Author Topic: PG13 & Carmelo: 12 points combined in game 6  (Read 3825 times)

Re: PG13 & Carmelo: 12 points combined in game 6
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2018, 10:16:01 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
safe to say the Pacers robbed OKC in the pg13 trade? at the time I thought they got poor value for PG13,

but the two pieces of that trade...Oladipo/Sabonis have fared much better in Indiana than Paul has done in OKC.

and while those two guys are locked up....I have a feeling PG13 is leaving.

Yeah I think George leaves. In which case, IND robs them. But even if PG13 stays, I still think IND wins the trade. Sabonis is no scrub at all either, and Oladipo you could argue is a few years away from being a legit superstar in the league. Considering the circumstances leading to the George trade, IND absolutely nailed it.

You're right about Oladipo being a superstar..I think he has the work ethic and physical tools to be a top 5 guard in the NBA...it also helps that he's out of OKC where he could have never blossomed in westbrooks shadow.

Sidenote - imagine Durant stayed and a then OKC made the Paul George trade...Westbrook/George/Durant/Kanter/Adams...oh my

Oladipo was by far my favorite player from the 2013 draft.  Super hard worker, humble, excellent defensive player, and an elite athlete.  After last season I thought he had plateaued as a very good two-way player who couldn't be anything more than the 3rd best offensive player on a great team.  I couldn't have been more wrong!!! 

He can attack the rim like Westbrook and plays under significantly more control.  Long story short, Oladipo can contribute to winning in so many different ways.