Author Topic: Delonte West  (Read 13598 times)

Re: Delonte West
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 08:34:57 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'd rather have Tony Allen back, to tell you how much I want no part of Delonte West.

I'll second that.  I'll even add that I'd rather have Eddie House back before Delonte West.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 08:35:53 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Well if were putting together a video montage of Delonte West, we cannot leave this one out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Jr1JLg8Lc

I really love the guy, but his baggage can really be a distraction in an already sensitive locker room.

I have been on the fence for a while on whether I would bring him back. I think I even started a thread at one point this offseason suggesting we bring him back if we could get him for the minimum. Unless there is evidence that he has improved his mental state, I dont think we should bring him in. This video is very revealing.

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 09:30:20 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'd rather have Tony Allen back, to tell you how much I want no part of Delonte West.

I'll second that.  I'll even add that I'd rather have Eddie House back before Delonte West.

I'll have to think over Delonte, but by no means is he a worse option than Eddie House. Eddie House can't play alongside Nate Robinson. Can't. Not as in 'I don't think it would work,' but as in, there is literally no possibility for these two players to share the court at the same time.

Especially when it's so crucial to relieve minutes for Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. We can't possibly afford to have two bench players who wouldn't be able to be on the court at the same time.

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 10:23:11 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald

I'll second that.  I'll even add that I'd rather have Eddie House back before Delonte West.

I'll have to think over Delonte, but by no means is he a worse option than Eddie House. Eddie House can't play alongside Nate Robinson. Can't. Not as in 'I don't think it would work,' but as in, there is literally no possibility for these two players to share the court at the same time.

Especially when it's so crucial to relieve minutes for Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. We can't possibly afford to have two bench players who wouldn't be able to be on the court at the same time.

I didn't say he was worse than Eddie, I just said I'd rather have Eddie, mainly because I think Delonte is a lunatic and is not a good enough player to be worth the risk.  Oh, and Delonte is lucky he got caught before he got to where he was going and shot somebody.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 10:41:19 AM »

Offline FrDrake

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
I'm pretty sure that Delonte would toe the line if he resigned.  Remember he was pretty effective in Boston but that was before KG and Ray arrived (obviously, he was in the trade for Ray.)  The entire culture of the team has changed and I don't think Delonte is going to be challenging the authority of Doc, KG, Rondo or Pierce in this locker room.

He could definitely fit in as a backup to Pierce and Allen.  Also, he could complement Nate well as a bigger defender and ball handler.

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 11:10:45 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
I'm pretty sure that Delonte would toe the line if he resigned.  Remember he was pretty effective in Boston but that was before KG and Ray arrived (obviously, he was in the trade for Ray.)  The entire culture of the team has changed and I don't think Delonte is going to be challenging the authority of Doc, KG, Rondo or Pierce in this locker room.

He could definitely fit in as a backup to Pierce and Allen.  Also, he could complement Nate well as a bigger defender and ball handler.

Do you know Delonte?  If not, you have no way of knowing that and he is not good enough anyway to take the risk on.  There's no way I would trust him.

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 11:12:23 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

He doesn't really complement Nate because Delonte is an undersized 2. Sure, he is bigger than Nate, but who isn't? Unless you mean complement in the sense that he is a different option off of the bench at PG when we don't think Nate would be a good idea.

As many have said, the problem with Delonte is he is emotionally unstable. The majority of players in the league aren't going to challenge the authority of the coach or the top players, so that isn't a bid deal. But not knowing when he will have a breakdown is.

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »

Offline FrDrake

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43

Do you know Delonte?  If not, you have no way of knowing that and he is not good enough anyway to take the risk on.  There's no way I would trust him.

Oh I see.  The new criteria for posting an opinion on this board is you have to KNOW the player in question.  Thanks for clarifying that for me.  Everyone will now please log off of the Celtics forum.

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 11:30:55 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Delonte West is a good defender and he would be made to look even better on this team.

He would give us three players in our second unit who have enough handle to run the point and have previously done so, this is huge for ball movement.

Delonte can shoot pretty well which would mesh Nate on the second unit.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2409
Delonte West would be an upgrade. He is one of the better backup guards in the league.

I'd be delighted to have him back in Boston ... but I think he'll have better offers (playing time wise, possibly financially too) elsewhere. So I don't really see him as a realistic option.

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 11:48:38 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Unprofessional. 

Well, when your best player leads in the unprofessionalism the role players tend to follow.  RE:  The ridiculous narccisist posing for "pictures". etc etc etc etc. 

But I'm with people who can't excuse his behavior off the court.  How many games has he missed because of his own stupidity?

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 12:14:54 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Bring him back for cheap. In 09' outside of Lebron he was the only one who brought something in Orlando series. Sure he got some issues but most of these guys do. West's issues are just known.

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 05:14:12 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Delonte West would be an upgrade. He is one of the better backup guards in the league.

I'd be delighted to have him back in Boston ... but I think he'll have better offers (playing time wise, possibly financially too) elsewhere. So I don't really see him as a realistic option.

Due to y ast year playoff promiss I will NOt say anything good about delonte west until he wears green
but

who

Knows.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 05:34:51 PM »

Online csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Can't wait to hear the Garden chants when the Heat come in and Delonte and LeBroid are on the floor at the same time. Something like, "C'mon Delonte, do Lebron like you did his mother" or something along those lines. We can be merciless to the opposition in the Jungle. Just ask J Kidd. Not that I would condone it....just sayin'

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
He busts his tail on both ends of the floor and is a decent shooter.  That's enough for me.  If he misses games it won't be a big deal.  We've got Bradley, Marquis and possibly Eddie, or someone else, to backup the 2 guard spot....Nate might even get some minutes there....

Pretty sure if all the bi-polars in the U.S. stayed home from work tomorrow, the economy would tank......