Author Topic: Tony Allen probably out against the Pacers  (Read 4274 times)

Tony Allen probably out against the Pacers
« on: December 03, 2008, 10:18:15 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
So Tony looks like he might not play tonight. What do you think will happen with our back-up SG/SF minutes? Pruitt isn't around either I think because of a virus.

Is someone being called up from NBDL? More Sam? Some Rondo/House combo at the 1 and 2? More Scal? More minutes for our starters? BBD as a SF?

Re: Tony Allen probably out against the Pacers
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 10:27:07 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
It will be interesting.  I would expect to see Scal playing more at the SF, and possibly have either Cassell or House (or Pruitt) playing some SG.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 10:35:23 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Please. Not more Scal. Anyone but Scal. Please, Please.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 10:40:09 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
It dawned on me when Tony got banged up the other night, and a couple of other Celts were getting bumped around, that Orlando was the first team we've seen that seemed to be taking a bit of a long range plan of bruising the Celts up a bit even if they lost.  It's a long season and all that banging adds up.  Orlando seemed to be taking every chance they could to "add a little extra".  I don't think the play Tony was injured on was necessarily an example of this, but there were plenty of others.  They were the most physical team I've seen the Celts play against yet.  It may have just been because they were missing some key guys and knew that was their only chance...Just an observation, and frankly I'm surprised more teams aren't trying to do more of this to bruise the C's up a bit and try to slow them down.

If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first game a regular will have missed due to injury.  20% into the season that's pretty remarkable.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 10:41:44 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I think he's been playing some decent basketball this season (last game was a poor one though in my opinion) for people to have this kind of reaction at the moment. Seems out of place to me.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 10:44:56 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Im no scal fan, but he's actual been playing alright lately.

Walker call up you think? even with scal , were pretty short at backup 2/3.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 10:58:10 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
That's too bad about Tony. I think we need to call up Walker.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 11:03:23 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
This really sucks to be honest. Hopefully the starters blow it out so there's not that big an onus on the bench to perform. Can also see around 40+ minutes for Ray.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 11:04:37 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
This really sucks to be honest. Hopefully the starters blow it out so there's not that big an onus on the bench to perform. Can also see around 40+ minutes for Ray.

or pruitt with a nice run so house can play the 2 to get ray rest. ne intersting to see how we manage the 2/3 tonight.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 11:05:25 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
The question is wether Pruitt is still sick or not. Anyone good any info on that? Report says he has lost some weight... shame.

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 11:07:51 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I think Allen will play.  It's just a mild ankle sprain.  We've all landed on the side of our foot and played the next game with a swollen, discolored ankle.  An hour in the whirlpool, a good taping job, and you are ready to go.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 11:08:30 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Scal has been playing solid so far but he can't be expected to stay with Granger.  I would guess that Scal will play the three when Paul is out.  Other than that, I'd expect House to get 30m or more.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 11:26:02 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
From the reports coming from the D League it looks like Giddens is playing better basketball than Walker.  Would we be comfortable bringing him up?  Or should we stick with the guy who looked better playing with this roster during the preseason?
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 11:29:21 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
From the reports coming from the D League it looks like Giddens is playing better basketball than Walker.  Would we be comfortable bringing him up?  Or should we stick with the guy who looked better playing with this roster during the preseason?

I don't think you can go wrong with giving a chance to either of them.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 11:39:18 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'm not that worried.  It's a minor injury and TA should be fine soon.  We'll be ok with whoever gets those minutes.  I'd like to see Pruitt get a few minutes and it would be a treat to see Giddens.  But I believe players can only make 3 trips to the d-league so if Tony is only going to miss a game, maybe no moves will be made.