Author Topic: Twitter (Ric Bucher): Sheed not coming to the Cs  (Read 11737 times)

Re: Twitter (Ric Bucher): Sheed not coming to the Cs
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2009, 12:20:03 AM »

Offline vl819

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
two down....hopefully somebody other than mikki moore wants to play in boston

Only way to get good players to come to Boston is to draft them or trade for them. Rarely does a top FA ever sign with the C's.

Unfortunately you're right on the money. TP

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2009, 12:38:08 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I want either Wilcox, Gooden or Gortat. I hate ZaZa he is a no skill thug, Nesterovic is a stiff. Bird Man would be my first choice but I doubt he leaves. Is Erden ready?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2009, 01:28:12 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Gortat is my pick. He's got a Jordan tattoo.

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 01:53:35 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I think we need to wait on McDyess.  I know some reports say he wants to stay in Detroit, but honestly, why would he?  They aren't going to contend anytime soon 
Really?  The reports are that they are after both Boozer and Hedo.  I don't know if they have the cap room for both, but that would be a pretty potent team (I suspect Prince would come off the bench if Hedo was signed). 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2009, 02:05:50 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Gortat is my pick. He's got a Jordan tattoo.

With no Battie, and no defense played by Wince, I suspect that Orlando will work hard to get Gortat to return (by matching any offer made, up to and including the full MLE).

I would love Gortat, I just don't think he's available.

I think Zaza makes the most sense -- the Cs are looking for a backup C, and that is exactly the type of role for Zaza.  He is tough, takes things seriously(which I like -- shows he cares about the game), and is young (only 25) so he has room to improve, especially with the quality big man coaching and big man mentoring that the Cs offer (Clifford Ray and Kevin Garnett, respectively). 

I think a $16M 4yr deal (basically what he is earning now) would be great.  Of course, the issue is still the question of the extent to which the Cs brass are willing to spend...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2009, 02:55:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I've seen Orlando and San Antonio listed as Sheed's first choices in a couple of places now. It's probably true.

I didn't want Wallace anyway, so I'll be fairly happy if he doesn't come to Boston. McDyess and Zaza, I want one of those two guys.

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2009, 06:16:52 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
If we don't get 2 good free-agents we are not bringing in banner 18! We need a miracle signing from someone, someone who we didn't even expect liked Beantown.

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2009, 12:58:06 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Would Zaza consider leaving Atlanta?  They are an up and coming team.  I don't see why Atlanta wouldn't retain him. 

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2009, 01:24:14 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I've seen Orlando and San Antonio listed as Sheed's first choices in a couple of places now. It's probably true.

I didn't want Wallace anyway, so I'll be fairly happy if he doesn't come to Boston. McDyess and Zaza, I want one of those two guys.
The problem with getting Zaza is we couldn't show KG leveling him in the playoffs during montages at the start of games.

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2009, 01:26:31 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Does no one else hate ZaZa after watching him be a complete thug against us last year.

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2009, 01:29:05 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Does no one else hate ZaZa after watching him be a complete thug against us last year.
Not at all. Perk is a thug. Posey was a thug. Thugs are valuable.

Why would you take that personally? Do you want us to pick up a ballet dancer?

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2009, 01:58:30 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Perk can finish around the hoop, block shots and doesn't throw cheap shots. Posey could shoot and play perimeter defense. The difference between the these guys and Zaza is that they have other things going for them besides being a thug. Also neither throws cheap shots to the extent ZaZa does. It's like having a hockey goon on your team vs having someone who is physical and has other skills.

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2009, 02:21:48 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Perk can finish around the hoop, block shots and doesn't throw cheap shots. Posey could shoot and play perimeter defense. The difference between the these guys and Zaza is that they have other things going for them besides being a thug. Also neither throws cheap shots to the extent ZaZa does. It's like having a hockey goon on your team vs having someone who is physical and has other skills.

I think ZaZa might be one of the best offensive rebounders in the league. And his defensive rebounding is really good too. That is a skill I find valuable.

Here is a good article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/163537-zaza-palooza-pachulia-keeps-hawks-hopes-alive-in-miami
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2009, 02:54:13 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I think we need to wait on McDyess.  I know some reports say he wants to stay in Detroit, but honestly, why would he?  They aren't going to contend anytime soon 
Really?  The reports are that they are after both Boozer and Hedo.  I don't know if they have the cap room for both, but that would be a pretty potent team (I suspect Prince would come off the bench if Hedo was signed). 
If the Pistons don't get a better point guard than Rodney Stuckey they won't be able to win it all.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2009, 03:02:42 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
here's a question: what if ORL and Turk actually come back together and make it work? Where does that leave Sheed and ORL?

certainly he would be a better fit in BOS at that point....