Author Topic: The thing about Rondo...  (Read 1079 times)

The thing about Rondo...
« on: December 03, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
What I like about Ronod is that hea player that makes plays. I don't mean he's a playmaker ( though he's good at that ). I mean he's the type of player that makes plays that help you win games, series and championships.

It may not always show up in the box scores. He might only have 6 points one night. But along with those six points he might have 9 boards or 12 assists or 5 steals.
So his stat line doesn't always reveal his full impact on a game. Of course there are other times when it does, such as a second year point putting up 21, 8, 7 and 6 assists in game 6 of the NBA finals.

But more important than numbers, he's one of those players that makes plays that help you win games. I was trying to rack my brain thinking of other players that fit this mode over the years and the following come to mind.

Dennis Johnson
Michael Cooper
Dennis Rodman
Joe Dumars
Bruce Bowen
James Posey
Derek Fisher ( in his prime )

I think Rondo may end up more along the lines of DJ, Dumars, Rodman level before he's done in that he's one of those rarest of players who "make plays" and also has all star potential talent, that's a step higher than the Fisher's, Bowens and Coopers.

I guess my main point is that I feel he's one of those rare players that knows how to win and can hurt you in so many ways depending on what the team needs on any given night and is willing to do the dirty work as well...a common trait of these types of players. All championship teams generally have one.

So it's hard to judge his value simply by looking at his shooting percetnage.

I think Perkins is similar to a degree but perhaps with not quite the raw talent of Rondo. 

Re: The thing about Rondo...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
in the "rondo: diference maker" thread theres the statlines for every game this season, and its pretty evident that every night he gives you something. if he's not shooting good he'll have alot of assists, or alot of rebounds, he never has an empty statline, his presence is always felt.

Re: The thing about Rondo...
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 06:17:47 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
Totally agree. In other threads I've talked about him being "special" -- I think he has a creativity and nose for the ball that can't (thus far) be statistically measured. He's a really unique player, and I love having him on my team.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.