Author Topic: I don't know how Danny does it. This could his best steal yet  (Read 18037 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=37439

Yeah his passing totals is low but his team probably stinked. Look at his rebound totals game by game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tggi8cToU88

are you kidding me?? Danny did it again. He drafted another Rondo with probably not as good or willing passer but better shooter and even rebounder at the pg position

The only reason i see him slipping this far was that he didn't compete in the highest division? (someone can confirm this?)

BTW watching him in one game last year his vertical is crazy

Pruitt is gone thats easy and hudson will be more than able backup for Rondo (could be good competition for Rondo)

Re: I don't know how Danny does it. This could his best pick yet
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 12:13:55 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The kid played at Univ. of Tenn. Martin and had trouble when he played against better competition. He also was very hit or miss at the Portsmouth Invitational.

I wouldn't be jumping up and down calling this a great pick just yet as he barely played against good college competition, never mind good professional basketball competition.

Re: I don't know how Danny does it. This could his best steal yet
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 12:14:33 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
with his mohawk he will fit right in with BBD!
 ;D
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 12:16:43 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Hudson is good, and has played up to his level of competition.  Don't base your judgment on him on stats, because when elite teams played him they could go 3 on 1 without worrying about any of his teammates.  UT-Martin isn't even Davidson - the most famous basketball player they've produced to this point has been TO.  Take that as a cautionary tale.

Regardless, I think Hudson can contribute and become a solid rotation guy - good court IQ and strong athleticism.  With a good group of veterans I think he can develop.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 12:18:55 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
I predict Danny will try to get him to play overseas for a yr. He tried with Giddens, but Giddens refused. It's possible he already had a prearranged agreement with Hudson.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 12:19:07 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
He drafted another Rondo with probably not as good or willing passer but better shooter and even rebounder at the pg position

hes older than rondo
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 12:19:10 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
 ;D

That was my first thought   :)

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 12:21:37 AM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
 ;D

That was my first thought   :)

ditto
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 12:22:55 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Significantly less crazy a night than I thought it would be.

Re: I don't know how Danny does it. This could his best pick yet
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 12:23:16 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The kid played at Univ. of Tenn. Martin and had trouble when he played against better competition. He also was very hit or miss at the Portsmouth Invitational.

I wouldn't be jumping up and down calling this a great pick just yet as he barely played against good college competition, never mind good professional basketball competition.

dude he never participated in the portsmouth invitational for 2009. He was hit or miss for last years where his main fault was that he rushed his jumpers. Doubt that he didn't take that mistake seriously and fixed it. His dribbling and turnover ration for 2009 improved greatly according to draft express.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 12:25:25 AM »

Offline BBS

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 11
From Celtics twitter. I am loveing this kid!!

DA: "We had him much higher." On possibly moving up in 2nd round: "We had some conversations." Close to any trades? "No."
1 minute ago from Tweetie  
  Ainge says the Celtics don't know yet if he has a chance to play for the Celtics next season or be on the C's Orlando Summer League team.
2 minutes ago from Tweetie  
  DA: "He's a tough kid. What I see on the court, how hard he competes and instigates physical play on the court. We think he's got a chance.
3 minutes ago from Tweetie  
  DA on Hudson: "I like his toughness, and his ability to score. He's one of those guys who really knows how to score the ball."
5 minutes ago from Tweetie

Also says on freeagency "We have a idea what we want to accomplish".

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 12:29:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

DA: "We had him much higher." On possibly moving up in 2nd round: "We had some conversations." Close to any trades? "No."
  Ainge says the Celtics don't know yet if he has a chance to play for the Celtics next season or be on the C's Orlando Summer League team.
  DA: "He's a tough kid. What I see on the court, how hard he competes and instigates physical play on the court. We think he's got a chance.
  DA on Hudson: "I like his toughness, and his ability to score. He's one of those guys who really knows how to score the ball."

They better get something accomplished in FA. We need to shore up our bench in so many areas, especially with the east's improving talent.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 01:35:31 AM »

Offline celts34pats55

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26

They better get something accomplished in FA. We need to shore up our bench in so many areas, especially with the east's improving talent.

Exactly, what scares me is how our top 2 competitors both got significantly better today. I'm fine with not making any major moves tonight, and I think this kid could crack the rotation in 2011, but we really need to make some great moves in fa.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 01:38:43 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Exactly, what scares me is how our top 2 competitors both got significantly better today. I'm fine with not making any major moves tonight, and I think this kid could crack the rotation in 2011, but we really need to make some great moves in fa.
Shaq is a minor improvement, as is VC if Hedo is not retained in Orlando.

The key will be what all three teams do in free agency. All three big contenders in the east can separate themselves somewhat by either retaining or bringing in new elements to cover up their flaws.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 01:50:51 AM »

Offline celts34pats55

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26

Shaq is a minor improvement, as is VC if Hedo is not retained in Orlando.

The key will be what all three teams do in free agency. All three big contenders in the east can separate themselves somewhat by either retaining or bringing in new elements to cover up their flaws.

While I'm not sure I'd say Shaq is a major improvement, he's definitely a significant improvement. And, yes Vincanity isn't that much better than Hedo, but he's more versatile, and he fits nicely with Howard and Lewis. He's the slasher that they really needed.

Here's the thing: we were better than either team to begin with. But, they narrowed the gap. Now let's go shore up our bench and hope to have some Patriot-like fa moves.