We are probably  going to get crushed in March, and have a decent shot at getting Parker.

According to Bballtim, when Rondo gets healthy soon, we are going to start winning.   We are what, only 3 games away from 8th place.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/schedule

March is just brutal. We'll know better Thursday of course, but I'm banking on a trade that hurts the team short term and torpedo's the season, more so.

how is that brutal??

we play the bulls and raptors 4 times.  knicks, suns and nets twice. It won't be easy, but we could win all of these games.

Chicago's won 15 of their last 22, Toronto's won 19 of their last 29. It's pretty unlikely we'll win all those games.

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Danny is lost imo

March is just brutal. We'll know better Thursday of course, but I'm banking on a trade that hurts the team short term and torpedo's the season, more so.

how is that brutal??

we play the bulls and raptors 4 times.  knicks, suns and nets twice. It won't be easy, but we could win all of these games.

Chicago's won 15 of their last 22, Toronto's won 19 of their last 29. It's pretty unlikely we'll win all those games.

They are still not okc or the pacers. The raptors are not that great imo. They are overachieving

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Danny is lost imo

how is that brutal??

They are still not okc or the pacers. The raptors are not that great imo. They are overachieving

Obviously they aren't okc or the pacers. They're better than you think they are though.

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2014, 08:35:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Danny is lost imo

how is that brutal??

Obviously they aren't okc or the pacers. They're better than you think they are though.

I know how good they are. They win against the east and cant beat the west. The same story for teams seeded 4-11.

What is your issue btw? Dont you believe in rondo? You dont want to win? 

I thought thats what you wanted

« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2014, 08:59:19 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Danny is lost imo

how is that brutal??

I know how good they are. They win against the east and cant beat the west. The same story for teams seeded 4-11.

What is your issue btw? Dont you believe in rondo? You dont want to win? 

I thought thats what you wanted

Toronto's 10-12 against the west with wins against OKC, Dal (twice), Memphis and Minny. I don't have an issue, and whether or not I want the team to win doesn't change my opinion of how good other teams are.

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2014, 09:10:43 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
  Toronto's 10-12 against the west with wins against OKC, Dal (twice), Memphis and Minny. I don't have an issue, and whether or not I want the team to win doesn't change my opinion of how good other teams are.

TP+.

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2014, 09:12:18 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
To put it as bluntly as possible:

Automatically assuming that a GM isn't lying, and that instead, the journalist (who's job security depends largely on them not just making things up) must be making things up  seems very stupid to me.

The rumor is based on a one sentence blurb in a power ranking column.  It doesn't even directly quote the unnamed source behind the information.  It's not exactly the most reliable information out there.  That doesn't mean Marc Spears is a liar, but it could very well be that he is running with something that is extremely flimsy at best.

As far as sports reporters' job security goes, they cite unnamed sources in rumors that don't come to fruition all the time.  They rarely seem to suffer lasting employment consequences for posting rumors that don't come true.

I can't think of any examples of a major NBA reporter who lost his job over reporting a false rumor. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2014, 07:04:11 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Rondo is not a franchise player. He needs players around him to enhance his talent as JVG mentioned yesterday. If he has that talent around him he's great. The problem is when he doesn't have elite talent around him. He's not a superstar player and certainly not a franchise player so if you can get two picks from anyone for him, take it and run.