Author Topic: Doc: Sully is a warrior, he's going nowhere....  (Read 17567 times)

Doc: Sully is a warrior, he's going nowhere....
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:34:51 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
In the post game interview Doc said sully's a warrior and not going anywhere....

I love sully , but would trade him for gortat or varejao

Thoughts?

Re: Doc: Sully is a warrior, he's going nowhere....
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 10:36:20 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
no.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 10:36:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Probably better than Doc saying we're looking to trade him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
In the post game interview Doc said sully's a warrior and not going anywhere....

I love sully , but would trade him for gortat or varajaeo

Thoughts?

for Gortat or Varejao No way. For Cousins yes.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
where has this idea come from that Gortat is some sort of star?

Sullinger is only going to get better and better...now im not saying we can NEVER trade him. but trading a guy with sullys potential(even if its to be a trade chip for a star in the future) for a role-player like Gortat??

im sure we all regret how the C's traded Joe johnson/Chauncey billups for what at the time were "help for now"

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:40:24 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Thoughts?

I'd move Sully for Varejao in a heart beat.  He'd make us immediate top-tier contenders.  A mobile, excellent defender who can play both front court positions and who is an elite rebounder?  That's exactly what this team needs.

Gortat isn't as good as Varejao, but I'd probably pull the trigger on that deal, too.  Sully's play lately has made me hesitate on that more than I would have a couple of weeks ago, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Sullys game of the year so far. He made his presence felt.

Honestly though everyone played well which is what we needed missing one of our stars tonight

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 10:46:18 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Sully should be pretty much untradeable...you have to start thinking about the future at this point. Rondo/Bradley/Sullinger could be our core for years to come.

Look at how good he is already. Its his FIRST season and he's not even in great shape. Sully is going to be something special in this league.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 10:46:31 PM »

Offline BIGTIME_CELTICS

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9

Thoughts?

I'd move Sully for Varejao in a heart beat.  He'd make us immediate top-tier contenders.  A mobile, excellent defender who can play both front court positions and who is an elite rebounder?  That's exactly what this team needs.

Gortat isn't as good as Varejao, but I'd probably pull the trigger on that deal, too.  Sully's play lately has made me hesitate on that more than I would have a couple of weeks ago, though.

Agreed. Sully is improving past, but there is a ceiling for undersized play under the rim big man. He is a warrior, but Gortat/Varejao/Cousins are better players than Sully ever can be.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
where has this idea come from that Gortat is some sort of star?

Sullinger is only going to get better and better...now im not saying we can NEVER trade him. but trading a guy with sullys potential(even if its to be a trade chip for a star in the future) for a role-player like Gortat??

im sure we all regret how the C's traded Joe johnson/Chauncey billups for what at the time were "help for now"
JJ yes, Chauncey never.

I like Sully but would want to keep him if we're getting Gortat or Varejao. 

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 10:47:08 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Doc meant that you can't move Sully. Like, literally. Not even with a crane.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Doc meant that you can't move Sully. Like, literally. Not even with a crane.

its really amazing out there to see him guarding/grabbing rebounds from guys like Chandler/amare.

he just gets to his spot and goes for the rebound.

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 10:57:04 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Thoughts?

agreed. look we all like sully and would love to keep him but he can be replaced by another big who hopefully can block and score better than sully.  AB is the guy we cannot afford to lose. no, AB does not make us contenders, we still need another big who can score and rebound and play d and block shots however it does not mean AB does not help the backcourt and penetration because he does. he helps immensely.

anyhow, great win by the C's. did not attack enough for me but enough outside shots fell and i will take it. Bradley is like a dang pitbull on D. ferocious animal.

keep him for the back court and get a real good big and we are in business boys. now we need to win 5 straight at home making our win streak 8 straight. one game at a time. we have beaten 3 straight playoff teams. and without rondo tonight. The blur looked good.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:06:51 PM by Boston Garden Leprechaun »
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 11:05:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Probably better than Doc saying we're looking to trade him.

That got a hearty lol.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 11:05:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
for Cousins  .....  No brainer ...Cousins is really special,  lottery level Big .

For Varejao ........Yes , agree with Roy ... if we keep Bradley ...and do this deal...we would be super tuff out team on anybodies court. I LOVE SULLY ...dang ..but team first.

Gortat.... grit my teeth  :-X .....probally would be a upgrade for THIS year...for a run...but ..Not sure I would do this ....

No deal should INCLUDE Bradley.....I would as soon trade Rondo.and draft  another point guard. than let AB go.