Author Topic: Predict the new Rumor dominoes.  (Read 9199 times)

Re: Predict the new Rumor dominoes.
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think Portland is a dark hours for getting Davis.

Portland gets Davis and Hayward
gives McCollum, Pick 25, 2020 first, Harkless, Leonard

Lillard
Turner
Hayward
Davis
Nurkic

NOP gets
McCollum, Rozier (S&T starting 15 mill), Mo Harkless, Anfernee Simons, Pick 20, Pick 25, 2020 Portland First
Give: Davis, Jrue, Moore

Pelicans get youth, and allstar level player and multiple picks. Also save capspace.

Rozier
McCollum
Harkless
Zion
Randle - Resigned

Boston gets Jrue and Moore
gives: Hayward, pick 20, Rozier s&t

Boston adds a replacement PG/SG who is a terrific defender and a capable scorer.
you are just adamant that you're going to trade away Hayward as well as S&T Rozier regardless of the low-value of Hayward at the moment and the difficulties of making a S&T work under the current CBA.

having said that,  this deal sucks for the C's.  Hayward, if he were to ever be traded, should have recovered enough to be worth well more than just Jrue and Moore.   As crappy a season as Rozier had last year, he's still worth more than Moore.  Suggesting we give up a first rounder as well is just rubbing salt in the wound.

from the perspective of NO, the deal sucks for them too.  AD alone would be worth more than that package nevermind also giving up Jrue and Moore.   A solid starter, an up-and-down combo guard, 2 journeymen and 3 late first rounders.   They're better off taking Tatum, Smart, Yabu/Williams and the 3 C's picks (or exchanging the Mem pick for one of this year's picks).
cause team will be better without them, and that is why they should be traded,

Rozier should have been traded at deadline, but Danny has a mancrush on him for some reason.
C's wouldn't be better with Jrue and Moore in their place.  trading Hayward for pennies on the dollar is poor asset management.  I get you may not like his lack of productivity last year, most don't like it, but his market value is pretty low right now.  better to wait to see if he improves for next year which I suspect he will.  at that point, depending on the team's make-up, it may be worth trading him in a package for someone better looking to move from their team or he may be back to the player we originally signed.   if he hasn't improved, he's easier to move as an expiring deal and the C's come off looking like a franchise that's supportive of its injured players.  if he's still got issues next year, it's past the point where players in the league would see it as a negative move by the C's.

No argument on dumping Rozier but a S&T isn't happening.  the money manipulations required to make a S&T work under the current CBA makes it far too difficult to pull off and that's not even taking into account trying to move him for a player that'd be worth having on the team.  He's either going to be let go if Kyrie resigns (just like Danny did with Olynyk when trying to make room for Hayward) or he's going to be resigned if Kyrie leaves  (vomit).

Maybe Hayward will get better, but I am not sold that Allstar Utah Hayward in a system designed exclusively around him can get to that point on a team oriented basketball team like Boston.

Also I am not convinced that Hayward, at his best, is better than Jrue at his best.
Where do you get this idea that the Utah system when Hayward was there was built around him and not a team basketball system like ours?

Quin Snyder is a great coach with a great system. He didn't pull a Mike D'Antoni and give the ball to Hayward and let him do everything, D'Antoni does with Harden.

That last Utah team had 6 players with usage percentages between 21% to 27%. By comparison, this year's Celtic "team system" had only 5 players with usage %'s between 21% and 29%. Hayward's usage in Utah was less than Kyrie's here and only slightly higher than Hill and Hood's usage percentage when Hayward played with them in Utah.

As a reference, the Rockets, a team clearly built around Harden have Harden's usage % at 40%.

WHo had the highest usage on that team?

And who would have the highest usage on this team?

I cannot see how one cannot claim that Hayward was the absolute centerpiece of that team, hands down.

And on a team with Tatum, Brown, Horford he would/should not be the centerpiece.
Hayward was the#1 offensive option but that team wasn't built around him. There is a massive difference.

He didn't even take 16 shots a game. Only had a 27% usage rate. He only scoredBy comparison 5 points more per game than the next highest scoring player.

By comparison, Kyrie in Stevens' "team" system had a 29% usage, took 18.5 shots a game and scored almost 7 points a game more than the 2nd leading scorer. And as I said earlier, the Jazz had 6 high usage players, this Celtics team just 5.

I don't know why you are trying to paint a completely false narrative about Gordon in Utah, but Utah has and had a great team system. It wasn't some "superstar" system built around one player.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:21:47 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2019, 06:05:29 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Lillard
Turner
Hayward
Davis
Nurkic

NOP gets
McCollum, Rozier (S&T starting 15 mill), Mo Harkless, Anfernee Simons, Pick 20, Pick 25, 2020 Portland First

Pelicans get youth, and allstar level player and multiple picks. Also save capspace.

