Author Topic: What do you guys expect out of R.J Hunter  (Read 21762 times)

Re: What do you guys expect out of R.J Hunter
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
^ It's a good point. 

There are plenty of players whose jumpers look really nice, but in practice they are streaky and inconsistent for whatever reason, leading to a much lower percentage from deep than you'd expect.

The hope with Hunter is that going from a J.R. Smith type of shot selection in college to more of a Mike Dunleavy type of shot selection will great improve his efficiency.

He might be J.J. Redick someday but he's gonna need to pick his spots more at first.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2015, 04:16:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Too many separate RJ threads.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2015, 04:17:16 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think he can a like klay thompson... if we have some patience.. better hanballer better defender...  the problem is... playing time... too many guards

« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I see him as a better defending Kevin Martin, but I honestly think RJ will take 2-3 years to reach anywhere near that potential. Until further notice, expect 20 different new RJ Hunter 'needs more PT, or is killing it in Maine,' threads.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2015, 04:48:27 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
^ It's a good point. 

There are plenty of players whose jumpers look really nice, but in practice they are streaky and inconsistent for whatever reason, leading to a much lower percentage from deep than you'd expect.

The hope with Hunter is that going from a J.R. Smith type of shot selection in college to more of a Mike Dunleavy type of shot selection will great improve his efficiency.

He might be J.J. Redick someday but he's gonna need to pick his spots more at first.

This. He will deff be more of a catch and shoot kinda player instead of pulling from the dribble

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2015, 04:50:37 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
I see him as a better defending Kevin Martin, but I honestly think RJ will take 2-3 years to reach anywhere near that potential. Until further notice, expect 20 different new RJ Hunter 'needs more PT, or is killing it in Maine,' threads.

Add some court awareness points to his 2K rating and that's seems spot on