Author Topic: Avengers Endgame: Reaction thread (expect spoilers)  (Read 20855 times)

Re: Avengers Endgame: Reaction thread (expect spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2019, 10:27:23 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The handling of Captain Marvel was baffling. She blew through an entire spaceship, then couldn’t do any better against Thanos than any of the others?
thankfully
Actually, there was a scene towards the end of Captain Marvel's fight with Thanos that Thanos punched her in the face several times and Captain Marvel didn't even flinch. She just kept sheepishly grinning at him.

Thanos needed to use the power stone to get her off of him.
Scarlet Witch/Captain Marvel both got their power from an infinity stone and both forced Thanos to get some extra help to get away from them. (air strike or the power stone) I liked that consistency with them being at the top tier of strength.

(Which is why Vision just getting stabbed repeatedly and not doing much else in Infinity Wars always bothered me somewhat)

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2019, 10:28:22 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Easy: Thanos isn't wearing his own gauntlet; it's the one made out of nanomachines or nanites or whatever. It's Ironman's glove. Same way it changes shape into weird stuff, like in the previous Avengers, when it changed into a blade.

It just morphed the stones over to HIS arm.
Yeah I liked that. I also was confused to how he pulled it off till I remembered it was his nano-suit style gauntlet that Thanos had on.

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2019, 10:40:08 AM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
Easy: Thanos isn't wearing his own gauntlet; it's the one made out of nanomachines or nanites or whatever. It's Ironman's glove. Same way it changes shape into weird stuff, like in the previous Avengers, when it changed into a blade.

It just morphed the stones over to HIS arm.

Cool beans. Thanks and TP.

Generally dislike how some things like this are left unexplained in a movie and you have to search out the info. Captain America wielding third hammer was confusing for me too, till my son explained the being worthy bit.

Enjoyed the movie overall tho

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2019, 11:42:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The ending is interesting with what happens to Gamora

Either she left on her own
or she became dust due to Ironman "snap"

Guardian of Galaxy part 3, apparently is going to pursue this .... maybe something relating to the soul stone.  It would be cool if they can revive Gamora and Black Widow

Eternals should also be right around the corner

all in all, its a bummer that Captain America and Ironman are done.  They were the staple of the Marvel universe movies for the last decade

maybe Ironman somehow uploaded his brains onto his mainframe sidekick? 

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2019, 11:54:45 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Tony has done this at least three times in the comics!  :laugh:

But I think Downey is done, Marvel is tired of cutting him huge checks and he's likely tired of superhero movies.

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2019, 02:55:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

But I think Downey is done, Marvel is tired of cutting him huge checks and he's likely tired of superhero movies.
I read that Disney wasn't thrilled with Downey's pay demands for Spiderman. That was outside his original contract and he ended up with some ridiculous amount of money for what he did in that movie, which was not a lot. I think he netted over $50 million for just Spiderman.

Downey was also burnt out doing Stark and didn't want to sign another contract, so it appears the separation was mutual.

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2019, 03:23:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Guardian of Galaxy part 3, apparently is going to pursue this .... maybe something relating to the soul stone.  It would be cool if they can revive Gamora and Black Widow

all in all, its a bummer that Captain America and Ironman are done.  They were the staple of the Marvel universe movies for the last decade

I personally don't think that Captain America is "done"...

My theory on that "banging on metal" noise at the end of the movie was perhaps someone shaping a SHIELD..

I even tried to "connect the dots" between the "older" Steve Rogers giving his shield to Falcon...but "Patriot" in the comics was a teenager.....unless Marvel Cinematic Universe wants to deviate somewhat from this..

I'd guess that Falcon in the MCU is in his 30's at least?

Maybe Falcon's son?

With THAT being said I also wouldn't be surprised if we see Iron Man (or woman) again - especially WOMAN

As popular as Black Panther was I'd say IT IS TIME for these two.

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2019, 10:07:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just saw it.  loved it.

suspected Iron Man and Captain America would be in their final appearances.  surprised about Black Widow though.

agree that Captain Marvel wasn't used well and wasn't too thrilled when there was nothing done to honor Widow for her sacrifice yet Tony gets a floating tribute.  other than that, really liked the movie

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2019, 10:37:05 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I read that Disney wasn't thrilled with Downey's pay demands for Spiderman. That was outside his original contract and he ended up with some ridiculous amount of money for what he did in that movie, which was not a lot. I think he netted over $50 million for just Spiderman.

Downey was also burnt out doing Stark and didn't want to sign another contract, so it appears the separation was mutual.

