Author Topic: Divisional rivalries  (Read 1590 times)

Divisional rivalries
« on: December 02, 2008, 02:51:07 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
A couple of questions here;

1.  Has there ever been a team go undefeated against other teams in their division during a regular season?

and

2.  Can the Celtics accomplish that feat this year?

Answering question 2, i dont think its as far out of the equation as it may seem.  Although it doesnt really matter if they dont (championship being the goal), it would be pretty cool if they did.

We have a couple of heated rivalries in the division with the Knicks and Raptors.  The Knicks and C's really hate each other - especially PP and Q-B*&ch.  I cannot see the C's wanting to lose to them.

Then we have our "newer" rivalry (and toughest) against the Raptors.  That KG v Calderon thing is sure to intense it up a notch.  They are a good team, but we have beat them twice already this season, and our remaining games are a back to back against them in January (A time of year which still has significance).

Then, there are the Nets - whom the C's match up extremely well with.  IMO, the Nets are currently overachieving immensely.  The C's should have there number easily everytime.

Lastly, we have Philadelphia.  This is the team that could probably pull out a win against us, although, like the Nets, we do match up well against them.  But, the C's may be keen to show them that to be the elite in the division, they have to get through us first.

So, what do yall think?

Re: Divisional rivalries
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 02:20:06 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
im pretty sure we were undefeated against the knicks last year.

edit: undefeated against knicks and nets.

3-1 against toronto and philly.

so i think this is very possible.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 02:26:27 PM by xmuscularghandix »

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 02:32:15 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
I don't really think our divisional rivalries are all that intense. The NY stuff is just stupid; we always blow them out. The Toronto games are tough, sure, but I don't think there's a lot of bad blood there. I think Orlando brings some stuff out in us, mainly because Perk (and Tommy!) hate Dwight so much.

As for the question, it's certainly possible, but I'd say unlikely. We're bound to lose some people to injury, or just have an off-night, against one of them.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
anything is possible.......sorry, too easy ;D
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland