Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1001220 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft DRAFT THREAD
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
So, if I'm understanding correctly:  Every GM is willing to trade their first rounder, so long as they get good value?

Shocking.  :o

;)

(Unsolicited advice to McHales Pits:  Don't get cute.  Draft Lebron #1, put him next to at least one other star, and enjoy your championship.  Don't trade out of the #1 under any circumstances.

Haha!

Thanks for the usolicited advice. I was going to say my 1st rounder is definitely not available. So only 24/25 are...happy hunting though.

As for my "guaranteed" championship - here in Minnesota, we stress humility as a pillar in our culture. No one is going to give it to me, it must be earned. Drafting Lebron #1 certainly has its advantages as he is - without question in my mind - the most dominant basketball player in the game today. But in the remainder of the draft, it will be important to find players that can mesh with his game to form a complete team.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 12:19:07 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I am - however - searching for someone willing to swap an early 3rd rounder for some of my later picks.

I'd be willing to give up my 4th/5th or if back-to-back picks are wanted (valuable chance to snag two players of your choice without waiting) I would give up my 5th/6th and a late rounder.

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 12:23:37 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I think I speak for gomesfan in saying we are not looking to move our 11th pick but listening to all offers.  Thanks!

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2013, 12:30:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just did my top 25 players and it looks like the talent will be running hard all the way into the top of the third round.

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2013, 12:30:56 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

(Unsolicited advice to McHales Pits:  Don't get cute.  Draft Lebron #1, put him next to at least one other star, and enjoy your championship.  Don't trade out of the #1 under any circumstances.
Good advice!!!

No, not good at all. You'll be drafting last the 2nd and 3rd. It'll be hard to find that "star" that Roy mentioned. Those guys are going to fly fast.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2013, 12:33:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Good advice!!!

No, not good at all. You'll be drafting last the 2nd and 3rd. It'll be hard to find that "star" that Roy mentioned. Those guys are going to fly fast.
Right, which is why he should try to trade up from his 2nd/3rd round picks.

Roy never said stand pat beyond the first overall pick.

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Wow you guys are telling me stuff I didn't know already...thanks  ;)

Apologies for being a sarcastic jerk. As President/GM of the Minnesota Timberwolves, I have issued an undisclosed fine to myself.

I looked at last years draft to get an idea of which players went where (obviously without 12 months of hindsight).

I also have players in mind who would be great fits here in Minnesota and where I would likely be able to select them. I will do what is necessary to acquire those players or other players with similar skill sets.

Again - I am looking to acquire a mid/late 2nd Rd pick or an early 3rd rounder. I'm willing to give up the valuable back-to-back picks in the 5th/6th rounds. Send offers if interested.

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2013, 12:43:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If I was someone picking in the top 3-4 of the draft, I would be trying to move 3rd and another pick to jump into the top of the 3rd or bottom of the 2nd round. I think people will be surprised at the quality of player that will still be available in that area.

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
If I was someone picking in the top 3-4 of the draft, I would be trying to move 3rd and another pick to jump into the top of the 3rd or bottom of the 2nd round. I think people will be surprised at the quality of player that will still be available in that area.

I think their will be value even up to the 4th round.

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Wow you guys are telling me stuff I didn't know already...thanks  ;)

Apologies for being a sarcastic jerk. As President/GM of the Minnesota Timberwolves, I have issued an undisclosed fine to myself.

I looked at last years draft to get an idea of which players went where (obviously without 12 months of hindsight).

I also have players in mind who would be great fits here in Minnesota and where I would likely be able to select them. I will do what is necessary to acquire those players or other players with similar skill sets.

Again - I am looking to acquire a mid/late 2nd Rd pick or an early 3rd rounder. I'm willing to give up the valuable back-to-back picks in the 5th/6th rounds. Send offers if interested.

I will also offer this same package and add cash considerations. (TPs)  :D

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Wasn't there a 26th GM?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2013, 02:20:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Just out of curiosity, can I expect this to be another draft where there s a coaches draft, yet the coach doesn't actually have any bearing on anything?

If so, I refuse to participate in such non-sense.  I'll be the defacto coach then.

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Just out of curiosity, can I expect this to be another draft where there s a coaches draft, yet the coach doesn't actually have any bearing on anything?

If so, I refuse to participate in such non-sense.  I'll be the defacto coach then.

Yup, thats why I have always pushed for no coaches.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2013, 02:34:25 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Pick 21 on the block

A 2nd and a 3rd and some pick swapping in later rounds will get you my first

Have gotten a few offers. Some I move up and most I move down. I'll definitely be choosing one over the weekend. This pick is on the move, so keep the offers coming.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2013, 02:39:35 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Yup, thats why I have always pushed for no coaches.

Here here. Even though my coach made my arguments a bit stronger last year,  he still wasnt a factor.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace