Author Topic: The Concept of Trading High and Why Fans Obviously Hate It  (Read 4080 times)

Re: The Concept of Trading High and Why Fans Obviously Hate It
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2019, 01:11:57 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Fans don't hate trading high.  Fans just have differences of opinions on player values.  Do you think Doncic is the best player in the draft with a good chance of becoming a top level star?  Do you think Brown is likely to be a multi-year all-star?  How you answer those questions determines whether trading Brown for Doncic would be trading high.
bill Simmons going from reacting violently to the idea of trading brown for a top 5 pick in a good draft - to wanting to dump brown for the #17 pick in a bad draft... is still a great summary of how fans react to trading a player when their stock is high vs when their stock is low. 

If fans had it their way, they’d give up rozier for a late 2nd round pick right now.
Simmons isn't a normal fan.  He is an emotional nut bag that over hyperbolizes everything.
Sounds like a perfectly normal fan to me....

That's what happens after you spend enough time here... ;)

Mike

Re: The Concept of Trading High and Why Fans Obviously Hate It
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2019, 01:15:20 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I've argued before that a Morris for Kaminsky trade seemingly makes a lot of sense for both the Celtics and Hornets.  That is the type of trade I would be looking at.

Frank an't worth a pack of peanuts , he ll be in Japan soon enough

I'm not so sure. Rumor has it that Danny is offering our first round pick this year and in 2021, along with the picks that we are owed from Memphis, LA and Sacramento (as many as six picks), in exchange for Kaminsky.

Mike