Author Topic: Himmelsbach: Kyrie has "ghosted" the Celtics the past few weeks  (Read 5163 times)

Re: Himmelsbach: Kyrie has "ghosted" the Celtics the past few weeks
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 08:55:00 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
This coincides with what Chris Mannix said on radio today

mannix:"The Celtics and Kyrie have had no contact in weeks." He thinks Kyrie is gone but...it's Kyrie, so who knows

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/06/17/now-what-nine-thoughts-state-celtics/o1L9OGoOzu8KiYapmrgd9K/story.html

Himmelsbach:
"the strangest part about the Irving situation right now is it appears he's essentially ghosted on the Celtics. The people within the organization I've spoken with have made it clear they've had little, if any, communication with Irving in weeks."

He did the same to the cavs team and teammates right before he left. What a diva

The sad part is Ainge likely lying and saying he's had "ongoing talks" with kyrie the past few weeks

Ainges job is to keep stuff close to his vest, sometimes that means saying stuff that isn't completely true in the team's best interest.  He's just doing his job.

Agreed.  Already doesn't look great for the Celtics organization when their marquee free-agent won't even return their calls. 

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 08:58:23 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
Did Danny do his due diligence before trading for Kyrie ?
I bet Cleveland fans are happy with the eventual outcome
For some reason I doubt Cleveland fans are excited about being a perpetual lottery team.

But back to the topic - I’ll be glad to see Kyrie go. The more his locker-room problems are evidenced the more inexcusable they are. No leadership, and his on-court performance didn’t even offset it when it mattered most
Yep.  And it’s worse than “no leadership.”  No leadership can imply a neutral kind of personality, whereas Irving seems like a dark cloud in terms of his effect on others.
Ugh, too true. I really thought

he’d turned the corner after ‘17-‘18, where things were seemingly fine

Even back then I was a little bothered by Kyrie not being with the team through some of the home playoff games in 2018.  Probably me being too critical, and some obvious reason for it maybe?  But if I am the real 'leader' of an NBA team, I am with them literally no matter what cheering them on.  Do we remember KG in the 2009 playoffs?  I dunno it just was odd at the time, and now it still seems odd.

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 08:59:17 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Kyrie seems like a miserable person off the court and a selfish malcontent on it.

For a guy who seems to have everything he sure is a turd.

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 09:00:06 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Nick Wright "If the Celtics are not clearly without question winning the trade, they're not gonna make the trade. They've cashed in with their assets 1 time since they got them from the Nets in 2013: The Kyrie Trade. Boston is now in no-man's land."

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 09:00:53 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Did Danny do his due diligence before trading for Kyrie ?
I bet Cleveland fans are happy with the eventual outcome

Looks like Cleveland won that trade. Tribute to LeBron that he kept the malcontent under control for a couple of years.

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 09:03:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I find it no coincidence that Mannix and Himmelsbach are coming out with so much behind the scenes info on the same day. My guess is Ainge is putting out the info to help soften the blow of losing Kyrie for nothing to the fanbase. Ainge is someone who likes to keep this info close to the best usually so for it to come out from two sources on the same day tells me Ainge put all this out there.

I am not saying the info isn't true, nor am I defending Kyrie in any way. I believe everything that is coming out and think Kyrie was a massive problem. But this is getting out because Danny wants it out there which means it's done, Kyrie isn't returning.

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 09:04:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If the C's have reached out and haven't heard anything from Kyrie for weeks, that is just so unprofessional. 
He is the kingpin to any other moves the team makes this offseason now that Davis is off the table.  Sounds like he is playing games with the C's a bit at this point.

Best predictor of behavior is past behavior. When he refused to show up to cheer his teammates on in the playoffs some here made all kinds of excuses for him. What you see is what you get.

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 09:04:57 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1764
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's too bad Kyrie is so jerky. I really don't get how he is so popular around the league - he must be 'real' in all of his interactions.

Anyway, this report seems to go along with everything else. Our best opportunity at attracting other quality players to our team is walking out the door and probably doesn't have too many good things to say about us, which makes it even worse.

I have long been a supporter of wanting to re-sign our biggest asset - and I will welcome him back with open arms if he decides he wants to be here - but I realize how overrated he is (perception is more important than reality when it comes to trade value). I have no doubt the Nets will go nowhere with him next season, but at least he will bring excitement to a franchise that desperately needs it.

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2019, 09:05:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
It is time to end this. Kyrie leaving is addition by subtraction.

ugh....all this new math drives me car ray zee  ;)

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 09:05:26 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah, at this point I hope he's gone. Him AND Rozier.

Lets add a guard using MLE, another big using another exception, and go with the youth movement. Who knows, maybe once we get rid of all the drama/locker room cancers we can surprise a lot of people (and allow the young guys to improve more).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 09:09:37 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Yeah, at this point I hope he's gone. Him AND Rozier.

Lets add a guard using MLE, another big using another exception, and go with the youth movement. Who knows, maybe once we get rid of all the drama/locker room cancers we can surprise a lot of people (and allow the young guys to improve more).

My hopes also. Really want to see them draft 2 guys in the first round unless they package 2 of the picks for a vet.

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2019, 09:10:16 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
What a class act. He basically took a big dump on the Celtics organization over the last year and people are still clamoring to have him back? They were never going to win with this POS unless they had a generational player on the team with him ala Lebron. Biggest fraud in sports. Thinks he’s a brilliant leader and an alpha. He couldn’t be further from either one.

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2019, 09:13:25 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
If the C's have reached out and haven't heard anything from Kyrie for weeks, that is just so unprofessional. 
He is the kingpin to any other moves the team makes this offseason now that Davis is off the table.  Sounds like he is playing games with the C's a bit at this point.

Best predictor of behavior is past behavior. When he refused to show up to cheer his teammates on in the playoffs some here made all kinds of excuses for him. What you see is what you get.

Yup, lost of signs were there on Kyrie even in Cleveland.

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2019, 09:14:37 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The dude scammed all of Boston. From the I am going to stay if you have me declaration to the nike commercial.

What a flake.

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2019, 09:14:57 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Just wait until he goes to the nets or wherever he's going. He'll probably play all nice at first then slowly unravel like he did with us.