Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread  (Read 207913 times)

Re: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread
« Reply #1185 on: May 02, 2021, 10:22:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Brooklyn/Milwaukee playoff matchup going to be insane if Giannis remains healthy.

well I don't want to see the Bucks in the 1st round, so we gotta pull things together and get at least the 5th seed.
Even though the Hawks have been a pain in our side this year, I like our chances with them or the Knicks vs the Bucks.

I don't even know if the C's are making the playoffs the way they've been playing lol sigh.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1186 on: May 02, 2021, 10:29:44 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Brooklyn/Milwaukee playoff matchup going to be insane if Giannis remains healthy.

well I don't want to see the Bucks in the 1st round, so we gotta pull things together and get at least the 5th seed.
Even though the Hawks have been a pain in our side this year, I like our chances with them or the Knicks vs the Bucks.

I don't even know if the C's are making the playoffs the way they've been playing lol sigh.

Yeah I made that comment before this bad ending to the Portland game and the crazy double injury.
These games against the heat are huge.  I could def see us coming in at 7/8 and losing the play in games.

« Reply #1187 on: May 02, 2021, 10:32:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yeah I made that comment before this bad ending to the Portland game and the crazy double injury.
These games against the heat are huge.  I could def see us coming in at 7/8 and losing the play in games.
Lotto pick!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1188 on: May 02, 2021, 11:20:33 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Wow, LA getting thrashed by the Raptors at halftime is a sight to see.

Maybe they can join us for a play-in tourney hehe.

« Reply #1189 on: May 02, 2021, 11:38:38 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Lotto pick!

Would you be shocked?  I wouldn't

« Reply #1190 on: May 02, 2021, 11:39:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Lotto pick!

It's a talent heavy draft.

« Reply #1191 on: May 02, 2021, 11:42:39 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Lotto pick!

but is DA even going to keep the pick?  we have so many young guys right now
it probably isn't the worst thing to happen, we arent coming through a road with Nets - - Bucks - - 76ers anyways, well it isn't very likely.

« Reply #1192 on: May 02, 2021, 11:47:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Lotto pick!

it probably isn't the worst thing to happen, we arent coming through a road with Nets - - Bucks - - 76ers anyways, well it isn't very likely.

Picks are cost-controlled talent. Are we resigning Semi, Fournier, Smart, Parker, Kornet, Edwards?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:55:19 PM by liam »

« Reply #1193 on: May 03, 2021, 12:15:25 AM »

Kiorrik

Lotto pick!

Picks are cost-controlled talent. Are we resigning Semi, Fournier, Smart, Parker, Kornet, Edwards?

I'd go with: no, yes, yes, maybe (jury's out), yes, no.

« Reply #1194 on: May 03, 2021, 02:07:55 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
LeBron walks off the court and into the locker with 2 minutes left, after witnessing the crappiness of his team's performance tonight as they were defeated by the Raptors in LA.

The Lakers are now in a seed where they are in a play-in spot as well. Such coincidence. Man it would be funny if they get bounced.

« Reply #1195 on: May 03, 2021, 07:30:06 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
James always quit on his teams when he not happy..look what happen his first year with Lakers..he quit halfway during the season..left Cavs cause he was pouting..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1196 on: May 03, 2021, 08:26:56 AM »

Kiorrik

LeBron walks off the court and into the locker with 2 minutes left, after witnessing the crappiness of his team's performance tonight as they were defeated by the Raptors in LA.

The Lakers are now in a seed where they are in a play-in spot as well. Such coincidence. Man it would be funny if they get bounced.

sELfProCLaiMeD GoAT by ThE waY

« Reply #1197 on: May 03, 2021, 09:39:20 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

After the Lakers loss yesterday:

LeBron James rips play-in format: 'Whoever came up with that (expletive) needs to be fired.”
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1198 on: May 03, 2021, 09:41:25 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

After the Lakers loss yesterday:

LeBron James rips play-in format: 'Whoever came up with that (expletive) needs to be fired.”
Doncic has also trashed the play-in idea. I think behind the scenes, the players on good teams are doing the same thing. I have to agree with them. I think it sucks.

« Reply #1199 on: May 03, 2021, 10:14:39 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Hate to agree with James but I agree, play in game is stupid
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin