Author Topic: If Ray Allen wants too much money or years, C's would go after a young SG(Rumor)  (Read 6617 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://dimemag.com/2010/07/nba-rumors-joe-johnson-gets-a-max-offer-ray-allen-staying-in-boston/

* Another rumor gaining some moment is that the Celtics are going to
try and bring back unrestricted free agent Ray Allen, but if Ray’s price gets too high, look for the C’s to try and add youth to their roster. Sources have been reporting that a younger shooter, like Orlando’s J.J. Redick, could replace Allen.

I want the Cls to go after a young SG regardless if Ray comes back or not. They have to start adding some youth to this team and SG would be the perfect position to fill with a young MLE SG

Morrow or Reddick would be great fits, but I much rather them learn under Ray for a few years .
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:27:20 PM by rondohondo »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I want the Celtics to sign a young SG (or SF) too, regardless or Ray's return or not. This team desperately needs youth and especially youth which would allow Paul and Ray to rest during the season, by carrying the offensive load.

I would be thrilled to get a guy like Redick for the MLE but only as a backup for Ray/Pierce. If Redick is the replacement for Ray... we're in trouble. He is a perfect bench player but not so much as a starter in the sense that we wouldn't have anybody to play behind him, and Redick gives you minutes in limited time only (20-25 minutes per game I think).

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Not sure where all the hype for Reddick is coming from. He is so one dimensionsal. He compliments Howard well on Orlando but not Boston in my opinion. He isn't that much better then Eddie House. Reddick for the Mle would be a joke. He is way too undersised to play the 3 and is undersized for the two. He is not a good athlete and is a liability defense. He can shoot the three alright but isn't tops in the league, but he can shoot free throws well. Anthony Morrow is better in my opinion and has a higher ceiling. He is a better shooter also. Please do not use our MLE on Reddick and pursue Morrow instead. Reddick is a good 8th or 9th guy but not a good sixth man and defeinitely not a starter. You pay the full MLE for sixth men not 8th.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Not sure where all the hype for Reddick is coming from. He is so one dimensionsal. He compliments Howard well on Orlando but not Boston in my opinion. He isn't that much better then Eddie House. Reddick for the Mle would be a joke. He is way too undersised to play the 3 and is undersized for the two. He is not a good athlete and is a liability defense. He can shoot the three alright but isn't tops in the league, but he can shoot free throws well. Anthony Morrow is better in my opinion and has a higher ceiling. He is a better shooter also. Please do not use our MLE on Reddick and pursue Morrow instead. Reddick is a good 8th or 9th guy but not a good sixth man and defeinitely not a starter. You pay the full MLE for sixth men not 8th.

His defense has become very good the past two seasons.  His shot is great.

He was a better player then Carter against the Celtics.

He is a 6th man that is developing into a starting SG.  True he will never be a star.  Just a guy that will knock down open jump shots and play hard defense.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 543
I think the only problem with Reddick is he's a restricted FA, so Orlando can match any offer.  Doubt they'd let him come here.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I think the only problem with Reddick is he's a restricted FA, so Orlando can match any offer.  Doubt they'd let him come here.

That's what I think as well.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I hope if they move Ray it's part of a sign and trade. How about a 3 way in which Ray goes to a contender the contender gives Golden State some expirings to go along with GS getting Sheed. Then we get Morrow and Biedrins. We then use the MLE to grab another wing or Brendan Hayward.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline falconj

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
i'm not sure if i like JJ match up with Kobe or Wade

maybe for 5 mins a game.

they are gonna post him every single time to create double team

great bench player tho.

and can we stop taking any undersized player?

Nate + JJ + BBD = most undersized bench   

they are great bench players no doubt

but size does matter in NBA

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
i'm not sure if i like JJ match up with Kobe or Wade

maybe for 5 mins a game.

they are gonna post him every single time to create double team

great bench player tho.

and can we stop taking any undersized player?

Nate + JJ + BBD = most undersized bench   

they are great bench players no doubt

but size does matter in NBA

No problem.

Nate not likely coming back. 

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
If Ray leaves I desperately hope that we can include him as part of a sign and trade with Sheed to help get some quality bench players.

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
What about Quentin Richardson?  He's got good size at the 2, can hit the three and is certainly tough enough.  I think he'd be a great fit playing behind Ray or platooning the 2 with TA if Ray leaves.

Mike

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
What about Quentin Richardson?  He's got good size at the 2, can hit the three and is certainly tough enough.  I think he'd be a great fit playing behind Ray or platooning the 2 with TA if Ray leaves.

Mike
Quentin Richardson is bad and he went on record about how he doesn't like Pierce, Garnett or Allen.

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker

Mike
Quentin Richardson is bad and he went on record about how he doesn't like Pierce, Garnett or Allen.

In the playoffs against Boston, he played over 30 minutes a game, hit just over 40% from 3 and racked up nearly 10 pts, 4 boards and just over 1.5 assists a game.

And considering that QRich spent most of his career with the Clippers and Knicks and isn't going to have a lot of other contenders beating down his door, I'm pretty sure he'll kiss and make up with anyone he has to for a shot at a ring.

Mike

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Mike

In the playoffs against Boston, he played over 30 minutes a game, hit just over 40% from 3 and racked up nearly 10 pts, 4 boards and just over 1.5 assists a game.

And considering that QRich spent most of his career with the Clippers and Knicks and isn't going to have a lot of other contenders beating down his door, I'm pretty sure he'll kiss and make up with anyone he has to for a shot at a ring.

Mike
How many points did the person he's guarding score? The Celtics dared people not named Wade to score in that series. A lot of those 3's were wide open.

He is not a good defender, can not create his own shot and isn't fast enough to run around screens that would free him for a shot.

I wouldn't mind him at the vet min if there were almost no other options left.

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
The Celtics dared people not named Wade to score in that series. A lot of those 3's were wide open.

How many wide open 3s did Ray and Rasheed miss in the Finals?  The ability to hit a wide open 3 is something the Celtics could use coming off the bench.

Mike