Author Topic: The happy to be in this position thread  (Read 2538 times)

The happy to be in this position thread
« on: June 22, 2017, 06:54:57 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Hey guys, just wanted to throw out a happiness thread as everyone falls into their respective path clubs.

I like everyone else has their preferences, yet I am happy with whatever direction the franchise takes.

Let's say they trade the pick for Porzingis. Yaaaaay 21 year old 7'3 unicorn. Dont crazy overpay and we are good to go.

Draft Jackson and trade him at a later date, or hope he develops into the slashing system, point forward, hyper athlete he could become? Gravy

Trade for PG13 or Butler? We are an elite team at that point. We probably don't have to give up every avenue to improve, and we get a season of convincing PG13 he is one of the Celtics greats. Plus we get to see LeBron pee his pants.

Draft Tatum? Awesome. Potential to be a top 5 scoring swing in the league. Great attitude, Celtic personality all the way.

Even Isaac could be fun going forward.

Basically I believe in Ainge to do what is best for the franchise, I believe in Stevens to get the best out of whatever talent he has, and I believe in Celtics nation to fall in love with whatever direction the ship heads.

#JKJB

Re: The happy to be in this position thread
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:00:03 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I'd give you 10 TPs for creating this thread if I could.

I feel like we're playing with house money and thus I don't really get the moaning. I love Fultz game and would have loved to see him in Green. But I think Ainge has a long term plan and he thought that he could get close to equal value at 3 (or make it easier to make a trade) plus get another lottery choice down the road.

I'm pretty happy almost any way it shakes out tonight unless Danny does something extraordinarily stupid.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 07:04:52 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
I'd give you 10 TPs for creating this thread if I could.

I feel like we're playing with house money and thus I don't really get the moaning. I love Fultz game and would have loved to see him in Green. But I think Ainge has a long term plan and he thought that he could get close to equal value at 3 (or make it easier to make a trade) plus get another lottery choice down the road.

I'm pretty happy almost any way it shakes out tonight unless Danny does something extraordinarily stupid.

I mean you could set an alarm to give me one an hour.  8) jk

Seriously though, are franchise's options going forward are stacked. So many things could happen, so many trades to be made. All of this before 2 whacks at the top 4 next year (or a whack at 2-10 in 2019 ofc)
#JKJB

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 07:10:03 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Hey guys, just wanted to throw out a happiness thread as everyone falls into their respective path clubs.

I like everyone else has their preferences, yet I am happy with whatever direction the franchise takes.

Let's say they trade the pick for Porzingis. Yaaaaay 21 year old 7'3 unicorn. Dont crazy overpay and we are good to go.

Draft Jackson and trade him at a later date, or hope he develops into the slashing system, point forward, hyper athlete he could become? Gravy

Trade for PG13 or Butler? We are an elite team at that point. We probably don't have to give up every avenue to improve, and we get a season of convincing PG13 he is one of the Celtics greats. Plus we get to see LeBron pee his pants.

Draft Tatum? Awesome. Potential to be a top 5 scoring swing in the league. Great attitude, Celtic personality all the way.

Even Isaac could be fun going forward.

Basically I believe in Ainge to do what is best for the franchise, I believe in Stevens to get the best out of whatever talent he has, and I believe in Celtics nation to fall in love with whatever direction the ship heads.

TP....as soon the Nets finished with the worst record, I knew we were getting one of Fultz, Ball Jackson or Tatum… Ecstatic

Wi-win-win-win....even Isaac if we drop down

Great position and options available to us.....exciting times

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 07:11:51 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
As an organization, we are probably positioned better than any other single team not named the Warriors (excluding wherever LeBron's pinwheel ends.)

This is a masterclass in organizational building, and we get to watch.
#JKJB

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 07:15:36 PM »

Offline The_Truth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
If we get Jackson I'll be ok with either keeping him or trading for KP - In Danny we trust

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 07:21:50 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
As an organization, we are probably positioned better than any other single team not named the Warriors (excluding wherever LeBron's pinwheel ends.)

Yep.

And just remember that we also get Zizic and Yabu as well this coming year.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 07:25:40 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
TP. Everything that happens tonight is gravy on top of gravy, no matter what happens.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 07:27:45 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Great concept for a thread - we are in a pretty unique and fortunate position.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 07:33:14 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
Great concept for a thread - we are in a pretty unique and fortunate position.

This is the point I'm trying to make. I'll be honest, I'm 24, so I haven't seen entire eras of basketball yet like some here are blessed to have. Yet in my short span, this is probably the best GMing I've ever witnessed. I've seen the rise and fall of a championship, and the ascension to top 3 with unlimited potential, in what? 10ish years? Short of the spurs, Danny is one of the greatest GMs for contention specifically we have ever seen.

Go Celtics!
#JKJB

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 07:36:30 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff

Yep.

And just remember that we also get Zizic and Yabu as well this coming year.

This is what causes me to take pause. Danny has accumulated so many articulated assets, that BOTH Zizic and Yabu could bust, and we would still be the brightest shining franchise. It speaks volumes to Danny's ability to team build.
#JKJB

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 07:42:20 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
53 wins, the Eastern Conference Finals, young players still improving, the #3 pick in the draft, and a ton of additional picks coming in the next few seasons.

Yeah, I'm happy to be here.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008