Author Topic: Idea: Brown, Smart and 1st for Damian Lillard  (Read 2867 times)

Re: Idea: Brown, Smart and 1st for Damian Lillard
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2023, 03:15:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Lilliard makes too much $$$$. Might as well pay brown
Except Lillard is much better at basketball
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2023, 03:17:19 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I wouldn’t mind KAT for JB at this point.
I am quite interested in this as well. KAT would give us a highly skilled big man to replace Horford to place alongside Tatum for the next 6-8 years. KAT and Tatum would be a potent duo and give us lots of flexability in terms of team construction around them.

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2023, 03:30:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I am quite interested in this as well. KAT would give us a highly skilled big man to replace Horford to place alongside Tatum for the next 6-8 years. KAT and Tatum would be a potent duo and give us lots of flexability in terms of team construction around them.
I would do it too. Elite shooting and passing from KAT (probably a better passer than Brown tbh), and I think is more average on defence than below average. He would probably love the license to shoot 7-8 threes a game...

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2023, 03:59:14 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Lillard getting in up in age plus getting more injured a lot lately
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2023, 04:05:42 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Love Dame but we would regress defensively.

Need to keep our defensive minded players.

Offense isn’t the problem with this team.

It’s will and decision making.

That will get better with time and coaching.

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2023, 04:13:06 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Lillard has what 2 more good years at the best.  This a knee jerk panic move, that would lead to mediocrity fast

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2023, 04:16:15 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I would do it too. Elite shooting and passing from KAT (probably a better passer than Brown tbh), and I think is more average on defence than below average. He would probably love the license to shoot 7-8 threes a game...

KAT averaged 4.8 assists on a 25.6 usage percentage while Brown averaged 3.5 assists on 31.4 usage percentage.  Yeah, KAT is the better passer. 

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2023, 05:07:04 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
Love Dame but we would regress defensively.

Need to keep our defensive minded players.

It’s will and decision making.

That will get better with time and coaching.

Lillard isn't any worse off ball defender than JB. I can actually see him making effort on defense like IT did with a right team, except he have the size to be respected as a defender. We are not just bringing his offense, but also his alpha-leadership. His offense will also brings more dimension in our strategy as he can play with and without the ball. Blazers loves to run flex action with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUCwCJWuUt4

you can see on that video that he never let his sight go on Curry. JB would be sleeping on off-ball players constantly. Very active hands too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHVF-9bsXus

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2023, 05:51:07 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 123

I was just thinking that.  Ifeel it could benefit both teams to be honest.  Brown would probably fit nicely with Edwards and Gobert, and KAT would fit nicely with Tatum and Rob Williams. 

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2023, 05:52:33 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
Dame is a much more reliable scorer, especially when the game matters and an absolute Alpha leader. We need that type of guy in the locker room since we lost IT.

He's a biut old, but ill take it.  Dame is the type of guy who would make other players want to come to Boston and would make the Celtics an instrant title favourite.

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2023, 05:58:20 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum

An 8-23 shooting night to go with 8 turnovers in an elimination game might contrast with your views here.

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2023, 06:22:51 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
JB was a legit 2nd team all-NBA player this year. Had a terrible Game 7 but played very well early in the playoffs. He gets better every year. The mistakes he makes can be improved upon and a better coach will help.  Losing JB at a time when teams will be looking to give lower value due to signing issues and a poor showing in the series is unwise.  Obviously I’d be open to a good trade - all-star caliber with a decent pick, but trading him for a 2-year window for an older max player seems wrong. You recall how quickly age can deteriorate a player.  KAT looks nice on paper - and I’ll bet the frustration with his lack of toughness will drive people crazy here pretty quickly.

Glad PBS is pulling the strings - I don’t think he’ll sell low on JB.

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2023, 06:30:20 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
JB was a legit 2nd team all-NBA player this year. Had a terrible Game 7 but played very well early in the playoffs. He gets better every year. The mistakes he makes can be improved upon and a better coach will help.  Losing JB at a time when teams will be looking to give lower value due to signing issues and a poor showing in the series is unwise.  Obviously I’d be open to a good trade - all-star caliber with a decent pick, but trading him for a 2-year window for an older max player seems wrong. You recall how quickly age can deteriorate a player.  KAT looks nice on paper - and I’ll bet the frustration with his lack of toughness will drive people crazy here pretty quickly.

Glad PBS is pulling the strings - I don’t think he’ll sell low on JB.
Brown had an on/off differential per 100 possessions of -6.5 in the playoffs.  The team was significantly better when he was on the bench. So this supposed playing very well doesn't impact the team actually winning on the court.  That is, and always has been, the issue with Brown.  The team is better when he doesn't play.  For comparison, Tatum was +5.7, which also matches historical trends.  Brown just doesn't move the needle to the only place it actually matters.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2023, 07:19:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

KAT averaged 4.8 assists on a 25.6 usage percentage while Brown averaged 3.5 assists on 31.4 usage percentage.  Yeah, KAT is the better passer.
Didn’t realise KAT’s usage had lowered so much. Explains the lower scoring output, as well as being put alongside a dud like Gobert

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2023, 08:41:56 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Didn’t realise KAT’s usage had lowered so much. Explains the lower scoring output, as well as being put alongside a dud like Gobert
I'll jump on the KAT for JB bandwagon. Always liked him since he won the All-Star Skills Competition a few years ago.