24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 147981 times)

Re: Rumor: Kobe Bryant recruiting Kyrie Irving to join Lakers
« Reply #1035 on: May 28, 2019, 05:28:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yes, and Bucher claims Brooklyn is a favorite because Kyrie bought a house in South Orange, NJ. That's like saying Kyrie is definitely coming back to Boston because he bought a house in Providence, RI. It's really not that close. But that's all it takes to get gullible folks to give them their clicks and pingbacks.

buying real property.....means little

these stars probably have a house/condo in like 5 cities

« Reply #1036 on: May 28, 2019, 05:29:47 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
These rumors about other players "recruiting" Kyrie are strange to me ...

Does Kyrie seem like the kind of guy who is going to be "recruited"?

Seems to me that he's going to choose wherever he wants to go and it's going to based on his own inscrutable internal thought processes.  It won't be a result of anybody else's influence.

I agree he won't be easy to influence

but don't forget he grew up idolizing Kobe...so if anybody has a little "pull"

Just reaching so far trying to get a rise/debate out of nothing...

Literally almost every young player that grew up in the early 1990's, idolized Bryant, and MJ. Now you got kids that are early 2000's, who idolize LeBron. The cycle of life continues.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #1037 on: May 28, 2019, 05:30:31 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I suppose I am the bitter cavs fan who checks up on Kyrie to see if he is another team's problem. Feels good when a guy gets want he wants, but it didn't exactly turn out the way he wanted it. The grass is not always greener on the other side, eh Kyrie?

However, did he truly get what he wanted? To be fair, no, he did not. BOS was not one of his preferred teams. Now, Boston fans see why.

He does not fit with your coach's system. You can't have it both ways. You cannot have a championship team where the best player doe not fit. You cannot say he does not fit, while expecting a team led by him to be in the finals.

This is not a Kyrie problem, because you all know who he is. It is a Ainge problem by taking a gamble on a guy who never would mesh with Brad. It looks like it may work sometimes because Kyrie is a great player, so he pulls you guys in. It was fools gold all along. The ups and downs were two opposing forces. Kyrie vs the system.

With that said, I think he is stays. Maybe he comes back home, to the Cavs hahaha. Wishful thinking. Ainge is smart, so I do think there is a chance he comes back to Boston. You do not let a superstar champion walk. You do whatever to keep him there. Plus money talks. Kyrie will take the money. I think Boston cleans house, rid the team away of the young guys except Tatum, who imo, is your second best player.

If memory serves me, over the last 40 or so years, only one team without a superstar won a title. Within the last 11, 11 teams with a superstar won titles, & Kyrie was one of those players who beat a team whom is now terrorizing the league.

One of those teams who won in past 11 years were a Celtics squad who did whatever they could to bring superstars to play with their lone superstar. Sound familiar?

I know you guys like Brown & Terry, but if they could not get past our lottery team with a sole superstar who cannot make the postseason out west, they have no chance to even get out of the East.
He sure is in a better position than he was before, were he would be stuck on a garbage Cavs team with a bunch of albatross contracts and no young talent. I don't think there is a single great player that would wish they were back in Cleveland.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #1038 on: May 28, 2019, 05:32:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
LOL go to the Lakers if he wants to

Love Kobe but neither HE nor Magic are walking through those doors to drag LeBron to the finish line again..............

BKN made the playoffs this year but it's no guarantee they'll be back there next year....

« Reply #1039 on: May 28, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Seems to me that he's going to choose wherever he wants to go and it's going to based on his own inscrutable internal thought processes.  It won't be a result of anybody else's influence.

Literally almost every young player that grew up in the early 1990's, idolized Bryant, and MJ. Now you got kids that are early 2000's, who idolize LeBron. The cycle of life continues.

Exactly. Tatum idolizes him too. Should we just assume now that he's going to eventually leave Boston to play for the Lakers?

I just don't see a scenario where Kyrie goes to LA to play with Lebron. Did anyone read that ESPN article today? Kyrie requested a trade to get away from that circus in Cleveland, I just don't see him willingly going back to it. Especially when there are far better options out there.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1040 on: May 28, 2019, 05:34:25 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
I keep hearing that Kyrie didn't fit Brad's system but what's that based on? He's coming off two career seasons and he just earned second team all-NBA. https://on.nba.com/2weN9R5

Yes, Kyrie struggled in the last 4 games against the Bucks, but we just saw Giannis struggle in 4 straight against the Raptors. Is he now a bad fit in Budenholzer's system?

« Reply #1041 on: May 28, 2019, 05:40:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

there is a difference between idolizing but also having a relationship with that person

look there is a lot of smoke out now on Irving

but Irving is not "helping" to die this down, being in LA, wining and dining with Lebron etc.

« Reply #1042 on: May 28, 2019, 05:41:55 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I don't know that Kyrie will leave or that he won't. I'm not even sold on the notion that the Celts 100% want him back. If Danny & Wyc think it's a Brad or Kyrie issue, then Kyrie may be already as good as gone.

But what I am confident of is that KI, AD, and any of the other potentially available stars aren't going to LAL, regardless of what Kobe says or does. Maybe Jimmy Butler will, but I doubt it. Calling LAL a dumpster fire is an insult to the NYK. No one in their right mind is hitching their wagon to Lebron's aging wagon, especially not for that toilet of an organization.

« Reply #1043 on: May 28, 2019, 05:46:25 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

there is a difference between idolizing but also having a relationship with that person

look there is a lot of smoke out now on Irving

but Irving is not "helping" to die this down, being in LA, wining and dining with Lebron etc.

No one cared when he was in LA last offseason or the offseason before that. Because he lives there.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #1044 on: May 28, 2019, 05:47:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I'm going to use this to rant on today's "media."

So somebody wrote a whole article based on a tweet taken from a convo from a tv/radio show.  The author added absolutely nothing new, and even got the simple facts wrong.  "Irving is a Brooklyn native..."

"Articles" like that are such trash.  Take a quote from somebody, add fluff to the beginning ("Kobe retired in '16, the Lakers haven't made the playoffs since '13 yada yada yada) insert quote in the middle, and then add fluff to the end (Kyrie is a big name free agent, if Lakers don't sign him they might not get better), and publish your article.  It's just garbage.

Now the Bucher quote is worth discussing sure, but no need to go through those garbage sites that offer nothing additional to the story or further insight.  Don't give those crap sites clicks, it just encourages them.  Better to just link the twitter quote if you want to kick off discussion. 

Okay rant over.

I agree with this. This is a garbage story/link thread and I wish we didn't have this kind of stuff here. It is especially funny to share it today on a day an actual investigative piece on t he Lakers office comes out with a lot of substance....

« Reply #1045 on: May 28, 2019, 05:56:59 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

Love Kobe but neither HE nor Magic are walking through those doors to drag LeBron to the finish line again..............

BKN made the playoffs this year but it's no guarantee they'll be back there next year....

"Love Kobe"??   Wow.  I can acknowledge his greatness as a player -- but a C's fan loving a Laker is difficult for me to process.   That said, if KI does join LBJ I'll do what I always do -- root for that franchise to  implode as much as possible.  Lakers always rebound of course, as they can just wait it out for the next generation of stars who want to play there, but I am hoping the Lebron experiment becomes an unmitigated disaster.

« Reply #1046 on: May 28, 2019, 05:57:11 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Kyrie heading to the Nets?

Not sure how true this is but a reporter by the name of Ric Bucher is reporting that Kyrie has bought a home in South Orange, NJ (15-20 min from the Nets practice facility).

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-05-28-ric-bucher-says-the-lakers-nets-are-the-favorites-to-land-kyrie-irving/

"Ric says that Irving has purchased a new home in South Orange, NJ, which is only about 15 miles west of New York City. Coincidence for the Jersey native? Bucher doesn’t think so. Ric also reports that Kobe Bryant is heavily recruiting Kyrie to Los Angeles."

« Reply #1047 on: May 28, 2019, 05:57:20 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
rumors or no rumors

do pro Irving fans, really feel confident, this guy is going to be true to his words (prior season started) and resign with the Celtics?

Al Horford gives me at least some confidence, he may stay.... with Irving, it feels like flipping a coin with two heads (leaving).   It's up in the air now

Why should he stay where he isn't wanted. The best move is to leave. I am sure the savior Gordon Hayward will carry things forward with no problems.

The people that don't like Irving should be praying he leaves since they claim he was the problem. Why care where he ends up?

« Reply #1048 on: May 28, 2019, 06:13:28 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

"Love Kobe"??   Wow.  I can acknowledge his greatness as a player -- but a C's fan loving a Laker is difficult for me to process.   That said, if KI does join LBJ I'll do what I always do -- root for that franchise to  implode as much as possible.  Lakers always rebound of course, as they can just wait it out for the next generation of stars who want to play there, but I am hoping the Lebron experiment becomes an unmitigated disaster.

Yeah, I do (Kobe). I also love Magic and Kareem - from a competitive standpoint.

Don't worry NG - my disdain for The Lakers knows NO bounds and I am excited and in shock that they are going through what they are right now....

Seeing Kobe writhe in pain after James Posey gave him those famous "after the whistle" fouls during the 08 Finals brought me JOY............

Seeing him get the benefit of Dancin' Joey Crawford's refereeing during the 09-10 Finals brought me PAIN..........

Off-Topic but I miss Pose. Would LOVE to have him as one of CBS's assistants......

For TOO LONG the narrative has always seemingly been US (BOS) that has been in disarray. Thankfully - it's the Lakers now.

« Reply #1049 on: May 28, 2019, 06:17:20 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Kyrie heading to the Nets?

Not sure how true this is but a reporter by the name of Ric Bucher is reporting that Kyrie has bought a home in South Orange, NJ (15-20 min from the Nets practice facility).

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-05-28-ric-bucher-says-the-lakers-nets-are-the-favorites-to-land-kyrie-irving/

"Ric says that Irving has purchased a new home in South Orange, NJ, which is only about 15 miles west of New York City. Coincidence for the Jersey native? Bucher doesn’t think so. Ric also reports that Kobe Bryant is heavily recruiting Kyrie to Los Angeles."

Just said this in another thread: Bucher claims Brooklyn is a favorite because Kyrie bought a house in South Orange, NJ. That's like saying Kyrie is definitely coming back to Boston because he bought a house in Providence, RI. It's really not that close. But that's all it takes to get gullible folks to give them their clicks and pingbacks.
2021 Houston Rockets