Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)  (Read 18225 times)

LatterDayCelticsfan and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2024, 12:41:13 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 562
I am shocked people think we will easily beat the Cavs without Porzingis.

I understand people believing we should easily beat the Cavs with Porzingis. But without? I do not understand. The Cavs are not some clown team like this Miami squad we are playing against now without Jimmy Butler. Cleveland are a quality team. Not a top level team but then neither are the Celtics without Porzingis.

These are teams of equals or near-equals.

The Celtics even without KP are still a clear rung above the Cavs.

I don't know if they should 'easily" win, but they SHOULD win.

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2024, 01:06:29 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1400

I understand people believing we should easily beat the Cavs with Porzingis. But without? I do not understand. The Cavs are not some clown team like this Miami squad we are playing against now without Jimmy Butler. Cleveland are a quality team. Not a top level team but then neither are the Celtics without Porzingis.

This whole idea that teams should "easily" win against another playoff opponent is why people tend to have unpleasant and unhappy surprises when the other team doesn't roll over the way they're supposed to  :angel:

Look at Denver...gentleman's sweep but I wouldn't say any of the games were easy. They were all contested. But yes over a 7 game series if we play at our best, or even a bit below our best, and Cleveland play at their best we should win. Not easily though.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2024, 01:54:50 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2967

Also, the Cavs played their best ball when both Mobley and Garland were out and they were able to play smaller. So it’s hard to look at injuries as an excuse and say they should’ve had a better record when it was actually injuries that allowed them to get a rhythm because their big lineup is just so poorly constructed and doesn’t fit together.

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2024, 02:05:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3029
  • On To Banner 18!
I definitely don't think ORL/CLE are "easy", but they should absolutely be winnable. And they are still a bit easier than the alternative of NY/MIL/PHI (yes I know MIL in particular has injuries but still)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2024, 02:12:38 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1034

Celtics were 21-4 in the 25 games Porzingis missed in the regular season. Their net rating was actually a tick higher than with him. Granted there are many variables during a long season, but 25 games is a good enough sample size to conclude they are still an elite team when he doesn’t suit up.

That being said, I’m more surprised at how many are dismissing Orlando from that series.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2024, 02:44:24 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Ah, fantastic.  KP asked to come out of the game "a few plays" before his injury, but Joe refused him.

Just observationally, it was obvious KP was struggling and had an injury of some sort.  I was shouting at the TV to take him out.  But to have the player ask to come out of the game, and then refusing?  That's grossly negligent.

So, if we fall short this year and the question is whether we should bring Joe back, don't use KP's injury as an excuse for why he needs another chance.  He made this worse.  That's the second significant roadblock he's put up for this team already.  His Game 2 debacle wasn't enough; he had to mismanage our best big's injury when we had a 16 point lead with two minutes left in the half.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2024, 02:48:30 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
Roy what is your source?

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2024, 02:55:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3203
Ah, fantastic.  KP asked to come out of the game "a few plays" before his injury, but Joe refused him.

Just observationally, it was obvious KP was struggling and had an injury of some sort.  I was shouting at the TV to take him out.  But to have the player ask to come out of the game, and then refusing?  That's grossly negligent.

So, if we fall short this year and the question is whether we should bring Joe back, don't use KP's injury as an excuse for why he needs another chance.  He made this worse.  That's the second significant roadblock he's put up for this team already.  His Game 2 debacle wasn't enough; he had to mismanage our best big's injury when we had a 16 point lead with two minutes left in the half.

Can't any player on the floor including KP call a TO on offense?

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2024, 02:58:06 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
The Celtics without KP are the best team in the east. Not particularly close with the injuries on other teams.  Absolutely need KP to beat the Nuggets or Wolves, but don't for anyone else in west either.  The C's are 21-4 without KP for a reason.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2024, 02:59:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Roy what is your source?

The link in the other thread for KP asking out.

My eyes for KP visibly limping around and being in pain for multiple plays before he was taken out.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2024, 03:56:54 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1034
Seemed like it was one long sequence that he was laboring which culminated with the stoppage.

On all of the replays I saw, I didn’t see him ask out prior to that last play. And considering he didn’t quickly pass the ball, I don’t think he asked out and Joe refused.

CELTICS 2024

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2024, 04:05:05 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1013

If that's true, then Joe needs to be fired immediately. Your number 2 player is clearly hobbling and this useless junk of a coach refuses to pull him off the floor. He is liable for any losses and injuries. Smh

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2024, 04:07:53 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 700
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Joe with his radio hit today was asked about it. He said he wanted to thank KP for staying in those few extra possessions.

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2024, 04:17:00 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 373
https://x.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1785680132075839659

Kristaps Porziņģis has a right soleus strain, so this is a calf strain...I'm told this is going to be treated like a week to week injury, could be 1-2 weeks for Kristaps Porziņģis, could be even longer than that based on his rehab."

@ShamsCharania
 on Kristaps Porziņģis' injury

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2024, 04:17:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Joe with his radio hit today was asked about it. He said he wanted to thank KP for staying in those few extra possessions.

Yeah, super important that he played through injury to preserve that 17 point lead with two minutes to go in the half.