Author Topic: Pacers shopping Dunleavy, Ford  (Read 4554 times)

Re: Pacers shopping Dunleavy, Ford
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 11:37:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Boston receives Fernandez, Dunleavy, Cunningham
Portland receives Hansborough, Bos 1st
Indiana receives Sheed, Davis, Lafayette/Gaffney

or

Boston receives Fernandez, Dunleavy
Portland receives Ford, Gaffney/Lafayette
Indiana receives Sheed, Miller, Davis, Bos 1st

Makes the Celtics to light at the PF/C spot and to heavy at the sg/sf spot.  Boston needs only one of Fernandez/Dunleavy. 

I would take Dunleavy/Hansborough and then look to sign a vet min C as a spare.
Ray and Pierce are both getting up there, it certainly wouldn't hurt to give Rudy and Mike a run to see if either can be a long term replacement.  I also don't think it hurts to have depth.  One injury or foul trouble in the playoffs can kill you if you don't have depth. 

I'd be more then happy with either of those trades, then see if you can work something out to get Shaq to add interior depth.  I'd also try to get Admundson for the minimum.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 11:45:28 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Hansborough? If that guy ever has on green then I'll stop watching ball until he's gone.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 11:48:56 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

or

Makes the Celtics to light at the PF/C spot and to heavy at the sg/sf spot.  Boston needs only one of Fernandez/Dunleavy. 

Ray and Pierce are both getting up there, it certainly wouldn't hurt to give Rudy and Mike a run to see if either can be a long term replacement.  I also don't think it hurts to have depth.  One injury or foul trouble in the playoffs can kill you if you don't have depth. 

I'd be more then happy with either of those trades, then see if you can work something out to get Shaq to add interior depth.  I'd also try to get Admundson for the minimum.

What good is it to have to much depth at SG/SF when there are only two playable big men?

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 12:07:08 AM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
Hansborough is like a giant white moth....he works hard but does nothing of value...just flitters around the basket....similar to the Ostertag Moth

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 12:07:59 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Hansborough is like a giant white moth....he works hard but does nothing of value...just flitters around the basket....similar to the Ostertag Moth

If you think so.  I thought Hansborough was pretty good last year.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 12:09:22 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
If Boston gets Rudy, the C's have good wing depth (Ray, Paul, Quis, Rudy, Wafer, possibly Bradley), so there's not point in getting Rudy AND Dunleavy -- just one or the other, and I think Rudy would require less to obtain, maybe just a couple picks. Then Boston could ship Sheed, Lafayette & Gaffney to CLE for Shaq.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 05:45:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I doubt we will be getting Rudy with Von Wafer signing now.   I could see us going in this direction.  Larry is under fire, just got voted worst GM by a publication didn't he.  Maybe he too will take one for the C's and help us out one time before he bails like Kevin did.

Hansbrough is a hard work but he is undersized and shoots a very low FG%.  Dunleavy I would like to have in green.  I could see the Pacers blowing it up and trying to get a top pick.

Hansborough/Dunleavy for Sheed, Gaffnay, Lafayette and Davis works.  Not sure I would do it though as Big Baby is our best bench big.   Only way I see it happening is if we got Shaq locked up.  I would rather have McRoberts than Hansbrough too.  Much more length than Hansborough.  So that would be Dunleavy/Hansbrough for Big Baby, Gaffney and Sheed.  Still a reach at best and I don't know if I would do it.  I don't think I would.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:04:43 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 06:57:54 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

or

What good is it to have to much depth at SG/SF when there are only two playable big men?
sign Shaq and someone like Admundson and you have 4 playable big men.  Hell the team only has 3 playable big men right now. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 12:09:47 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

or

sign Shaq and someone like Admundson and you have 4 playable big men.  Hell the team only has 3 playable big men right now. 

How do you sign Shaq when he is looking for 8 million a year? 

Correct, 3 playable big men.  That means don't trade any of them out unless a replacement is coming back.  The team needs to add one at the vet min or get one in a trade. 

There just isn't that many minutes behind Pierce and Ray to give enough to both Dunleavy and Fernandez to the point they are happy.  (not to mention Daniels, Weaver and Bradley all looking for minutes as well)