7 (35%)
Split the space, Rubio and Randle
3 (15%)
Split the space Vucevic and Bryant
1 (5%)
Wallow in self pity
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: We have lots of options now  (Read 6151 times)

Re: We have lots of options now
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 03:44:52 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I don't think you rush to spend money this off season on long term deals.

THIS. Sign several guys to a 1 or 2 year deal so they have max money in 2021 for hopefully 2 FA in a loaded class. Do not tie up long term money

Thirding this. Only offer long money to a sure thing all star of need. If Al leaves I am down for signing guys to 1-2 year deals,  syncing with the end of Hayward's deal.

why?

Team would not have capspace of note at that point in time. Just because there will be expiring contracts doesnt equal to free agent signings.

I mean you have to account for Brown and TAtum extensions, as well as any rookies and mle signings over the next couple of years.

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2019, 04:12:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am not in love with any of these options. Some other options:

Sign Patrick Beverly to a two year way over value deal to fill the PG spot until the summer of 2021 when the team might have cap space for a player worth huge money.

Trade Yabu and picks for Saric(not my idea but I really like it).

Use the cap space to trade for Adams or Schroder from OKC.

Use cap space to trade for Myers Leonard.

Look at ways to sign Seth Curry as an off the bench sharpshooter which this team desperately needs.

Go after players on vet min contracts that need to rebuild themselves after not developing to expectations. Herzonja, Lawawu-Cabarrot, Chriss come to mind.

Bring everyone back...Rozier, Morris, Theis and use the MLE to add to team.

Just some other options.

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2019, 04:16:32 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I don't think you rush to spend money this off season on long term deals.

THIS. Sign several guys to a 1 or 2 year deal so they have max money in 2021 for hopefully 2 FA in a loaded class. Do not tie up long term money

Thirding this. Only offer long money to a sure thing all star of need. If Al leaves I am down for signing guys to 1-2 year deals,  syncing with the end of Hayward's deal.

why?

Team would not have capspace of note at that point in time. Just because there will be expiring contracts doesnt equal to free agent signings.

I mean you have to account for Brown and TAtum extensions, as well as any rookies and mle signings over the next couple of years.