Author Topic: Celtics Need another Team Meeting  (Read 5344 times)

Re: Celtics Need another Team Meeting
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2019, 06:29:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm tired of reading excuses.  This team has a problem.  One of those problems is Jaylen's attitude.

Please, that is an imaginary issue.

Morris playing for a contract, Terry playing for a contract, Horford aging and not being able to man the center position, Hayward being garbage and baynes being out are all FAR FAR larger issues than Jaylen getting p---ed in a time out.
The only actual problem you sort of identified was Terry sucking. I don’t think he’s playing for a contract, it’s just his style of play.

Morris is quite obviously not doing that. These criticisms of Horford were nowhere to be seen after the Indy game. Hayward continues to improve and has had a really good January, so that one is just nonsense, and Baynes being hurt has hurt us a bit, but not more so than JB’s roller coaster attitude
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2019, 06:44:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
with our talent we kind of expect t owin every game, but we were only 2 point favorites last night per vegas (and they like us a lot). Miami has played a lot better the last month and are not an awful team.

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2019, 08:38:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
with our talent we kind of expect t owin every game, but we were only 2 point favorites last night per vegas (and they like us a lot). Miami has played a lot better the last month and are not an awful team.

good points

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2019, 03:00:27 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I love our coach, but he's the only one that can make this group fearless and dangerous at same time. He's not doing that right now. I'm not saying he's not trying.

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2019, 05:32:02 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Let me get this straight the C's lose an away game on the second night if a back to back against a playoff team and the C's need a team meeting? The team lost a game that most unbiased observers expect to be a tough game to win and the sky is falling?

Welcome to CelticsStrong  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2019, 10:21:03 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I'm like a broken record. This team is soft and takes too many 3s. They don't get to the FT line with leads and don't to the FT in deficits.

This offense sucks for the talent and versatility they have. Steven's needs to figure out the strengths and start being more firm with shot selection. Smart and Horford should be the leaders of the team.

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2019, 10:26:44 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Kyrie was p---ED after the game tonight.

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2019, 10:31:49 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Maybe he should sit a few games. 😊

I keep saying, it doesn't matter how many points you score being a leader takes certain qualities.

It sounds like the vets are sick of the young guys inconsistency.

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2019, 10:49:59 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
They don’t need another team meeting but they do need to start playing better on the road, especially the bench. I haven’t checked the stats but I would think that Rozier and Brown play particularly bad on road games.

At home the ball movement is crisp and guys play for each other. That shows up less on the road
- LilRip

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2019, 11:26:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Maybe he should sit a few games. 😊

I keep saying, it doesn't matter how many points you score being a leader takes certain qualities.

It sounds like the vets are sick of the young guys inconsistency.

thats why we could n t beat Bron last year .  Could not win even one game in Cleveland .  But, figured they would be more war tuff and do better on the road .  But theyn are worse I think.  And Hayward , has lots of years experience , and he is not playing at a consistent high level on the road . I think Haywards struggling and not asuming an alpha leader role is killing the team.  I think everybody thought he dbe more of a leader , pulling the team together talking to them , grabbing the ball making a play .  He is very disappointing .

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2019, 12:02:10 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Or maybe it's just a Boston thing where they can't seem to win in Florida for some strange reason.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)