Author Topic: Woj: Nets are "strong front runners" to resign Brook Lopez and Thad Young  (Read 11738 times)

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Brooklyn is moving rapidly toward extensions with free agents Brook Lopez and Thad Young, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
Hear that?  It's the value of our "super valuable" Brooklyn picks farting into the wind.

They finished the season 13-6.   That's a 56 win pace.

13-6 not that impressive.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Says at least one source close to talks on expected 3/60M deal for Brook Lopez and 4/50M deal for Thad Young: "Consider them done deals"

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Is no one else even rumored to be making a hard push for these guys? If so, it makes me feel better that these guys are over valued and glad the Nets are keeping them.

As good as Lopez is on the block, he still hurts his team with his slow clunky defense. I'm curious what the stat gurus here can pull up on Lopez's defense.

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If the celtics do not improve a lot.. i think we will have at least 2 lottery picks..both ours and the nets.. bu?s cavs wizzards raptors hawks bucks heat are better than us.... and many teams fighting for one or two spots.. and i am not sure at all that even the mavs get to the playoffs... it is not easy to lose ellis rondo and chandler and bounce back in packed west

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Says at least one source close to talks on expected 3/60M deal for Brook Lopez and 4/50M deal for Thad Young: "Consider them done deals"

Beating me to every Twitter feed tonight, lol!

So much for the Nets going cheap this summer -- $20 mil per for Lopez, my goodness!

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Brooklyn is moving rapidly toward extensions with free agents Brook Lopez and Thad Young, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
Hear that?  It's the value of our "super valuable" Brooklyn picks farting into the wind.

We also went on a run at the end if the year that would had put us on a 55 win season or so.

There were 10 or so terrible teams last year. Even a horrible Pacers team won 9 straight when their schedule eased up.

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

So Brooklyn's players can be expected to continue on their end of the season pace despite the majority of those same players being responsible for the Nets' underwhelming season as of around early March, but Boston's players should only be expected to win about 40-45% of next season's games despite a predominantly fresh group of Celtic players finishing the last 30-35 games of the season with a .600+ winning percentage?

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

No... it's not.  But when you consider that Thad young joined the team at the deadline and they finished the final 19 games of the season strong, it's got to be mildly concerning.   One can make a direct connection between Brooklyn's improved play and the team gelling with Thad Young in the lineup.

I see their pick ending up 12-17 next year.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

No... it's not.  But when you consider that Thad young joined the team at the deadline and they finished the final 19 games of the season strong, it's got to be mildly concerning.   One can make a direct connection between Brooklyn's improved play and the team gelling with Thad Young in the lineup.

I still don't see them making the playoffs.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Like I've been saying, Brooklyn has no incentive to tank and they will do everything in their power to put out a decent record. I'm holding out hope like everyone else on this board, but let's be realistic here.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I still don't see them making the playoffs.

Also interesting is that they were experimenting with Brook on the bench until the final 22 games of the season.   The fact that Brook and Thad found a groove as they closed out the year is a little worrysome for our draft picks. 

But I don't blame you for scoffing at 19 games.   You know that doubtful reaction you're having?  I imagine that's exactly how free agents feel when they look at Boston's final 11 games (which we won 9)... "uhh... 11 games isn't all that impressive... it's not like your team is good now.  You were a bottom 10 team and accidentally made the playoffs.  Pass."  ... "oh and PS... you cost yourself Justise Winslow in the process."

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

a lot of teams with worse records have improved through the draft or are expected to through free agency. I think your projections are a bit high. I'll say 5-10.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

a lot of teams with worse records have improved through the draft or are expected to through free agency. I think your projections are a bit high. I'll say 5-10.
Rookies rarely make that much of a difference.  Other than the Knicks which East team has a chance to make significant improvement via free agency? 

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

We finished the season with the second best record in the NBA.

Forget this Free Agency nonsense - NBA finals here we come!!!

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yahoo Sources: The Brooklyn Nets finalizing agreements with Brook Lopez and Thad Young. http://yhoo.it/1IrTfyx

(Don't think anything new here, just his Yahoo article)