Author Topic: Why did ESPN remove that article?  (Read 2763 times)

Why did ESPN remove that article?
« on: July 29, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
I read excerpts from the article.. And luckily a member on here was able to put the full article on a forum, so I read the whole thing...

But why take the article down? I didn't read anything damaging... It's like ESPN just doesn't want Lebron to have a bad image, and will take away any form of bad publicity... Geez..

P.S. I love Big Baby and his walking away shaking his head..
Yeeeaaaa!!!

Re: Why did ESPN remove that article?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:59:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
ESPN says the reporter didn't represent himself honestly/didn't say he was going to write an article or something similar.  They also said it was posted accidentally before clearing their editorial process.

http://deadspin.com/5599857/espn-killed-that-lebron-story-because-reporter-did-not-properly-identify-himself

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 09:17:08 PM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
ESPN says the reporter didn't represent himself honestly/didn't say he was going to write an article or something similar.  They also said it was posted accidentally before clearing their editorial process.

http://deadspin.com/5599857/espn-killed-that-lebron-story-because-reporter-did-not-properly-identify-himself

Yea, I was wondering how they got such a clear and close view of everything that happened and were able to report it publicly... Everything was so precise. I thought it was too good to get such a close account.. and now I see why. I bet he'll get fired or suspended... :(
Yeeeaaaa!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 09:32:05 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Maybe they thought it was boring and people really wouldn't care what Lebron did in Vegas. I mean its ESPN, should they really be publishing an article on the so-called King's night out?

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:13:14 PM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
yeah.. kinda like those leaked Afghan papers, nothing new or revealing, just kind of paints a picture of the nitty gritty details (in this case of Lebron's life)...

Funny to hear about baby's reaction, maybe he's "matured"?

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 11:34:19 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
It wasn't news merely gossip fodder.  I think even if the author correctly identified his intent, it would not have been intentionally published.  ESPN is not the National Enquirer or even TMZ.  That story had no business being on the ESPN site.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 12:11:20 AM »

Offline Celtics Insider

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
I hate the LeBron love from ESPN. LeBron CLEARLY has a HUGE ego, and whenever anyone calls him out on it, ESPN comes to his rescue. This journalist is now my favorite of all of them. Thank you for exposing this POS!
http://celticsinsider.freehostingcloud.com/
Celtics Insider - Your #1 Source For Anything And Everything Boston Celtics And NBA!

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 12:17:37 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
ESPN is not the National Enquirer or even TMZ.

But sadly they are becoming that...  Honestly, it's to the point I hate ESPN.  I don't watch sportscenter any more or any of their programming (outside of actual ballgames).  I can get all I need in 30 minutes of espnnews...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 05:32:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They created the hype but the story is far more impressive than the man.  I think the " king" is more a "jester".

ESPN generates the news not report it.

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 07:33:37 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
It wasn't news merely gossip fodder.  I think even if the author correctly identified his intent, it would not have been intentionally published.  ESPN is not the National Enquirer or even TMZ.  That story had no business being on the ESPN site.

For a personality like Lebron, it was news. Frankly, I found the piece far more informative than most of the regular stuff I read about him ad naseum.  It was actual reporting, too, not gossip. He was reporting what was going on, not speculating.  ESPN is an embarrassment for removing the story.

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 07:59:28 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I love it when ESPN pretends like it has a modicum of journalistic integrity when they clearly try to shape the news, not report it.

Was just wondering the other day what they'll try to pull to get their favorite college - Texas - into the BCS natty title game again.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 08:24:51 AM »

Offline Celtics Insider

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
And this isn't the first time either. Remember when Jordan Crawford dunked over LeBron, and the tapes were confiscated?
http://celticsinsider.freehostingcloud.com/
Celtics Insider - Your #1 Source For Anything And Everything Boston Celtics And NBA!