Rozier
McCollum
Harkless
Zion
Randle - Resigned

Boston adds a replacement PG/SG who is a terrific defender and a capable scorer.
you are just adamant that you're going to trade away Hayward as well as S&T Rozier regardless of the low-value of Hayward at the moment and the difficulties of making a S&T work under the current CBA.

having said that,  this deal sucks for the C's.  Hayward, if he were to ever be traded, should have recovered enough to be worth well more than just Jrue and Moore.   As crappy a season as Rozier had last year, he's still worth more than Moore.  Suggesting we give up a first rounder as well is just rubbing salt in the wound.

from the perspective of NO, the deal sucks for them too.  AD alone would be worth more than that package nevermind also giving up Jrue and Moore.   A solid starter, an up-and-down combo guard, 2 journeymen and 3 late first rounders.   They're better off taking Tatum, Smart, Yabu/Williams and the 3 C's picks (or exchanging the Mem pick for one of this year's picks).

Rozier should have been traded at deadline, but Danny has a mancrush on him for some reason.
C's wouldn't be better with Jrue and Moore in their place.  trading Hayward for pennies on the dollar is poor asset management.  I get you may not like his lack of productivity last year, most don't like it, but his market value is pretty low right now.  better to wait to see if he improves for next year which I suspect he will.  at that point, depending on the team's make-up, it may be worth trading him in a package for someone better looking to move from their team or he may be back to the player we originally signed.   if he hasn't improved, he's easier to move as an expiring deal and the C's come off looking like a franchise that's supportive of its injured players.  if he's still got issues next year, it's past the point where players in the league would see it as a negative move by the C's.

No argument on dumping Rozier but a S&T isn't happening.  the money manipulations required to make a S&T work under the current CBA makes it far too difficult to pull off and that's not even taking into account trying to move him for a player that'd be worth having on the team.  He's either going to be let go if Kyrie resigns (just like Danny did with Olynyk when trying to make room for Hayward) or he's going to be resigned if Kyrie leaves  (vomit).

Maybe Hayward will get better, but I am not sold that Allstar Utah Hayward in a system designed exclusively around him can get to that point on a team oriented basketball team like Boston.

Also I am not convinced that Hayward, at his best, is better than Jrue at his best.
Where do you get this idea that the Utah system when Hayward was there was built around him and not a team basketball system like ours?

Quin Snyder is a great coach with a great system. He didn't pull a Mike D'Antoni and give the ball to Hayward and let him do everything, D'Antoni does with Harden.

That last Utah team had 6 players with usage percentages between 21% to 27%. By comparison, this year's Celtic "team system" had only 5 players with usage %'s between 21% and 29%. Hayward's usage in Utah was less than Kyrie's here and only slightly higher than Hill and Hood's usage percentage when Hayward played with them in Utah.

As a reference, the Rockets, a team clearly built around Harden have Harden's usage % at 40%.

I cannot see how one cannot claim that Hayward was the absolute centerpiece of that team, hands down.

And on a team with Tatum, Brown, Horford he would/should not be the centerpiece.
Hayward was the#1 offensive option but that team wasn't built around him. There is a massive difference.

He didn't even take 16 shots a game. Only had a 27% usage rate. He only scoredBy comparison 5 points more per game than the next highest scoring player.

By comparison, Kyrie in Stevens' "team" system had a 29% usage, took 18.5 shots a game and scored almost 7 points a game more than the 2nd leading scorer. And as I said earlier, the Jazz had 6 high usage players, this Celtics team just 6.

I don't know why you are trying to paint a completely false narrative about Gordon in Utah, but Utah has and had a great team system. It wasn't some "superstar" system built around one player.

Ok. If we are going to debate about my terminology then fine.

Yes gordon took the nost shots.
Yes gordon had the highest usage.
Yes gordon was the number 1 option.
Yes Gordon had the 6th highest amount of touches per game
Yes Gordon had a time per possession behind only lebron, giannis and butler

But I guess the system wasnt created to let that happen and instead it was purely coincidental.

And it doent change that he will never be number 1 option here.

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2019, 06:08:33 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Betting markets apparently make LA a strong favorite to land Davis.

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2019, 06:32:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Free agents
Irving - Nets
Durant - Knicks
Butler - Nets
Cousins - Lakers
Thompson - Warriors
Harris - Sixers
Leonard - Raptors
Walker - Hornets
Russell - Clippers (Nets let him go to sign Butler and Irving)

Trades
Davis - Knicks
Love - Nuggets
Beal - Lakers

I have seen a few posts putting Butler in Brookly here, has there been some reporting on this?

