Author Topic: Himmelsbach: Kyrie has "ghosted" the Celtics the past few weeks  (Read 5041 times)

Re: Himmelsbach: Kyrie has "ghosted" the Celtics the past few weeks
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2019, 09:15:58 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
This coincides with what Chris Mannix said on radio today

mannix:"The Celtics and Kyrie have had no contact in weeks." He thinks Kyrie is gone but...it's Kyrie, so who knows

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/06/17/now-what-nine-thoughts-state-celtics/o1L9OGoOzu8KiYapmrgd9K/story.html

Himmelsbach:
"the strangest part about the Irving situation right now is it appears he's essentially ghosted on the Celtics. The people within the organization I've spoken with have made it clear they've had little, if any, communication with Irving in weeks."

He did the same to the cavs team and teammates right before he left. What a diva

The sad part is Ainge likely lying and saying he's had "ongoing talks" with kyrie the past few weeks

Ainges job is to keep stuff close to his vest, sometimes that means saying stuff that isn't completely true in the team's best interest.  He's just doing his job.

Agreed.  Already doesn't look great for the Celtics organization when their marquee free-agent won't even return their calls.

Yeah but if this is all true, this is the second time Irving has Ghosted a team and teammates. Any one with half a brain will see this a Irving problem, not a Celtic one.

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2019, 09:16:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Just wait until he goes to the nets or wherever he's going. He'll probably play all nice at first then slowly unravel like he did with us.
Sucks because Brooklyn will be able to trade him for value, unlike us
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2019, 09:18:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
The dude scammed all of Boston. From the I am going to stay if you have me declaration to the nike commercial.

What a flake.

But it just felt like Boston didn't want him. Tatum/Brown/Rozier didn't seem too fond of him as the season progressed. Maybe they sucked into the kool-aid of making it into Game 7 of the East Finals (while the state of the Eastern Conference was weak) and said "hey Kyrie we don't need you anymore."

And fast-forward one year later. Second-round exit.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2019, 09:20:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
But it just felt like Boston didn't want him.

The organization and the fans at the Garden pretty much unconditionally supported him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, at this point I hope he's gone. Him AND Rozier.

Lets add a guard using MLE, another big using another exception, and go with the youth movement. Who knows, maybe once we get rid of all the drama/locker room cancers we can surprise a lot of people (and allow the young guys to improve more).

Just keep in mind, if we renegotiate Horford's contract (opt out and then sign longer term deal) and we do not re-sign either Rozier or Morris, we will likely fall below the salary cap and will no longer have the MLE to use. Additionally, the cap space we will have might very well be less than the MLE (and you do not get the MLE if you are below the cap - only the Room Exception which is about half of the MLE).

I am not a huge Rozier fan, but if he can come in at a reasonable price and we still have the entire MLE to work with (as well as the BAE), then I think we may need to come to terms with him being a Celtic for the forseeable future.

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2019, 09:22:53 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Did Danny do his due diligence before trading for Kyrie ?
I bet Cleveland fans are happy with the eventual outcome
For some reason I doubt Cleveland fans are excited about being a perpetual lottery team.

Cleveland fans now get to say "I told you so!!!" and "Hah we got your BKN 2018 pick I bet y'all regretted trading that"

and I actually did felt concerned about trading the BKN 2018 pick in that transaction.
Exactly what I meant

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2019, 09:23:26 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Sounds like fake news to me. I'll wait for some facts.

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2019, 09:27:38 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

The organization and the fans at the Garden pretty much unconditionally supported him.

Celtics Strong is not the only site on the internet with polarizing views of Kyrie. And let's not even get started with the Boston media.

The Garden fans were awesome - they always are - but we live in a different age now, one where players can see beyond the fandom of home games.

I am sure he is well aware of the hate spewing about him on the internet. He would have to live in a cave to be unaware of this stuff. Even if he doesn't have the internet, his friends/family do.

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2019, 09:27:59 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
Let’s troll Kyrie and send Brown to the nets.
Maybe in exchange for LeVert

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2019, 09:28:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Exactly. I only went to a handful of games the past two years but in the games I was at, the crowd was 1000% behind and even loving Kyrie.

I have never bought the idea that Boston fans drove Kyrie to not want to be here or turned on him. The internet fans that hated Kyrie, an extremely small and very vocal group, hated Kyrie to begin with. They never turned. As things went bad they just got more vocal. You can see the proof not only here but across social media.

But the ticket paying fans that Kyrie played in front of every game, for the most part, adored the guy.

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2019, 09:32:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I find it no coincidence that Mannix and Himmelsbach are coming out with so much behind the scenes info on the same day. My guess is Ainge is putting out the info to help soften the blow of losing Kyrie for nothing to the fanbase. Ainge is someone who likes to keep this info close to the best usually so for it to come out from two sources on the same day tells me Ainge put all this out there.
I agree with this and I'm also guessing that once it's official several 'Kyrie' stories will emerge - anecdotes about what a d----e he was while he was here.  Looking forward to his return to the Garden next season.  He'll get the welcome he deserves.

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2019, 09:33:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I find it no coincidence that Mannix and Himmelsbach are coming out with so much behind the scenes info on the same day. My guess is Ainge is putting out the info to help soften the blow of losing Kyrie for nothing to the fanbase. Ainge is someone who likes to keep this info close to the best usually so for it to come out from two sources on the same day tells me Ainge put all this out there.
I agree with this and I'm also guessing that once it's official several 'Kyrie' stories will emerge - anecdotes about what a d----e he was while he was here.  Looking forward to his return to the Garden next season.  He'll get the welcome he deserves.
Wonder if it'll be a season-opener ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2019, 09:37:57 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
Yeah, at this point I hope he's gone. Him AND Rozier.

Lets add a guard using MLE, another big using another exception, and go with the youth movement. Who knows, maybe once we get rid of all the drama/locker room cancers we can surprise a lot of people (and allow the young guys to improve more).

Just keep in mind, if we renegotiate Horford's contract (opt out and then sign longer term deal) and we do not re-sign either Rozier or Morris, we will likely fall below the salary cap and will no longer have the MLE to use. Additionally, the cap space we will have might very well be less than the MLE (and you do not get the MLE if you are below the cap - only the Room Exception which is about half of the MLE).

I am not a huge Rozier fan, but if he can come in at a reasonable price and we still have the entire MLE to work with (as well as the BAE), then I think we may need to come to terms with him being a Celtic for the forseeable future.
I think you’re mistaken on how the full MLE works. Teams have to specifically renounce their annual MLE if they want to use cap space. If they fall below the salary cap the MLE is still there. So if we are $1M below the cap with 14 players on the books we can still sign a 15th player for $9-10M. We will just be hard capped at 4-5M above the luxury tax so subsequent moves have to be done with that hard cap condition. I believe the hard cap is the difference of the full and room MLE + luxury tax line ... probably $136M.
If anything letting Rozier go will make it easier to use the full MLE

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2019, 11:20:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don't understand the animosity. Why does he need to ghost the team? Just tell them you're leaving and move on

Not classy

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2019, 11:24:52 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't understand the animosity. Why does he need to ghost the team? Just tell them you're leaving and move on

Not classy

+1.  I don't get why either.