Author Topic: 2018-19 Bruins Season  (Read 101659 times)

Re: 2018-19 Bruins Season
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 10:10:52 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Not Bruins related, but WOW

Lightning win 62 games in the regular season and the Presidents' Trophy. And they just got SWEPT in the first round to the Blue Jackets. What a collapse...  :o
Doors are opening for Bruins. They have to take control and beat Toronto without Kadri, have avoided Tampa but have to play a good Columbus team, which they should have a good chance to beat. Bruins would have fallen hard to the Lightning.

They are as good or better a team as any team left in the playoffs. They could get a Cup this year.......providing they come back and beat Toronto.

Tampa's absence won't mean anything if the Bruins don't get their heads out of the sand soon.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 11:01:13 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Lightning win 62 games in the regular season and the Presidents' Trophy. And they just got SWEPT in the first round to the Blue Jackets. What a collapse...  :o
Doors are opening for Bruins. They have to take control and beat Toronto without Kadri, have avoided Tampa but have to play a good Columbus team, which they should have a good chance to beat. Bruins would have fallen hard to the Lightning.

They are as good or better a team as any team left in the playoffs. They could get a Cup this year.......providing they come back and beat Toronto.

Bruins couldn't even defend home-court against Maple Leafs so IDK how they'll do it. They need to win in Toronto.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 11:21:53 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Bruins couldn't even defend home-court against Maple Leafs so IDK how they'll do it. They need to win in Toronto.

I'm really disappointed that they lost home-ice advantage—and it took them only one game to do so!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 01:16:51 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bruins must finish their checks

Also they need to split Marchand and Bergeron

Drop Chara to third pairing... too slow

Why did they resign him to another season?

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 02:19:39 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
On another note Tampa have been swept out of the playoffs 0-4 by Columbus.

Now if we could only take care of those pesky Leafs...
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 09:36:06 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
And Bruins win too! Home advantage back and Toronto silenced!!!

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2019, 09:44:31 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I was switching to the Bruins and Sox during timeouts. In the 3rd period, the Bruins were cruising up 5-2 with under 10 minutes to go. When I switched back with 5 minutes left, they were only up 5-4! They did a nice job grinding out the rest of the game and got the lame empty netter with 2 seconds left.

With the series tied at 2-2, Bruins fans can breathe a small sigh of relief. Hopefully they will be able to finish them off and get to the next round.

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2019, 09:57:39 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I was switching to the Bruins and Sox during timeouts. In the 3rd period, the Bruins were cruising up 5-2 with under 10 minutes to go. When I switched back with 5 minutes left, they were only up 5-4! They did a nice job grinding out the rest of the game and got the lame empty netter with 2 seconds left.

With the series tied at 2-2, Bruins fans can breathe a small sigh of relief. Hopefully they will be able to finish them off and get to the next round.

Yep, that was a MASSIVE win by the B's. I honestly don't think they could have come back in the series if they fell behind 3-1.

As for the Red Sox... yikes. They've truly been awful to start the year. Just got swept to the Yankees too who basically are injured and are trotting out their B-team...  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 10:16:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Not a hockey fan but glad the B's won as well

Keep the Garden party going.

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 10:17:33 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Yep, that was a MASSIVE win by the B's. I honestly don't think they could have come back in the series if they fell behind 3-1.

As for the Red Sox... yikes. They've truly been awful to start the year. Just got swept to the Yankees too who basically are injured and are trotting out their B-team..:(

Red Sox keep finding ways to lose. It really sucks too because I am a big Sox and baseball fan, but it's getting absolutely embarrassing.

Tonight, the bullpen apparently blew it (thank God the Celts were playing so I didn't have to see that mess.)

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2019, 09:47:46 PM »

• Don Nelson
What a horrible missed interference call for first goal of game....this game over now and the Bruins were robbed...even the announcers were shocked...

https://www.nhl.com/video/matthews-breaks-scoreless-tie/t-277350912/c-67839303

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 09:49:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Terrible effort in the third by B's.

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2019, 09:52:08 PM »

• Don Nelson
Terrible effort in the third by B's.

For sure, they woke up with a minute to go

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2019, 09:53:21 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Welp. Now season's on the line Sunday...  :'(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2019, 10:21:55 PM »

• Satch Sanders
The Bruins are doing a good job p---ing away their season. Bad calls/noncalls aside, they should've already disposed of the Leafs.

— C.S. Lewis