One of my friends at work looked it up one day recently: Downey made $15 million for three days of filming on Spider-Man. :o
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2019, 02:40:16 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
it sucked  so bad...I don't even wanna start explaining why.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2019, 02:42:05 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Garbage movie wasn't exciting at all very predictable and the worst part of it all is the ending makes absolutely no sense..

Captain America would never stay in the past, it goes against pretty much everything he believes he's a selfless individual.

Also when returning the stones at the end they weren't in their original forms example space stone wasn't the teseract... Aether should have been liquid and would they just inject it back into Jane?

I have no idea how one would even return the soul stone lol like go back to vormir and pray at the shrine...

Movie made no sense the entire time travel thing was poorly done... Many plot holes captain Marvel was used extremely poorly aswell.

Thank god for game of thrones a true cinematic masterpiece

Agreed....it was crap
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2019, 10:19:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Finally saw this now that it is out for home viewing.  Thought it was fun and a solid enough send off of the original avengers.  Time travel is always tricky, but I thought it worked out fine.

They've released most of the Phase 4 schedule

Black Widow - May 1, 2020 (takes place after Captain American Civil War and before Avengers Infinity War)
The Eternals - November 6, 2020 (cast is fantastic led by Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek)
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - February 12, 2021 (dubbed a martial arts film with a mostly Asian cast in lead roles)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - May 7, 2021 (dubbed a horror film - also stars Scarlet Witch)
Thor: Love and Thunder - November 5, 2021 (Jane Foster takes up the hammer - Valkyrie is still King of Asgard on Earth)

Future Movies without release dates or official Titles (though Marvel has blocked off February 18, May 6, and July 29 2022 for movies)
Black Panther 2
Captain Marvel 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Blade (Mahershala Ali takes on the title role)

Spider-Man 3 was not officially announced for Phase 4, but that July 29, 2022 spot would seemingly fit with when Spider-Man movies have been released in the past.

They also announced some of the shows (or at least the characters getting shows)
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Fall 2020)
Wandavision
Loki
Hawkeye
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2019, 11:32:05 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I personally don't think that Captain America is "done"...

My theory on that "banging on metal" noise at the end of the movie was perhaps someone shaping a SHIELD..

I even tried to "connect the dots" between the "older" Steve Rogers giving his shield to Falcon...but "Patriot" in the comics was a teenager.....unless Marvel Cinematic Universe wants to deviate somewhat from this..

I'd guess that Falcon in the MCU is in his 30's at least?

Maybe Falcon's son?

With THAT being said I also wouldn't be surprised if we see Iron Man (or woman) again - especially WOMAN

As popular as Black Panther was I'd say IT IS TIME for these two.

The banging of metal at the end was from Ironman 1. It was a tribute. With out that movie no endgame.

Patriot wont be Falcons son. That's a whole nother story where they tested the super soldier serum on black soldiers to make sure it was good before giving it to a white soldier. Yeah mess up,but acutate for the times. Patriot gets a blood transfusion from his great grandfather who was the surviving test subject.

As for Ironheart don't enough about her. But the kid from Ironman 3 was at the funeral and could play Ironlad for the young avengers movie/Disney+ show.

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2019, 11:56:26 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Thought the movie was good not great. Infinity War was better.

Capt Marvel was pointless. Everything she did some one already introduced in the MCU could have done. She was brought in at the wrong time. Either they should have done it when they first thought about it in Age of Ultron or waited till after all of this. I mean she had the Gauntlet. Why didn't she snap? She could take it. She took some thunder from the OG team. Hulk should have gotten an other shot. Her movie was a cash grab. If that came out after End game it easily make 200 mil less.

Scarlet Which was awesome.

Cap with the hammer AWESOME!

Diapointed they didn't give Falcon a good scene showing why he gets the sheild. Bucky is still broken so that makes sense. And in the comics he earned the title if Cap. But hasn't done much to show that.

The Lady Avengers scene was grungy. I get it. But it had no sense an took you out of a great battle scene. Why were they all together? They should have at least done a good minute of the fighting aling side each other to make it cool. AND Capt Marvel didnt need their help. She blasted though 90% of what was in front of them. Or she could have flown over. Just bad fan service writing.

Loved Widow and Hawkeyes scene getting the soul stone. It was really well done.

Cap staying back in time in an alternate time line is cool. Gives them an option to bring him back for the End of phase four if they do Secret War.

Wish Dead got to at least stab Thanos in the back helping Tony. Grout didn't do much either.

Bumbed Deadpool didn't show up intriducing mutants. Not even fight. Just grabs some popcorn and comments on what's going on. He's not getting payed so why pick a side.

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2019, 07:57:29 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Didnt like Smart Hulk one bit..Hulk suppose be one of strongest but he was weak
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin