Author Topic: Only move i’d Really like to make this off season  (Read 2599 times)

Re: Only move i’d Really like to make this off season
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2018, 09:53:24 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I didn’t say we throw everything i mentioned in for the deal just “some combination of” the pieces I listed.  So I don’t look at that as turning the roster upside down. It could be a lesser deal to move up to  the 8-10 range the 10-15 range or the 18-22 range too. How is trading Rozier ( whose minutes likely decrease dramatically with Irving and Hayward back and who, if  we sign Irving long term, becomes very redundant. We aren’t going to be able to pay him. Morris? Way less valuable than a potential all star young big.  Draft picks? We don’t need them. We need inside depth and veteran talent at this point.
 Horford, Tatum, Hayward, Brown and Irving are going to dominate the minutes. Horford will be getting older, need to find a good young replacement now so he’s ready in 2-3 years.

Sacramento is terrible. They were top two this past year and most likely will be again.  While they may get a nice player this year so will every other team that blew as much as they did last year. I’d be very surprised if they shocked the world.

We should be just as focused now, on the post Horford years by pairing a very good young big with Tatum and Brown so we can not only  have a good short term run now but seemlessly continue to compete long term as well. a consolidation trade for that young big is the right move.

Making this type of move would be predicated on believing the guy you’re targeting by moving up has a real shot at being special. I think each of the four bigs I listed have a shot at that for different reasons.

Re: Only move i’d Really like to make this off season
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 10:04:40 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Another way to look at it. If, say, Bamba pans out as a Gobert level center how good does a Bamba, Tatum, Hayward, Brown, Irving unit look - and he’s cost controlled for the next 3-4 years as well.

Fred Roberts > Fully agree with you, if the price is too much you default trying to swing a Nerlens Noel or something on the cheap. I’d love to bring Nerlens back home for some home cooking rehab with Stevens.

I’d actually like to do that and Swing a deal for one of these young bigs. Hey, it could be Mitchell Robinson at 22 or something. Much lower price as far as moving up and he could work. But I do think he’ll be gone where we pick now...