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2019, 06:52:38 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Durant stays put, at least for now.
Kawhi to the LAC.
Butler to the NYK.
Klay stays put.
Kemba to the LAL.
Harris stays with 76ers.
Kyrie to the Nets. Kind of torn on Kyrie. Could see him also staying.
AD traded to Knicks. Danny walks away from NO asking price.

TP. Feel like this is at least half accurate.

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2019, 07:07:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Durant - Stays ( :'( )

Kawhi - Clippers  ... yup, even if they win

Klay - Stays put

Kyrie - Nets

Russell - Nets ... I think they pay to keep him when they don't get another name, then trade him later for pieces

Kemba - Hornets ... I think they're gonna pay him.

Butler - Lakers

Cousins - Lakers

Harris - 76ers

Davis - Celtics ... I think Danny's gonna roll the dice.

What will the Lakers do if and when they miss out on Davis?  I think they'll try to use their trade chips to go after Beal.

I think the Knicks will be forced to pay a bunch of guys short term money and keep their cap for next summer when they'll try again to sign KD.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2019, 08:56:37 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Lillard
Turner
Hayward
Davis
Nurkic

NOP gets

Rozier
McCollum
Harkless
Zion
Randle - Resigned

By comparison, Kyrie in Stevens' "team" system had a 29% usage, took 18.5 shots a game and scored almost 7 points a game more than the 2nd leading scorer. And as I said earlier, the Jazz had 6 high usage players, this Celtics team just 6.

But I guess the system wasnt created to let that happen and instead it was purely coincidental.

Everyone can already tell you don’t like Gordy or want him around from your constant either completely unrealistic or otherwise hurtful to our team trade proposals involving him. But this take is just weird
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2019, 09:03:40 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Free agents
Irving - Nets
Durant - Knicks
Butler - Nets
Cousins - Lakers
Thompson - Warriors
Harris - Sixers
Leonard - Raptors
Walker - Hornets

Trades
Davis - Knicks
Love - Nuggets
Beal - Lakers

I have seen a few posts putting Butler in Brookly here, has there been some reporting on this?
Not that I've seen.  There has been talk of Harris to the Nets.  Its interesting that everyone seems to have Butler leaving and Harris staying.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is the other way around. 

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2019, 09:10:31 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Lillard
Turner
Hayward
Davis
Nurkic

NOP gets

Rozier
McCollum
Harkless
Zion
Randle - Resigned

Everyone can already tell you don’t like Gordy or want him around from your constant either completely unrealistic or otherwise hurtful to our team trade proposals involving him. But this take is just weird

Its truth.

And I am still awaiting how hayward, a playet whi, as I have shown, whose best season resulted in him being the main benefitiaries of a team, and him havung the ball alot on that team, in that single allstar season, will return to that form.

3 years later.

After a big injury

Without taking opportunity away from the kids that deserve to have it more.(jays)

I am open to being convinced....

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:24:25 PM by Silky »

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2019, 09:47:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Free agents
Irving - Nets
Durant - Knicks
Butler - Nets
Cousins - Lakers
Thompson - Warriors
Harris - Sixers
Leonard - Raptors
Walker - Hornets

Trades
Davis - Knicks
Love - Nuggets
Beal - Lakers

A few posts out there, especially from the NY Post (which was picked up a lot about a month ago) talking about Butler to the Nets, but for me it stems from a couple of things (the Post article I mentioned said Caesars in Vegas put BKN at #2 behind Philly for Butler's services). 

First, the Nets were absolutely reported as a team he wanted to be traded to when he asked out of Minnesota (Woj listed the Nets, Knicks, and Clippers).  Part of the thinking was those 3 teams could have acquired Butler and still pursued another top tier free agent this summer.  Which brings me to #2.  Butler and Irving have been linked a lot.  There were a lot of reports of Butler wanting to play with Irving.  So for me, reading the tea leaves, I think Irving and Butler team up in Brooklyn. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2019, 09:52:34 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Lillard
Turner
Hayward
Davis
Nurkic

NOP gets

Rozier
McCollum
Harkless
Zion
Randle - Resigned

Its truth.

And I am still awaiting how hayward, a playet whi, as I have shown, whose best season resulted in him being the main benefitiaries of a team, and him havung the ball alot on that team, in that single allstar season, will return to that form.

3 years later.

After a big injury

Without taking opportunity away from the kids that deserve to have it more.(jays)

I am open to being convinced....
You're clearly not. You're only going to get more entrenched in your position, and so will I.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)