Author Topic: Tear it Down & Reload for the Future  (Read 2178 times)

Re: Tear it Down & Reload for the Future
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 06:52:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
According to Adam Himmelsbach of the Globe, a few teams at the top of the draft have inquired about Jaylen Brown
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841849-celtics-trade-rumors-teams-at-top-of-nba-draft-inquiring-about-jaylen-brown

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 07:03:12 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Here’s the deal: Someone will overpay for Brown and I do not want it to be us next season by matching whatever crazy offer is made to him that we have to match or we lose him for nothing. I think he is a solid starter, but I am not sold on him blossoming into an all-star. In comparison, I think Ball can be an amazing facilitator in Brad’s system and, combined with Smart, will provide lockdown D on guards. Ball has the potential to be the next John Stockton IMHO.

If we are hotter on Ball than Brown and the Pelicans are hotter on Brown than Ball, this makes sense.

I think Darius Garland will be better than Ball.  Garland reminds me of a larger Trae Young. If I were considering trading Brown for anyone I would trade him for the right to draft Garland.

I think the Cs will take the first half of the season to measure Brown's value. If they were dissatisfied then they would consider trading him by next years' trade deadline.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 07:05:38 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
According to Adam Himmelsbach of the Globe, a few teams at the top of the draft have inquired about Jaylen Brown
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841849-celtics-trade-rumors-teams-at-top-of-nba-draft-inquiring-about-jaylen-brown

Of course they are, Brown is a good player.  Let the sharks / vultures circle Danny, keep Brown.  We say no.