Author Topic: I hate Jimmy Butler - (video dissing Boston)  (Read 4502 times)

Re: I hate Jimmy Butler - (video dissing Boston)
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2024, 02:02:37 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
Barry Jackson
@flasportsbuzz
·
11m
Riley, asked about Butler trolling Celtics when he couldn't play in the series: "If you're not on the court playing, you should keep your mouth shut."

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1787531788882997739

Riley said Heat will need to give a lot of thought if Butler asks for extension in July, as expected.  "Unless you have someone who's really going to be available every single night," Riley said.

Takeaway from Riley: They're just not giving Butler a one-year max extension because he wants one. They expect him to commit to playing in more games - and really meaning it - before considering this. Riley said issue was discussed with his agent a year ago.

I ENVISION Heat almost daring Jimmy to ask for a trade by not acquiescing to all demands without assurances back and PERHAPS money under max (unless Miami suddenly caves and rubbed stamps it, which it sure didn't sound like). Should be fascinating summer.

WOW. Btw I would go through Barry's entire thread. Riley has a lot of spicy quotes in the timeline, though tbh a lot of them are pretty accurate lol. Including some info about Herro, Rozier, etc. Sounds like Rozier was dealing with something more serious and is wearing a neck brace, dang. Hope he gets better.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2024, 02:09:28 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Have a feeling we have seen the last of Butler and maybe Herro in Miami. Riley did not give Wade the extension and he was the heart and soul of the Heat. Sure as heck won't give it to a clown like Butler.

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2024, 02:30:43 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 565
Wow. Pat Riley just came out throwing fire.

Luckily Jimmy butler has a long history of  being a very even keeled and reasonable person when it comes to his playing situation and contract.

The Heat may think they have until 2025 to think about the extension, but my guess is Jimmy doesn't view it the same way.

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2024, 02:44:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Here is another funny one from Riley about Haslem.

"Riley doesn't agree with Haslem's comment that Herro is better off the bench and team is better off that way. "He's a starter," Riley said. Riley reiterated that Haslem works for Heat "and probably should have kept that to himself) and not said that on ESPN."

I remember when someone was trying to argue that Haslem could say his nonsense about Bill Russell and it was not a reflection on the heat. Riley clearly does not agree with that as his boss...

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2024, 02:46:06 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Geeze, Riley woke up on the wrong side of the bed today haha Though I think he’s right about most of what he said.

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2024, 03:01:12 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1402
Barry Jackson
@flasportsbuzz
·
11m
Riley, asked about Butler trolling Celtics when he couldn't play in the series: "If you're not on the court playing, you should keep your mouth shut."

Jimmy been put in his place by the big boss
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2024, 03:01:41 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
Reading a lot of the social media posts and Heat pages, it seems even a lot of Heat fans agree with Riley. A lot of them are mad that the team "coasted" in the regular season and had to play in the play-in while the likes of Orlando, Indiana, etc. made it. And of course, Butler got hurt and it's clear some of the others on that team suffered nicks and bruises and fatigue along the way while Butler stayed out.

But Heat fans are also mad at Riley because he basically said they are "running it back". Don't plan to trade Butler but also don't plan to deal Herro or others which indicates maybe no 3rd star coming.

I am laughing though that Riley not only bashed Butler, but he pretty much bashed Haslem too  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2024, 03:44:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Barry Jackson :o
@flasportsbuzz
·
11m

Jimmy been put in his place by the big boss

I guess he told him  :o

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2024, 04:15:05 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zM1SMxdJyM

Link to the video where Riley was reacting to the questions about Butler.  the 'keep your mouth shut' at 1:20 in or so

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2024, 04:23:06 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
I hate the old man, but I like that he called out his team (particularly Jimmy and Tyler).

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2024, 05:51:26 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745
Aging in the NBA is an interesting thing.

On the one hand, you could say that Butler's game never relied on great athleticism so he should age well.

On the other hand, what we see a lot is that guys who aren't particularly athletic can't afford to lose any of that athleticism.

This comparison is a little oblique but I think about how much more skilled as a basketball player Pierce was than Vince Carter but Carter's career lasted longer because he had athleticism to spare. Pierce, although more skilled in ways that didn't necessitate athleticism, didn't have that.

Butler is a smart player and a hard worker but he drastically changes his game, it's hard for me to imagine him being productive for much longer and certainly not in any other context than the Miami Heat. 
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2024, 06:51:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
He is a the age the injuries come quicker and quicker and pretty soon it’s not worth keeping you as a starter and spend big dollars .   Riley is starting to loose patience with him and excuses for not being on the court.  Probably should let him go and get new stars .

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2024, 08:13:18 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1559

"Riley doesn't agree with Haslem's comment that Herro is better off the bench and team is better off that way. "He's a starter," Riley said. Riley reiterated that Haslem works for Heat "and probably should have kept that to himself) and not said that on ESPN."

I remember when someone was trying to argue that Haslem could say his nonsense about Bill Russell and it was not a reflection on the heat. Riley clearly does not agree with that as his boss...
Um, that was Haslem talking about a current player on the Heat not someone long since retired. No where near the same thing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2024, 10:21:19 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

Um, that was Haslem talking about a current player on the Heat not someone long since retired. No where near the same thing.

This is one of your dumber posts man. “He is an employee of the heat and his comments should reflect that.” It’s the same thing whether he is discussing a current heat player or discrediting an ambassador to the game that you know Riley respects. Do better I know you understand the concept.

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2024, 10:23:13 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
Aging in the NBA is an interesting thing.

On the one hand, you could say that Butler's game never relied on great athleticism so he should age well.

On the other hand, what we see a lot is that guys who aren't particularly athletic can't afford to lose any of that athleticism.

This comparison is a little oblique but I think about how much more skilled as a basketball player Pierce was than Vince Carter but Carter's career lasted longer because he had athleticism to spare. Pierce, although more skilled in ways that didn't necessitate athleticism, didn't have that.

Butler is a smart player and a hard worker but he drastically changes his game, it's hard for me to imagine him being productive for much longer and certainly not in any other context than the Miami Heat.

I think pierce not taking care of his body and Vince taking care of his had a bigger influence on the length of their careers than anything else.