Author Topic: Which NBA player are you most similar to?  (Read 20100 times)

Re: Which NBA player are you most similar to?
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2016, 03:21:17 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Hmmm. That's a tough one. I guess I'd say Marcus Smart if he could shoot. I never stopped hustling on the court, and it infected my teammates. Getting rebounds I shouldn't, a couple hustle-driven possession changes a game. My defense is lockdown if I do say so myself. I pretty much always matched up with the other teams best player.

I'm an adequate driver, adequate passer, adequate handles. Strong shooter from all over the floor, I shot 85% from the line senior year. Great at moving without the ball, but limited ability to create my own shot although I have a mean turn around jumper I hit consistently. I can read the P&R well and have tight enough handles to be the main ball-handler when need be.

So yeah I guess kind of like Marcus with a better shot if Marcus played Mass HS ball.

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2016, 03:27:12 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Emmette Bryant

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2016, 03:35:05 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Avery Bradley minus the jump shot, and the long arms, and I'm only 5'9
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2016, 03:55:30 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Sort of a George Hill type. Streaky 3-point shooter, good passer, good defender, not as good of a ballhandler as you'd want for a guard.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2016, 02:45:07 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Delonte West, if he still plays somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:35:30 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2016, 04:04:41 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
AK47
Proportionaly thin with long arms, solid shot block timing and anticipation, good lateraly, willing passer, not much of an agressive scorer or a long range shooter. I love to play defense. Heck, we even bare the same initials :)
BTW I don't get his one time pass per year.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:07:16 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2016, 07:55:25 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Danny Green

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2016, 10:10:32 PM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
This was my life in the late seventies/ early eighties at Southie High (during busing) and Dorcherster Men's open Leagues: I only played high school and men's open league ball but I would have to say Dave Cowens (even at 6'1"). I lived for rebounds and hustle plays. That Cowens play where he's eating the floor and the ball trying to get possession, THAT WAS ME.  The rule on my summer league teams was, If your not willing to dive for loose balls on concrete, I don't want you, no matter how good you think you are. We three-peeted then we retired the squad. We had some ex college players and some who should have gone to college (if they could keep their sh**together and stay off drugs) I was the sm. forward/2 guard that was in your face and up your shirt, p---ing you off and getting in your head and you off your game.  +/- 12PTS AND 12-14 RPG and 2 or 3 cuts/scrapes PG.. One of the most fun time of my life.  Great memories, Absolutely loved it!!!!

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2016, 11:43:53 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Gerald Wallace.

I rebound, can score some around the hoop, cant shoot worth a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., and have some otherworldly passing ability once every blue moon. Mostly I rely on out-working and out-hustling opponents and my superior athleticism (which is no longer superior now that I'm 30)

My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2016, 02:54:00 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Good defender

Below average at anything else

(Marcus Smart?)

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2016, 05:04:28 AM »

Offline schabette

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'm basically 2010 Avery Bradley.

- Bad, heavily streaky shooter

- Pretty much no offensive game at all, bad at finishing, bad passes all over the court, can't run a proper offense, some good cuts once in a while

- Skinny and quick as hell

- Good defender, also guarding bigger guys and getting steals. Defense pretty much the one thing I'm in the game, getting all my confidence from it.

Although it depends a little bit who I'm playing against, if it's just my good friends, then I'm playoff Rondo :)

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2016, 07:39:11 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I am Brandon Bass.

Like, I wish I could pass and I move ok without the ball, but I'm horrible at seeing the floor and finding cutters so all I can really do in that department is move it along or stick and make my own move.

I can hit my short-to-midrange jumpers and I take them in rhythm with zero hesitation.

I set good screens. I compete hard on the boards and on defense. Somehow this always gets me lined up opposite someone who is either way faster than me or way bigger.

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2016, 07:56:11 AM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I would have to be a combination of Dennis Rodman and a great shot blocker. I could rebound better then about anyone else my size. One day I blocked a guy's shot by simply touching the ball and letting him catch and shoot again and then I blocked it again. I thought about why it happnd this way and it hit me that it was too easy to just block his shot so I would just barely touch it, eough to alter his shot, let him catch it and shoot again and then block it again.

On the other end, I could not shoot to save my life. I once air balled a free throw on a shot that came on a foul as the halftime buzzer had gone off and no one else was on the court. Man that sucked!

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2016, 07:58:27 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Brian Scalabrine.

I don't play. When I did I wasn't very good. And I have red hair.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2016, 08:27:13 AM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Tony Wroten

I can get to the rim, play defense when motivated, can create something from nothing, but not a good shooter.