Author Topic: Grizzlies (3-1) vs Celtics (4-0) Vegas SL Game #5 7/13/19  (Read 27081 times)

Re: Grizzlies (3-1) vs Celtics (4-0) Vegas SL Game #5 7/13/19
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2019, 01:40:17 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I wouldnt play Williams at all..summer leagues are useless for a player already on the team

I agree.

If the goal was to avoid injury then why play Rob Williams at all?

I mean he was even put in the game in the 4th qtr.

load management...its the new NBA.

« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2019, 02:02:57 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
So the Celtics lost to a #8 seed in the Summer League Playoffs? Yikes.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2019, 03:12:41 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Just got done watching the replay.  First half reminded me of last year's Celtics.  Everyone jacking 3's, little ball movement. Not a lot of defense.  Kind of an indifferent effort.

2nd half they played better. Grant Williams a I thought played well.  His size works against him. At the same time he does all the little stuff that wins you games - i.e. taking charges, hustling, making the right pass etc.  I think his ability to make the rotation is going to be determined by both his 3 point shooting and his ability to get his shot off against longer players. 

I do think they were taking a long look at Onuaku.  He has some skills but I'm not sure that he'd be an upgrade on anyone they already have on the roster. 

Robert Williams passing continues to impress.  If he can improve on his defense, I do think he has a chance to get into the rotation.  He still has no real moves and he doesn't shoot it very well, but if you can pass, defend and rebound you can get on the floor in the NBA.  He is cat quick and can run out at perimeter shooters so I do think can get consistent minutes - if not at the start at least at some point during the season.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 03:24:22 AM by Kuberski33 »

« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2019, 03:52:56 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I wouldnt play Williams at all..summer leagues are useless for a player already on the team

I agree.

My inner Beavis is having a hard time resisting cracking a joke at all of these load references.
Yup

« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2019, 03:56:40 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I agree.

My inner Beavis is having a hard time resisting cracking a joke at all of these load references.

you just did... lol TP!

« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2019, 04:01:56 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I agree.

you just did... lol TP!
the fine art of making a joke by not making a joke
Yup

« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2019, 07:43:30 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Just got done watching the replay.  First half reminded me of last year's Celtics.  Everyone jacking 3's, little ball movement. Not a lot of defense.  Kind of an indifferent effort.

2nd half they played better. Grant Williams a I thought played well.  His size works against him. At the same time he does all the little stuff that wins you games - i.e. taking charges, hustling, making the right pass etc.  I think his ability to make the rotation is going to be determined by both his 3 point shooting and his ability to get his shot off against longer players. 

I do think they were taking a long look at Onuaku.  He has some skills but I'm not sure that he'd be an upgrade on anyone they already have on the roster. 

Robert Williams passing continues to impress.  If he can improve on his defense, I do think he has a chance to get into the rotation.  He still has no real moves and he doesn't shoot it very well, but if you can pass, defend and rebound you can get on the floor in the NBA.  He is cat quick and can run out at perimeter shooters so I do think can get consistent minutes - if not at the start at least at some point during the season.
I hope so, and feel the same way about Javonte Green (along with Tacko).  It would be very interesting if one or more of these players can actually make the squad.  I'm thinking all 3 make training camp, correct?

« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2019, 10:12:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

He is a dud.

« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2019, 10:56:33 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
Strus can’t guard, especially on the perimeter.

He’s got some size and shooting ability but I’m not seeing his value as a two way.

« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2019, 11:30:21 AM »

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18
Unless C's have other plans for Tacko, I can't see justified reasons why Tacko only played 7 minutes. The guy is trying to make the main roster and the coached just denied him his opportunities. It's not like he was a huge liability on the court. In fact, it was total opposite.

Perhaps they were showing his value to management by not playing him many minutes