Author Topic: Celtics Need another Team Meeting  (Read 5286 times)

Re: Celtics Need another Team Meeting
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2019, 11:04:06 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I'm tired of reading excuses.  This team has a problem.  One of those problems is Jaylen's attitude.

Please, that is an imaginary issue.

Morris playing for a contract, Terry playing for a contract, Horford aging and not being able to man the center position, Hayward being garbage and baynes being out are all FAR FAR larger issues than Jaylen getting p---ed in a time out.

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 11:23:13 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Let me get this straight the C's lose an away game on the second night if a back to back against a playoff team and the C's need a team meeting? The team lost a game that most unbiased observers expect to be a tough game to win and the sky is falling?

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2019, 11:23:55 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Last night was a classic "road game the evening after a big win at home."

I'm not gonna freak out about it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2019, 11:37:14 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Also, it really felt like everything Miami tossed up went in. Like Derrick Jones banking a half court shot? Back breaking lucky play. Winslow looking like Ray Allen out there? OK.
#JKJB

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2019, 11:44:21 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
If the team needs another meeting, then we might as well quit now.  Team meetings are for losing teams.

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2019, 12:06:01 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
We definitely do not need another meeting. Is the sky going to be falling every time we lose a game? Back to back nights from home to the road and we lost in Miami. Big Deal. This month has been great so far. I am sure not going to be worrying after last night just as I have not been that worried all year long.

Hayward has an awesome week and one bad game and suddenly he sucks and needs to be traded again. Brown and Morris has a little tiff and suddenly Brown is an imaginary problem now. Teammates fight with each other, this is nothing new and surely no big deal.

Every loss does not define a team and every win does not either. In the end, we need to win more games then the team we play to move on in the postseason. We are 25-16 on pace for over 50 wins as we work into a more consistent rhythm. We are surely in a better place then we were in the first month of the season.  The sky is surely not falling right now.

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Heat also beat the Bucks and the Nuggets.
We are still #2 in Net rating. 
Cant win them all.

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2019, 01:12:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We won several games in a row and laid an egg the last game, and one wakes up to this "Sky is falling" mentality.

Horford and our bench played horribly, we were beat at our own game, I liked us when we played more physical and we are too finesse last night.  But I think it is too early for another team meeting.   It is a long season.

Except why are you laying an egg against the lowly heat?

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2019, 02:51:02 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
We won several games in a row and laid an egg the last game, and one wakes up to this "Sky is falling" mentality.

Horford and our bench played horribly, we were beat at our own game, I liked us when we played more physical and we are too finesse last night.  But I think it is too early for another team meeting.   It is a long season.

On the back end of a home/away back to back?

Yeah, it's overreaction.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2019, 03:54:33 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
If the team needs another meeting, then we might as well quit now.  Team meetings are for losing teams.

This team isn’t on the same page. Young guys looking for that first big contract and vets looking to win a championship. The biggest obstacle to getting to the Finals is the locker room. #WETOODEEP legitimately

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2019, 03:58:56 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

the heat are a playoff team they're not the Cavs.

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2019, 04:13:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Loss to Miami was disappointing, but not time to panic (again). Miami played a heckuva game last night.

Let's right the ship with a win in Orlando, and exhale!!

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2019, 04:44:04 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

the heat are a playoff team they're not the Cavs.

Only because it's the Eastern Conference and you HAVE to have 8 teams in the playoffs. They came into last night 1 game below .500 overall and 3 games below .500 at home.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2019, 05:59:42 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
How many team meetings are they supposed to have?

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2019, 06:01:45 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'm tired of reading excuses.  This team has a problem.  One of those problems is Jaylen's attitude.

Please, that is an imaginary issue.

Morris playing for a contract, Terry playing for a contract, Horford aging and not being able to man the center position, Hayward being garbage and baynes being out are all FAR FAR larger issues than Jaylen getting p---ed in a time out.

Horford is not a center, Hayward has been playing better and the team has been doing fine without Baynes (including winning 7 out of their last 10 games)  So........

And just because a guy is playing well during a contract year, that automatically means he's playing for a contract? Funny, I remember Morris playing pretty well during the last 2 months of last season into the playoffs.